Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
  #16  
Old 02-14-2015, 01:18 PM
BlueMelon BlueMelon is offline
asdfg
BlueMelon's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,481
BlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohola_KinG View Post
Well you are right, nothing will change. Exactly why i wanted GA badly because i was willing to put everything into it. I seen myself as the last chance at getting gangs sorted once and all.
Not saying you wouldn't have done a good job, but nothing would be game changing. Era's been the same for years and it's not going to change. The same things have been said forever ago, nothing I am reading really surprises me. The only player jump rise Era gets (lasts tops 1 week) is when there is a new manager or some shiz.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohola_KinG View Post
Graal PC will die, maybe not now but it has no future in this system.
I'm sure you can find this exact post aged 5+ years ago by a ton of players, nothing new is being said. We all know this
__________________
http://i.imgur.com/OOJbW.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02-14-2015, 06:21 PM
Tim_Rocks Tim_Rocks is offline
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 1,863
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
When we finally released the new gmap the server did go back into the hundreds player count wise. Sadly this project took about 4 months to compete. That's a lot of work to have done every other week to keep that player count consistent.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 02-14-2015, 09:35 PM
Eclipse Eclipse is offline
Registered User
Eclipse's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: CT, Bristol
Posts: 377
Eclipse is a jewel in the roughEclipse is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Eclipse
we need a gang admin, all you noobs in charge do something
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 02-14-2015, 09:43 PM
Tim_Rocks Tim_Rocks is offline
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 1,863
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Does simply having a gang admin solve the problem?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 02-14-2015, 10:03 PM
Kohola_KinG Kohola_KinG is offline
Registered User
Kohola_KinG's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 613
Kohola_KinG is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Rocks View Post
Does simply having a gang admin solve the problem?
It would be a start. You as an admin failed to address it. You as a manager failed to address it and make it a high priority. Instead you put all your time and efforts into a useless mall and a lending system that doesn't even get used anymore. Also don't hit me with the simulation raid. 30 minutes of that makes my eyes bleed.

You have no reason to be in this discussion when you're partly to blame for the downfall. You were Co-Manager and failed to get on and address any issues. You talk a good game on the forums but these are only words, why don't you actually do something about it? If you wont then kindly shut the f up.

Last edited by Kohola_KinG; 02-14-2015 at 10:32 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 02-14-2015, 11:17 PM
Godzilla Godzilla is offline
Banned
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 450
Godzilla has a spectacular aura about
suggestion; merge pc era and iera together already
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 02-15-2015, 12:24 AM
Logababy Logababy is offline
unknown
Logababy's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Australia
Posts: 221
Logababy will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
suggestion; merge pc era and iera together already
I'm all for it, however would this even be plausible?
iEra is obviously the more popular game, doing very well at the moment, how would we go about the merging?

We can't expect the thousands of iEra players to cope with their game changing to Era PC with the much more smaller player count. It just wouldn't happen that way.

Also, what's the difference between just playing iEra on Facebook from what it's going to be like after the merge? No changes will be made in gameplay, all that will have changed is the staff team, those who are willing to go over to iEra which not all will be.

I don't know man, it sounds like a great idea but for us, the minority, I doubt it would end well.
We enjoy PC Era for the sparring, businesses, events, gangs, but most of all, the community itself.

PC players don't play iEra for their own reasons, which are all understandable, so I just don't know if there's any point merging when it's already all there for anyone who wants to play it.

Don't get me wrong, I hope one day we merge and PC players will be satisfied however I'm not sure if it's the best thing to do, for Graal itself.

I really do hope, because the PC players after all these years, do deserve some kind of salvation for the thousands of hours put in to their beloved game.

Who am I though? That's just my opinion, please let me know yours!
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 02-15-2015, 12:39 AM
gravator gravator is offline
Joe Cruddas (VIP)
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 279
gravator has a spectacular aura about
When i first played era, there was a quest in the mines to get a special HP potion that boosted your max health from 10 to i think 15? Perhaps new quests could be added with minor permanent rewards at the end? A permanent security vest that acts as extra HP, maybe something to boost your speed a little, or an average gun that is not too strong but uses common ammo, something that would encourage new or casual players to stick around longer.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 02-15-2015, 01:14 AM
shrimps shrimps is offline
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Red Bank, Tennessee
Posts: 1,127
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
I think a gang admin would help somewhat, even if they don't make changes all the time, just having an active staff member host and promote raiding from various ways. You pretty much have to baby people into raiding now.
Swift did a lot of those random gang events/activities and there was a lot of people raiding.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 02-15-2015, 01:20 AM
Supaman771 Supaman771 is offline
Posting The Truth
Supaman771's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,694
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravator View Post
When i first played era, there was a quest in the mines to get a special HP potion that boosted your max health from 10 to i think 15? Perhaps new quests could be added with minor permanent rewards at the end? A permanent security vest that acts as extra HP, maybe something to boost your speed a little, or an average gun that is not too strong but uses common ammo, something that would encourage new or casual players to stick around longer.
A few dozens of hours of development (coding, levels, ultimately effects/items that need images/ganis/sounds) for a few minutes (even at best the Mine Quest took you 15 minutes if you didn't have a guide) of game-play just doesn't make sense in the end.

