Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Classic Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-29-2009, 07:55 PM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
RIP Classic.

P.S I will help bring it back if Im the only dev left with hope.

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 06-29-2009, 07:58 PM
Luda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Luda
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticX2X View Post
RIP Classic.

P.S I will help bring it back if Im the only dev left with hope.
Old 06-29-2009, 09:19 PM
Prince
Thanks for your unproductive post, Luda. You tend to do it a lot.

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 06-29-2009, 09:21 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticX2X View Post
Thanks for your unproductive post, Luda. You tend to do it a lot.
How was yours any more productive? Most posts are unproductive, including this one.
Old 06-29-2009, 10:36 PM
Remonq is just really niceRemonq is just really nice
i have pretty much the same point of view on classic as shimmy. i'm still waiting to talk to thor or storm (most likely thor i assume) regarding my division but i haven't seen him on when i'm on yet
Old 06-29-2009, 10:40 PM
DarkCloud_PK is a jewel in the roughDarkCloud_PK is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by EclipsedAngel View Post
There's a reason why people are going to UN instead of Classic now.
It has the highest playercount that uses the regular gameplay.

Players from classic transferring to UN is only making UN more fun.
If Classic was gone, everyone on classic would leave to UN, and I'd see all my UN and Classic buddies on the same server.
If UN was gone, I REALLY doubt the people from there are gonna all go to Classic.

Logging onto Classic is bringing nothing anymore. No one is on, no one is doing anything besides planting their butts on a chair and not doing anything.

There's nothing for me to GP because there's no one on causing trouble on the server.

The next time the playercount will rise is the monthly if nothing big is released, and you'll all think it's amazing how big the playercount is when it's nothing new. Maybe I should step into development to see what exactly is going on and what I can do to help, if there's even a possibility to get the server back on it's feet again.
dev cant help without a scripting force, I'm one out of three and have to do admin work and some of the work of the management aswell(since they cant seem to do their own). The other 2/3's of the scripting team are AWOL(Thor and Storm). Classic's custom systems as well as Classic's 5 year infamy with administration and management tend to draw scripters away. There isn't a whole hell of a lot anyone can do anymore. Especially at the rate things need to be done. I have the two managers on one simple quest yet it has gone 2 months without much scripting done.

~DC
2001-2002 - Classic FAQ Administrator/Special Operations Administrator
2005 - 2009 - GC Dev Admin
2009 - Classic Dev Admin Stint
Old 06-29-2009, 11:00 PM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
in UC I hope they come to the realization that this scripted HD was a terrible idea, and revert.
Old 06-29-2009, 11:00 PM
Gladius
BlackSolider will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to BlackSolider
No one wants to play on a server where the dev team fails. No one wants to dev for a server that the players never seem to be satisfied.

So we're stuck in a loop of destruction.

Classic used to be fun when we had 25-35 people on daily, had 2-3 GCs on to chain host, and had a decent variety of events being hosted. Of course this was 2-3 years ago, and by now we are far from these standards.

Can we return to this form, or even something decent? Not at this rate. No one wants to dev, no one wants to host, no one wants to log on. Until enough dedicated people join together, decide on a direction for the server, and take us there, Classic is not going to return to the list.

TBH I logged on graal before opening this thread, and simply laughed to myself when I didn't see classic on the list. As I said before, I'd still like to contribute to classic, and I hope many of you do as well.
Old 06-29-2009, 11:02 PM
Remonq is just really niceRemonq is just really nice
i love how DC plays the blame game instead of doing something to, yknow, actually fix it when he is in a place of power to fix it
Old 06-29-2009, 11:06 PM
Banned
-Ching is a glorious beacon of light-Ching is a glorious beacon of light-Ching is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to -Ching
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remonq View Post
i love how DC plays the blame game instead of doing something to, yknow, actually fix it when he is in a place of power to fix it
because there's a time when you got to admit the time to fix things has passed
Old 06-29-2009, 11:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remonq View Post
you cant have one person script and manage the server all at once and especially at a fast rate is needed. I need more than myself scripting, I need more than myself logging on more than twice a week and actually doing scripting and management work.

Edit: Unless you find another person that will manage to play this game for around 12+ hours a day like Rufus, but who can do that and script, like Yen.

~DC
Old 06-29-2009, 11:12 PM
Prince
DC just feels like he's pulling a one man show since both the management are inactive ( to his eyes, i only see storm as the problem).

I hate how he sprouts all this dilemma to get his way, when most times it's not necessary, but you have to face the facts sometimes.

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 06-29-2009, 11:16 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
What happened to Ben Rain, Pelikano, and this new guy named Ven?
Old 06-29-2009, 11:19 PM
Everyone loses interest and goes inactive for one reason or another, Classic has had it for years, where only the dev admin would be scripting, and not have much in the way of a dev team, due to the fact that since I've seen storm manage, noone besides the dev admin stays interested very long scripting in a non admin position on classic. The only exception is when Night was always managing to have a scripter to himself for many years to develop for GC.

Kind of makes why the server is where it is at now kind of easier to see.

~DC