Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2010, 05:27 PM
/-;,;-\ /-;,;-\ /-;,;-\
KrimsonSky can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to KrimsonSky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logababy View Post
Lots of people get classic accounts that are not theirs.
I didn't realise it was not allowed.

Are you serious...so now when they find out you're using a classic account = ez ban
*Bell (Tue Feb 09 15:32:52 2010): go sit on noctorious and pretend you're on Era!
Chris Vimes (Sun Aug 08 09:40:16 2010): r u rly a purple super dragon??
snk (Working) (Wed Oct 13 12:40:55 2010):they do nothing, i hate them with passion
Old 06-16-2010, 05:32 PM
unknown
Logababy will become famous soon enough
But I'm not son.
Old 06-16-2010, 05:42 PM
Bell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud of
To clear up a little confusion for Zephirot and Logababy.

1. According to the terms of service when you register for an account.

Quote:
General Provisions. You may not use, copy, modify, sublicense, rent, sell, assign or transfer the license granted pursuant to this Agreement except as expressly provided in this Agreement. Any assignment in violation of this Agreement is void.
This means the account cannot be used, given, rented or sold to anyone else. Hence why you see sharing bans. Keep in mind that if an account is knowingly sold or transferred we have in the past and will request the lifetime Classic subscription be removed permanently.

2. While Classic subscriptions are no longer available, named accounts are in some cases. This is done at the discretion of accounts support is very specific. If a named trial account has not been in use for 4 to 5 years it can be reassigned to someone requesting it. This account must then be upgraded to gold for a year within a specified period of time (I normally use 30 days but others have used 2 weeks). These accounts can not be altered in any way. There will be no reformatting of the name at all. If the name is all in caps, it stays in caps.

It is up to the person requesting an account to supply a name they wish to have however. We do not have access to a list of all available account names. Each one requested has to be researched individually. While we do have the ability to use wildcards in searching it is still a time consuming process. Which is why I insist they be upgraded. If they are not upgraded within the specified time they will be disabled. This is to deter people from just trying to 'harvest' named accounts.
Old 06-16-2010, 05:45 PM
/-;,;-\ /-;,;-\ /-;,;-\
KrimsonSky can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to KrimsonSky
lol
*Bell (Tue Feb 09 15:32:52 2010): go sit on noctorious and pretend you're on Era!
Chris Vimes (Sun Aug 08 09:40:16 2010): r u rly a purple super dragon??
snk (Working) (Wed Oct 13 12:40:55 2010):they do nothing, i hate them with passion
Old 06-16-2010, 05:47 PM
Banned?
zephirot is a name known to allzephirot is a name known to allzephirot is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to zephirot Send a message via MSN to zephirot

Quote:
General Provisions. You may not use, copy, modify, sublicense, rent, sell, assign or transfer the license granted pursuant to this Agreement except as expressly provided in this Agreement. Any assignment in violation of this Agreement is void.

That was not there nine years ago when I registered an account.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unixmad
Can you just shut up ?
MAGA
MFGA
MEGA
Old 06-16-2010, 05:48 PM
unknown
Logababy will become famous soon enough
Okay, thanks Bell.
Old 06-16-2010, 06:02 PM
Bell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by zephirot View Post

Quote:

That was not there nine years ago when I registered an account.
Agreement. This Agreement comprise the entire agreement between LINUX Cyberjoueurs and you, and supersedes any prior agreements between you and LINUX Cyberjoueurs with respect to the subject matter hereof or thereof.
Old 06-16-2010, 06:17 PM
not doing alot
Liberated has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell View Post
Agreement. This Agreement comprise the entire agreement between LINUX Cyberjoueurs and you, and supersedes any prior agreements between you and LINUX Cyberjoueurs with respect to the subject matter hereof or thereof.
So when he bought an account 9 years ago, that buying suddenly becomes renting because of a change in terms, that happened after he bought it, doesn't make sense to me, it makes sense to me that they call it renting nowadays, but i don't think they should be allowed to change that on existing accounts.
Old 06-16-2010, 06:32 PM
I also got my account 9 years ago and even then it never said you 'own' the account. It still said that terms are subject to change which is pretty normal with any account you get from any company. You are actually only paying for useage rights and there is never a clause saying that you get to do with it whatever you want. The emotions come out when you say the word 'rent.'

This is really no different than a credit card or bank account. They all have a 'change in terms' clause and a 'termination' clause. Cyberjoueurs is no different.

Quote:
Termination. Either you or LINUX Cyberjoueurs may terminate this Agreement at any time. Your only right with respect to any dissatisfaction with any Agreement term, or policy or practice of a Graal Online administrator or LINUX Cyberjoueurs in operating the Graal Online system or change therein is to terminate this Agreement by notifying Graal Online Support Staff of your desire to terminate and confirming such request in writing or electronically if requested. Your notice of termination will be effective upon receipt by the Graal Online Support Staff, or upon receipt of confirmation if confirmation is requested.
Old 06-17-2010, 04:36 AM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
Seems I've stirred a buzzards nest of people who haven't been keeping on top of the Agreement they...agreed to
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·
Old 06-17-2010, 05:13 AM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSAdmin View Post
Seems I've stirred a buzzards nest of people who haven't been keeping on top of the Agreement they...agreed to
as if you're going to actually catch someone with undeniable evidence in most (if not all) of these cases. back when we "rented" the classic accounts, it's as if we paid the "rental" fee and just never ever brought it home, sort of like netflix. only those who were not awesome enough to play graal back in the day have to actually return their accounts (DVDs) back. they can't take away our classic account status, and you cannot exactly prove who has what classic account: who cares with the numbered accounts, those eventually terminate

basically logababy should have just shut up about getting a classic account
Old 06-17-2010, 05:43 AM
http://wiki.graal.us/
adam has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to adam
The first person I saw on graal that I remembered after I came back for a visit, told me. "Yeah, I get that a lot, but no i'm not him. I just have his account."

For development help, contact the patrons of the #graaldt irc channel below, I am usually there.
Click Here to Join IRC Chat Now! -- irc.freenode.net Channel: #graaldt
Quote:
<Dustyshouri> no, RogueShadow is always talking about scripts lol
<Dustyshouri> in fact, he pretty much brought Graal back as a topic single-handedly
Old 06-17-2010, 07:31 AM
Zeus Condero
papajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to behold
Your rental logic fails TSAdmin as if i rent a DVD, i can allow my friends and family to borrow it and what not. So with your example, i can give my account out to people? But that just contradicts your other statement about not being able to account share.
Old 06-17-2010, 07:46 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by papajchris View Post
Your rental logic fails TSAdmin as if i rent a DVD, i can allow my friends and family to borrow it and what not. So with your example, i can give my account out to people? But that just contradicts your other statement about not being able to account share.
I agree with what papa is saying.

Though something tells me he'll just give you a small paragraph on how the agreement tells you **** your logic :>

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 06-17-2010, 07:54 AM
It doesn't really matter what the example is. The TOS say you can't share or it voids any agreement between yourself and Graal. Meaning that if useage appears that you are sharing your account, you risk the loss of any subscriptions you currently have on said account. When someone tells me they're hopping all over the US, Canada and Europe every few days, I call that proof enough they are liars and will request the account be reverted to trial.

Normally sharing bans come after someone has drawn attention to themselves in a bad way by attempting to 'harvest' accounts to resell or some enemy of theirs has turned them in. Giving away accounts has been going on for years and sharing enforcement has been going just as long. It just is far more noticeable these days since lifetime subscriptions and named accounts have been removed.