Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2005, 11:37 PM
Cult of the Winky
DarkShadows_Legend is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DarkShadows_Legend
Anybody else catch this?
NSC = Nerf Space Station

"I rather be hated for being myself, than be liked for being what you like best. I go above the influence, not under." - Me
Old 10-07-2005, 01:01 AM
That one guy!
zim5354 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to zim5354
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreys
"Tyreal Imperial: The reason why Stefan is or has been working on "mechs" is because I showed him what I was doing (big mistake)"

That's why Zeon is getting mechs. Tyreal has been working on NSC for 2 years +

wait wait wait! in 2 years time you have only got

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreys
Neither of them are Aeon staff. And like I said, why would we open something that not close to done? All you can do so far really is walk around and open up the menu's...The other systems are getting done but they aren't ready yet so be patient...
what the...have you been doing?

Also I dont think its a mistake he showed him its better his idea "lives" even if its in the hands of a diffrent person then it die in his or someone elses hands. But thats just my thoughts atleast.
Old 10-07-2005, 05:50 PM
shutup ctrl+s
syltburk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to syltburk Send a message via AIM to syltburk Send a message via Yahoo to syltburk
Everythings an rip-off, all ideas are "ripped" from somewhere, even thought it might not be graal, it doesn't mean that you can't have the same game style in some areas, like guns, if a modern PW have guns these days, people like crono whine about ripping off, i mean what the hell? Where did they idea come from in the first place? It doesn't make it less exciting just because they have something that zones have in their server.
Old 10-08-2005, 12:02 AM
Incubator
Inverness is a jewel in the roughInverness is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShadows_Legend
Anybody else catch this?
NSC = Nerf Space Station
NSC would mean Nerf Space Center, but what you said is also a name for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zim5354
5) It seems you just compleatly rip your "ideas" from other existing servers (besides the pirate one that never was finished...shows what you can do without a example eh?) but to stay on topic your newest "Idea" Looks alot like...hmm what was that server on the gold tab..oh wait ZONE! Your other idea is a pure Era rip...and your classic overworld (if you can call it that :-/) and your classic server was/is UN...
You make it sound like there is some huge list of diffrent themed servers you could make that actually work, which isn't the case.

Elan is an original type Graal world, you can't 'rip' that.

Opan is a modern type world of course, Era had a brilliant idea in doing what they did however, we can still make Opan unique.

Arkland is an RP type world, Valikorlia first introduced true RP to Graal (I think) either way, there are all kinds of non-graal RPGs, its hardly some kind of new idea, we're just going to adapt it to Aeon.

I'm currently the project leader for Arkland, I have lots of good ideas but of course its not going to be the least bit easy implementing them (I REALLY need Clientside<->Serverside functions), but it will be unique in Graal, though unfortunately my inspiration levels are low, school sucks, i'm sleepy, and I need a dedicated Arkland staff if we're to continue from Alpha.

I don't really want Arkland to be like GK where you go around leveling up for hours, but I want the world to be able to support people who want to RP and be flexible in design so it can easily be changed. The MudLib I made does this for the items, and I plan to make a Talk-Tree system with the GUI when I get around certain complications to have more in-depth NPCs.

I'm always preaching on RC to make scripts/systems flexible and to use prefixes for filenames etc., noone listens until its too late, I know that when we start Arkland the less experienced staff will disorganize the whole thing when they start using personal prefixes and uploading duplicates, *****s sometimes.

The Serverside-Clientside barrier is a pain in the ass when using the system -.-

Last edited by Inverness; 10-08-2005 at 12:16 AM..
Old 10-11-2005, 07:30 AM
N-Pulse Assistant Manager
coreys has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to coreys Send a message via MSN to coreys Send a message via Yahoo to coreys
you can ask Nerf himself, Tyreal has been working on NSC for 2 years, when he was originally hired. The reason why its so early in development is that for the longest time Tyreal was the only one working on it. It was only a few months ago...maybe almost a year ago, that Magus was hired as GAT to work for NSC.

Quote:
*SlikRick: so should I even ask about your aim status?
*Xor: well if you want to
*Xor: but i am LARPING
*SlikRick: While on a computer?
*Xor: yes
*Xor: in my living room
*SlikRick: ahh
*Xor: i have a fort setup to hide from beasts
Old 10-11-2005, 08:33 AM
In Your Mouth
iLLusioNofGranduer is on a distinguished road
This message is for Aeon Staff and people who are checking this post in interest of what Aeon is, and not to the lifeless people who remonstrate servers and hope people will follow into to it, in essence, build their self esteem because they think they that people respect them in this virtual world we call Graal. Find something better to do than belittle servers with your own opinions, chances are if it's not constructive NOBODY gives a damn. Aeon is and will always be a unique server, regardless of your ignorant assumptions.

Aeon presents a lustrious world of choice to a player. The player has a WIDE variety of options to partake. They can undergo unique quests in a unique classic world, make a hobby to obtain all collectables, and/or play events. Of course, those are just a few examples. The world is interesting and fun to keep you wanting to play, much like how successful games are made that you might play on a console.
Players can also live a modern life with all the hardships that come with it in a uniquely made Modern world.
Another under construction project that was discussed is Arkland. Inverness is a brilliant designer who has much in store for this Roleplaying World. It does in fact involve roleplaying, yet I dont see just how that makes it ripped or stolen but I'll let you, the readers of my post, figure that out on your own. I suggest you play it and tell me if it's like anything you ever played. Your answer will be no, but I definitely want you to try it. You'll have an amazing time playing it.
Tyreal is another amazing designer who has pieced together a world in space. Although he likes to keep the surprise for when he's completed because he wants you all to experience the full effect of this masterpiece, I will let you in on a few secrets. Absolutely amazing, totally original, fun to explore and play, and will definitely leave you wanting more... which he will be providing because he plans to make the Space Stations and space environment continually expanding.
As you can see, we have put years of our time to developing and improving everything we have as we learn and design how to make our server more fun and entertaining. I failed to mention the rest of the dedicated, wonderful members, friends, and family that contribute to the progress of Aeon, which is why I mention them now. We, I mean the original Aeon staff, do this, not for ourselves, not for power, not for praise, not for positions in Graal, but to make something fun for EVERYONE on Graal to enjoy and love. If you like it, that's wonderful, we are happy and encourage you to be involved in our development or general society. For those of you that don't, complaining about it will clearly not gain you anything because we have nothing to lose. Go play something else, it won't bother us.. we promise.
Old 10-11-2005, 09:06 AM
Criminal X
PrinceDark will become famous soon enough
Isn't Tyreal that guy Koni always accuses of gfx stealing. What happened to his other project Adiard or whatever it was called? Is this Adiard renamed?
Old 10-15-2005, 07:23 PM
N-Pulse Assistant Manager
coreys has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to coreys Send a message via MSN to coreys Send a message via Yahoo to coreys
Different Tyreal I beleive.

Quote:
*SlikRick: so should I even ask about your aim status?
*Xor: well if you want to
*Xor: but i am LARPING
*SlikRick: While on a computer?
*Xor: yes
*Xor: in my living room
*SlikRick: ahh
*Xor: i have a fort setup to hide from beasts