Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2010, 11:07 AM
unknown
Logababy will become famous soon enough
My Account

To Playerworld's staff,

I would like to change my account name "Graal734724" to Logababy. I currently have a gold account and I am getting constantly annoyed when somebody is trying to add me to a business or gang. They have to keep putting in graal734724 and when I'm on the leaderboard for something people don't know who I am.
Please consider this. I have been with graal for 2 years now and seriously want my account name to be "Logababy".
Sorry for taking your time.
This will probaly get denied but anyway.

-Logababy

Last edited by Logababy; 06-16-2010 at 11:30 AM..
Old 06-16-2010, 11:14 AM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Your username is set to Logababy at the moment, else you wouldn't be able to use it on the forums. Sounds like it's a problem that Era has with its scripting, not your account itself. Time to bug Era staff about it!
Old 06-16-2010, 11:27 AM
unknown
No Logababy is my community name.
Oops sorry typo at first post i meant to say account name

Last edited by Logababy; 06-16-2010 at 11:29 AM.. Reason: typo
Old 06-16-2010, 11:47 AM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Won't happen. Era needs to update all of its scripts to use community name instead of account.
Old 06-16-2010, 12:07 PM
unknown
cbk1994 (Admin)

Unfortunately not possible because of the way the account system works. We hate it too but it's not our design.
Old 06-16-2010, 12:33 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
The account system was changed after many years of Era's existence, and I have better things to do right now than change every single script on Era to work with community names. Everything that I have ever released has supported community names, as does all of Era Dev (for after the reset).

What I said regarding "not possible" was in response to your request for your account name to be changed. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
Old 06-16-2010, 12:35 PM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
Playerworlds need to optimise their use of player.communityName and the findPlayerByCommunityName() function.

Down to the business end of it though, accounts are not (and will not be) renamed. All information stored anywhere is associated with your account as a referencing factor. Renaming your account would pretty much reset everything that makes your account.
Eg: Your gold subscription (Which is associated with your account) would no longer exist, all your attributes on all servers would not exist, all your profile information would not exist. It would be as if you were starting the game entirely from scratch.

The above, as a whole being categorised as "Totally reset" if a name need be put to it, is only one reason accounts are not renamed.
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·
Old 06-16-2010, 12:37 PM
unknown
Alright.
I might try and get a classic account then.
Old 06-16-2010, 12:40 PM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logababy View Post
Alright.
I might try and get a classic account then.
What do you mean "try to get a classic account, then"? You can't get the "Classic" subscription anymore, and you can't ask someone else for theirs as accounts are only rented by the person, they do not own them. Thus they are non-transferable. Someone else giving you a classic account would be like them handing you a DVD they rented from the video store. In the bigger picture: GraalOnline is the video store, you guys (and even me) are merely renting these accounts.
Old 06-16-2010, 12:42 PM
unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSAdmin View Post
What do you mean "try to get a classic account, then"? You can't get the "Classic" subscription anymore, and you can't ask someone else for theirs as accounts are only rented by the person, they do not own them. Thus they are non-transferable. Someone else giving you a classic account would be like them handing you a DVD they rented from the video store. In the bigger picture: GraalOnline is the video store, you guys (and even me) are merely renting these accounts.
Lots of people get classic accounts that are not theirs.
I didn't realise it was not allowed.
Old 06-16-2010, 12:45 PM
Forum Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logababy View Post
Lots of people get classic accounts that are not theirs.
I didn't realise it was not allowed.
Well, it's not allowed. Indeed, keeping track of who has access to accounts they shouldn't is not a simple task. Most people keep a low profile about it and are never suspected. On a personal note though, that was before I was able to handle account support. While I'm able to handle account support, I intend to make it hundreds of times harder to slip it past our noses and cramp down on those who shouldn't have them.
Old 06-16-2010, 02:40 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Don't tell anyone, but I stole this account.
Old 06-16-2010, 02:51 PM
unknown
Ok I promise not to mass it on era every day. <3
Old 06-16-2010, 03:13 PM
Banned?
zephirot is a name known to allzephirot is a name known to allzephirot is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to zephirot Send a message via MSN to zephirot
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSAdmin View Post
What is this bull****, I didn't rent anything, I bought an account and it's MINE, and if I want to give it to someone, I will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unixmad
Can you just shut up ?
MAGA
MFGA
MEGA
Old 06-16-2010, 04:04 PM
unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by zephirot View Post
What is this bull****, I didn't rent anything, I bought an account and it's MINE, and if I want to give it to someone, I will.
Apperently its not yours.