There is no winning formula on a sandbox platform like this. We just have to hope for dedicated players we can trust to stroll along and be talented enough to produce consistent content; and then we have to hope the noobs playing the game actually participate.

Gangs are the same as they were when there was 120 players and 30k points per guild. Having some retard on a Gang Admin tag doesn't make that happen, the system was created for; and is designed to handle that type of participation. The players just don't want to participate and it's been this way for years, I've posted a half-dozen threads saying the same thing: We as a lineage of developers have held up our end of the bargain creating the content requested for the better part of a decade... but the key element to all this content is that the players utilize it.

Honestly though; at this point those first people I described (Staff) won't bother spending their time to create this content because the players neglect or trash on it (see koho's above post regarding Tim) . And this results in a lose-lose situation.
__________________

Last edited by Darlene159; 02-15-2015 at 02:30 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 02-15-2015, 01:23 AM
Godzilla Godzilla is offline
Banned
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 450
Godzilla has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logababy View Post
I'm all for it, however would this even be plausible?
iEra is obviously the more popular game, doing very well at the moment, how would we go about the merging?

We can't expect the thousands of iEra players to cope with their game changing to Era PC with the much more smaller player count. It just wouldn't happen that way.

Also, what's the difference between just playing iEra on Facebook from what it's going to be like after the merge? No changes will be made in gameplay, all that will have changed is the staff team, those who are willing to go over to iEra which not all will be.

I don't know man, it sounds like a great idea but for us, the minority, I doubt it would end well.
We enjoy PC Era for the sparring, businesses, events, gangs, but most of all, the community itself.

PC players don't play iEra for their own reasons, which are all understandable, so I just don't know if there's any point merging when it's already all there for anyone who wants to play it.

Don't get me wrong, I hope one day we merge and PC players will be satisfied however I'm not sure if it's the best thing to do, for Graal itself.

I really do hope, because the PC players after all these years, do deserve some kind of salvation for the thousands of hours put in to their beloved game.

Who am I though? That's just my opinion, please let me know yours!
iEra > PC Era
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 02-15-2015, 01:59 AM
paintballdude956 paintballdude956 is offline
Registered User
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 40
paintballdude956 will become famous soon enough
From what I understand (Andy could comment on this a lot more than I), iEra is coded quite a bit differently. I know for a fact it runs higher than 20 FPS, which is already a huge difference both for development and player experience. For instance, this allows a huge diversity in weapon statistics, since stats freeze, sleep, etc are not limited to .05 of a second increments (1 divided by 20 FPS = .05 in case you didn't know where that limitation comes from).
And apart from guns, every script on PC Era relies on the fact that the game runs at 20 FPS. I don't know how easy it would be to port things over to iEra standards.

But apart from that, I've heard anecdotal accounts from iEra players that they like PC Era more. They prefer the raiding, the hitsystem, the walkspeed, etc. What's more, they like some of the more complicated systems we have. What stops a lot of them from getting hooked is the lack of players, obviously.

So I guess what I'm saying is that there is no easy solution and that they're almost entirely different games. One thing though: I would be tempted to play iEra if there were just a standalone client and I didn't have to play on a crummy web browser. That's probably the biggest beef I have with iEra
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 02-15-2015, 02:36 AM
Supaman771 Supaman771 is offline
Posting The Truth
Supaman771's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,694
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballdude956 View Post
What stops a lot of them from getting hooked is the lack of players, obviously.

So I guess what I'm saying is that there is no easy solution and that they're almost entirely different games. One thing though: I would be tempted to play iEra if there were just a standalone client and I didn't have to play on a crummy web browser. That's probably the biggest beef I have with iEra
This mentality is one of the biggest issues we have with PC Era as well.
They don't want to play because there's not enough players; but there isn't enough players because they don't want to play. Trollol.

I didn't mind playing iEra on my tablet but once they added the BAR and it basically became pay2win I immediately stopped playing.
If I could get online via the Graal client though I'd consider playing again just because it makes it much more accessible.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 02-15-2015, 03:15 AM
shrimps shrimps is offline
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Red Bank, Tennessee
Posts: 1,127
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
Well I for one play for different aspects of the game, Businesses, economy, community, economic wealth? I don't think these things are on iEra. I'm pretty sure the movement system is different as well, as when I tried to play on it on my phone and facebook it felt clunky.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 02-15-2015, 03:35 AM
Tim_Rocks Tim_Rocks is offline
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 1,863
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Koho, you're wrong. I did everything I could and it worked for a while. Players get bored unless there's something new to have or do. In the past all a player wanted was bragging rights. Now everyone cares about their KD which results in endless running. Which isn't fun.

I think allowing players to connect to iEra servers would be a good start.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 01:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright (C) 1998-2019 Toonslab All Rights Reserved.