Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Bug Report
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-04-2011, 08:58 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Found any problems with the Linux version except the libsdl-mixer?
Old 04-07-2011, 07:35 PM
cyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant future
The client randomly freezes from time to time but other than that everything else seems fine.
Old 04-25-2011, 03:32 AM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
New versions 5.327 for Linux 32 bit and 64 bit have been uploaded:
32 bit: http://www.graalonline.com/downloads...al_linux32.zip
64 bit: http://www.graalonline.com/downloads...al_linux64.zip

- Added undo/redo functionality to GuiMLTextEditCtrl, by default 16 undo steps, you can increase by setting undostacksize = number; the undo/redo is working with normal shortcuts: Ctrl+Z for undo, Ctrl+Y or Ctrl+Shift+Z for redo
- Support for more body colors on client-side (you can e.g. do for (i=0; i<5; i++) player.colors[i] = "indigo"); server-side support will be added when all clients are switched to v6; you will appear black to other players when using the extended colors; all html colors are supported (20 default colors + 143 html colors)
- Fixed the indigo html color
- Improved the speed of GuiMLTextCtrl.reflow(), especially for syntax highlighting
- Fixed some problems where multi-line text in external windows was not correctly refreshed
- Doesn't deselect text if a text field loses the focus or you copy text from it
- Improved support for wba-styles: uses them for drawing GuiTextEditSliderCtrl, and reads the color of the start bar text (GuiTextCtrl.stylesection="Clock"); you can see a new gui style VPlusBlue in the options
- added Verdana bold to the login server
- Fixes a bug that could crash the game on login when a server uses the default weapons (Bow, Bomb etc.)
- Correctly animates showimgs even if the NPC which is showing them is itself not visible
- Doesn't crash anymore when a gani animation is hiding showimgs

It also fixes some problems with Copy&Paste and Drag&Drop on Linux.
Old 04-25-2011, 10:39 PM
Past iClassic GP
Zeke is on a distinguished road
Sound playback is about .5s behind. Running Kubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat with pulseaudio. I have only noticed the delay with Graal, all other applications are correct, so I know everything is configured correctly on my system.

Old 04-25-2011, 10:41 PM
cyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
Sound playback is about .5s behind. Running Kubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat with pulseaudio. I have only noticed the delay with Graal, all other applications are correct, so I know everything is configured correctly on my system.
I used to get that on V5 with Ubuntu 10.10 but It doesn't happen on V6.
Old 04-27-2011, 03:59 PM
Past iClassic GP
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyan3 View Post
I used to get that on V5 with Ubuntu 10.10 but It doesn't happen on V6.
I just upgraded mine to ubuntu 11.04 beta, It's lagging on here too, but the delay is not as long as it was on 10.10. Odd.. I suspect they might improve ALSA performance via pulseaudio on the normal 11.04 release that comes out tomorrow. I'll post if it's any better or not then.

Old 04-27-2011, 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
I just upgraded mine to ubuntu 11.04 beta, It's lagging on here too, but the delay is not as long as it was on 10.10. Odd.. I suspect they might improve ALSA performance via pulseaudio on the normal 11.04 release that comes out tomorrow. I'll post if it's any better or not then.
I went back and checked V5 and sound doesn't have any delay but I've had this problem many times with different installs after formatting and reinstalling Linux and mostly had the same problem with new installations but a few of the installs the sound worked without any problems.
Old 04-27-2011, 05:56 PM
Graal Administration
Linux v6 is using SDL mixer, normally it should be fine
Old 04-27-2011, 11:00 PM
Deas
Deas_Voice is a jewel in the roughDeas_Voice is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Deas_Voice Send a message via MSN to Deas_Voice Send a message via Yahoo to Deas_Voice
V6 seems to be using different sounds when slashing, droping bombs, etc, is this correct?

also, grab gani doesn't show for me, tried to delete it, no change.
since 2003~
I Support~
ღAeonღ | ღTestbedღ | ღDelteriaღ

if you are going to rep me, don't be an idiot, leave your name!
I got nothing but love for you
Old 04-27-2011, 11:43 PM
Past iClassic GP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deas_Voice View Post
V6 seems to be using different sounds when slashing, droping bombs, etc, is this correct?
The only thing I can think of is that a lot of the sounds were redone on some iphone servers. Of course, the only way for you to have obtained those would've been to actually log onto one, (which I don't know if you have), though I wouldn't think those would've carried over to other servers. Or perhaps I'm completely wrong, and the default/included sound files have changed.

(Chances are I'm completely wrong. lol.)

Old 04-27-2011, 11:53 PM
Graal Administration
The sounds haven't changed, may be some server was overwriting them. It's also possible that the sounds sound differently with SDL, like it's doing on Facebook (because it only supports 11,22 and 44 kHz).
Old 04-28-2011, 01:58 AM
Really Forkking Awesome
Forkk is on a distinguished road
Both V5 and V6 seem to have a sound delay for me in both Ubuntu 11.04, and Ubuntu 10.10, on both of my computers. (Which are both pretty slow) V5 had about a 1-2 second delay, while V6 is only about half a second. I also noticed that the sounds seem different too.
Old 04-28-2011, 12:17 PM
Banned
Umat will become famous soon enough
44,1 kHz is standard, this is what most people use anyway (nowadays).
Old 04-28-2011, 09:46 PM
Deas
Deas_Voice is a jewel in the roughDeas_Voice is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Deas_Voice Send a message via MSN to Deas_Voice Send a message via Yahoo to Deas_Voice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
The sounds haven't changed, may be some server was overwriting them. It's also possible that the sounds sound differently with SDL, like it's doing on Facebook (because it only supports 11,22 and 44 kHz).
that's odd.

since v6 is using the same files as v5, they use the same sounds, nothing is overwritten ( to fix this "overwriting" issue, you could make the default files read-only), so it has to be the SDL library
since 2003~
I Support~
ღAeonღ | ღTestbedღ | ღDelteriaღ

if you are going to rep me, don't be an idiot, leave your name!
I got nothing but love for you
Old 04-28-2011, 11:17 PM
My empire of dirt
Twinny is just really niceTwinny is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Twinny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umat View Post
44,1 kHz is standard, this is what most people use anyway (nowadays).
192Khz, baby!

Tags
graal v6, linux