Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Bomy Island Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2010, 12:24 AM
DeCeaseD will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
Dithered water? GG
Okay gg how.. you've given one example and even with that I gauruntee you if not myself.. someone else could easily do a styled dither to make a good looking water.. so point still not taken.
Old 10-01-2010, 12:36 AM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeCeaseD View Post
Okay gg how.. you've given one example and even with that I gauruntee you if not myself.. someone else could easily do a styled dither to make a good looking water.. so point still not taken.
The point is it does look worse than the original, which many of the graphics do. I'm not here to prove anything to you, and I'm not all that interested in going through backups to post comparisons. The staff can either take what I said or ignore it, but they will be stupid to mix styles like that and expect it to present itself as a grand revival. It might do to someone with no idea of standards, someone who is used to seeing crap content (it did to me when I first played on it) but after a while it rubs off.
Old 10-01-2010, 12:46 AM
DeCeaseD will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
The point is it does look worse than the original, which many of the graphics do. I'm not here to prove anything to you, and I'm not all that interested in going through backups to post comparisons. The staff can either take what I said or ignore it, but they will be stupid to mix styles like that and expect it to present itself as a grand revival. It might do to someone with no idea of standards, someone who is used to seeing crap content (it did to me when I first played on it) but after a while it rubs off.
Well I do understand where you're coming from and I also know what you are talking about in reference to alot of the images not being up to par.. but I personally thought as far as the bodies looked and their relation to graal they were rather amazing..
Old 10-02-2010, 07:52 AM
Notorious
Soto will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to Soto
Once you get it in working condition, i say you release as is, and every month push out an update whether it be small or big just to let us know things have not came to a halt

got plex?
Old 10-02-2010, 08:42 AM
Registered
--Chris-- will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to --Chris--
Throughout the years I have witnessed many, many posts like this. Some how I feel optimistic about this one It is practical.

Karsh and I were the main gani staff for 2k1 for quite a while. I can tell you from my experience that the "2k1" bodies are a lot easier to work with than the "Classic" alternative, and they provide a platform with more capacity to be creative. I will gladly make such contributions again when I have the time after graduating (from University) in Jan-April!

It would be nice to see the old Kingdoms if the backup had those levels.

I strongly recommend the following:

1) Server has to be free.
2) Needs a manager with an understanding of economics.

Old 10-02-2010, 08:59 AM
Zvarri!
benpoke103 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by --Chris-- View Post
Throughout the years I have witnessed many, many posts like this. Some how I feel optimistic about this one It is practical.

Karsh and I were the main gani staff for 2k1 for quite a while. I can tell you from my experience that the "2k1" bodies are a lot easier to work with than the "Classic" alternative, and they provide a platform with more capacity to be creative. I will gladly make such contributions again when I have the time after graduating (from University) in Jan-April!

It would be nice to see the old Kingdoms if the backup had those levels.

I strongly recommend the following:

1) Server has to be free.
2) Needs a manager with an understanding of economics.
I don't see 2k1 becoming Gold again. Microtransactions however..

I think Skyld will probably remain Manager of 2k1, it's his call in the end.

Forum PM (Preferred)
#graaldt @ Freenode
Old 10-05-2010, 04:13 PM
Rat...
Brad has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Brad Send a message via Yahoo to Brad
only reason I would want old bodies is the health system. Bomys could fight humans in the old health system. With the new one, humans were able to damage us when we were in in our shell after getting knocked back when being struck. I don't see why you would need to 'fix' anything with bomys in the old health system. I could easily own 95% of humans on the server as a bomy.

Brad.
2k14lyf
Forum idiots shall rule once more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unixmad
Forums without brad will have been sad
Old 10-05-2010, 04:14 PM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
oh cool - any screens??
Old 10-05-2010, 06:20 PM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
I am confused, is the plan to recreate a version of 5-7 year old version of the server? Didn't they try this a few times and it fail? I am confused on what changed over the years (especially since you're not using any of Konidas' stuff).
Old 10-05-2010, 08:22 PM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
Do you still plan on using these bodies?
http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...ad.php?t=72457
Old 10-05-2010, 09:19 PM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
the bodies they are talking about are the G2K2/Graal Kingdoms look-a-likes. I get the impression that they're not using any of Konidas work.
Old 10-05-2010, 09:24 PM
Zvarri!
benpoke103 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus_asinus View Post
I am confused, is the plan to recreate a version of 5-7 year old version of the server? Didn't they try this a few times and it fail? I am confused on what changed over the years (especially since you're not using any of Konidas' stuff).
I guess the overall goal everyone seems to want is would be to bring back 2k1, and turn it what it might be like today, so essentially 2k11. How we will approach this is still uncertain, which is why we are looking for input. We're going to do what we can with 2k1, but with reservation in mind. We don't want to spend our time doing extremely daunting tasks if we have room for doubt that our efforts would be wasted.

As far as Konidias' bodies go, no we don't plan to use those. The system that was left on the server was in an extremely complex and unfinished state, and it was pretty painful backing all that up as well. The system itself I think accounted for about 150-200 directories in the backup, lol.

Forum PM (Preferred)
#graaldt @ Freenode
Old 10-05-2010, 09:34 PM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
Well, it looks like a doomed project from where I stand. You don't have a plan outside of "convert a decade old server and do... something". If you want to revive the server, you're going to do what Konidas was in the process of doing; a complete overhaul of the server. He knew that a simple conversion wasn't going to do a damn thing, and you should know better too.
Old 10-06-2010, 09:18 PM
Petrification of a Newbie
Darklux is a jewel in the roughDarklux is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to Darklux Send a message via AIM to Darklux Send a message via Yahoo to Darklux
First of all, gratulations for the already achieved goals and commited work

Yet I wonder:
I renember that there was a G2k1 rework some years ago - that failed terribly. First it had a great response, but the playercount decreased rapidly.

So... what will you offer to make it attractive as an up to date playerworld, attracting players (an object that is becoming less and less frequent) - or will it just be a fully functional memorial ground for former g2k1 players, that can be used to idle by them?

Konidias attempt was interesting, sadly it took off in an too different direction. Do you really think that you can "revive" a playerworld?
Old 10-07-2010, 12:52 AM
Prinking Droblem
Geno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Geno
use the bodies koni made.

most of the people dont even know how they work. its really cool. if you post some shots that would prob get the majority to agree with them.

Rufus you need to realize this is Graal and it is not going to be perfect.