Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Your opinion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #46  
Old 07-01-2009, 10:27 PM
Nelm Nelm is offline
delterian loyalist
Nelm's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Michigan
Posts: 198
Nelm will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Nelm
Regardless of content and development tools, Graal will never see a sustainable boom in player count until the price drops, IMO.
  #47  
Old 07-01-2009, 10:55 PM
xXziroXx xXziroXx is offline
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx's Avatar
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sweden
Posts: 5,288
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelm View Post
Regardless of content and development tools, Graal will never see a sustainable boom in player count until the price drops, IMO.
More like until it finds a better way of introducing new players to the game, but that's not possible at the moment due to the horrible quality of servers comparing to the gameplay of most other free MMORPG's.
__________________

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
  #48  
Old 07-01-2009, 10:59 PM
Nelm Nelm is offline
delterian loyalist
Nelm's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Michigan
Posts: 198
Nelm will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Nelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
...free MMORPG's.
Something Graal is not and should be. Graal is outdated and to be honest, I highly doubt that even if there were 5 quality servers to choose from that people would be willing to continuously willing to upgrade to play it. I could be wrong, but I just don't see it happening.
  #49  
Old 07-01-2009, 11:32 PM
Hiro Hiro is offline
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,965
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro Send a message via Skype™ to Hiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Ya it does.
how is it going to help if no one is uses them? having updates for 5 percent of the graal population (basically developers) instead of updates for 95 percent of graal's population (actual players) is plain stupid

we need actual content, not stuff to help make making content, theirs enough already - it isn't a problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin View Post
These things are intrinsically linked, fools.
when did i say they weren't? i'm saying it's not needed, further updates for making development isn't going to help if theirs no one left to develop, which is what will happen if the current decline keeps up
  #50  
Old 07-01-2009, 11:54 PM
DustyPorViva DustyPorViva is offline
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 9,589
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro View Post
how is it going to help if no one is uses them? having updates for 5 percent of the graal population (basically developers) instead of updates for 95 percent of graal's population (actual players) is plain stupid

we need actual content, not stuff to help make making content, theirs enough already - it isn't a problem
The fact that just about 99% of Graal is content made by players, it is very important. Not to mention anything developed even by Stefan is going to be using the same tools.
  #51  
Old 07-02-2009, 12:01 AM
xXziroXx xXziroXx is offline
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx's Avatar
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sweden
Posts: 5,288
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelm View Post
Something Graal is not and should be. Graal is outdated and to be honest, I highly doubt that even if there were 5 quality servers to choose from that people would be willing to continuously willing to upgrade to play it. I could be wrong, but I just don't see it happening.
I'm completely against Graal's subscription methods, and believe they should do what most other games seems to do, and use in-game Shop for various vanity items instead. But for that to be possible, there needs to be at least one quality server, something Graal lacks.
__________________

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
  #52  
Old 07-02-2009, 12:54 AM
Hiro Hiro is offline
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,965
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro Send a message via Skype™ to Hiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
The fact that just about 99 of Graal is content made by players, it is very important. Not to mention anything developed even by Stefan is going to be using the same tools.
okay, but that doesn't invalidate my point at all, it still stands that it's going to be useless for most every player, and new development tools aren't going to bring in more players, agreed?

now imagine how excited we'd all be about the updates if stefan was announcing a new server
  #53  
Old 07-02-2009, 01:35 AM
DustyPorViva DustyPorViva is offline
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 9,589
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro View Post
okay, but that doesn't invalidate my point at all, it still stands that it's going to be useless for most every player, and new development tools aren't going to bring in more players, agreed?

now imagine how excited we'd all be about the updates if stefan was announcing a new server
And how will Stefan make these great updates without updated tools?
  #54  
Old 07-02-2009, 02:56 AM
Hiro Hiro is offline
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,965
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro Send a message via Skype™ to Hiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
And how will Stefan make these great updates without updated tools?
how will it be any better than making them right now? are you saying that stefan is incapable of making content because of the outdated tools he's trying to use?
  #55  
Old 07-02-2009, 03:14 AM
DustyPorViva DustyPorViva is offline
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 9,589
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro View Post
how will it be any better than making them right now? are you saying that stefan is incapable of making content because of the outdated tools he's trying to use?
Outdated tools = outdated content. He could make much better content with more updated tools.
  #56  
Old 07-02-2009, 04:43 AM
Hiro Hiro is offline
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,965
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro Send a message via Skype™ to Hiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Outdated tools = outdated content. He could make much better content with more updated tools.
so content built with outdated tools /= fun? or more specifically, old/boring content > new content built with "outdated tools"?

if you're going to argue for better tools, then i guess you must be a huge fan of the success that is graal3d? because that uses such a better system for creation, such more sophistication in development, just about every developer is trying to create things for graal3d right?

i mean seriously, get your priorities straight.
  #57  
Old 07-02-2009, 04:56 AM
xXziroXx xXziroXx is offline
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx's Avatar
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sweden
Posts: 5,288
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro View Post
if you're going to argue for better tools, then i guess you must be a huge fan of the success that is graal3d? because that uses such a better system for creation, such more sophistication in development, just about every developer is trying to create things for graal3d right?
From what I've gathered, a lot of developers (myself included) is against Graal 3D, so I'm not sure what you're basing your opinion over. Graal 3D isn't even actively being worked on, Stefan posted himself that it was more or less an "experiment" on CJ's side.
__________________

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
  #58  
Old 07-02-2009, 04:57 AM
DustyPorViva DustyPorViva is offline
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 9,589
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro View Post
so content built with outdated tools /= fun? or more specifically, old/boring content > new content built with "outdated tools"?

if you're going to argue for better tools, then i guess you must be a huge fan of the success that is graal3d? because that uses such a better system for creation, such more sophistication in development, just about every developer is trying to create things for graal3d right?

i mean seriously, get your priorities straight.
lol, you really are making assumptions here.
  #59  
Old 07-02-2009, 05:04 AM
Hiro Hiro is offline
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,965
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro Send a message via Skype™ to Hiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
From what I've gathered, a lot of developers (myself included) is against Graal 3D, so I'm not sure what you're basing your opinion over. Graal 3D isn't even actively being worked on, Stefan posted himself that it was more or less an "experiment" on CJ's side.
yea, i know, i was being sarcastic because it was an utter failure no matter which way you look at it, but it did happen to use more up to date tools
  #60  
Old 07-02-2009, 06:06 AM
fowlplay4 fowlplay4 is offline
team canada
fowlplay4's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 5,200
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
It'd be sweet if it wasn't just Stefan developing the Graal client and the development tools for it, then just maybe we wouldn't be complaining about things being out of date.
__________________
Quote:
Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 10:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright (C) 1998-2008 Linux cyberjoueurs All Rights Reserved.