Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-10-2010, 10:25 PM
dusk
Donark has a spectacular aura about
Lightbulb Era Support Ticket Lending section

Why don't you just add a section in the Support System so you can send in tickets about a lend before you do it. The staff isn't always there or they don't always want to watch the lends. Staff won't HAVE to look at each ticket, the only time they'd have to look at the ticket is if there is a problem with a lend. They can simply look at the time of when the ticket was sent in and then look at the time of the trade.

Pros

- People would figure that since there's a ticket section for lending, they won't even think to scam since they know there has been a ticket sent in. So most of the time Staff won't even have to look through the tickets/

- Completly stop USDing and CSTing, no one will take the chance to trade something knowing that someone can easily get it back by sending in the ticket before the trade.

-Players will stop complaining about inactive staff, while staff can stay more focused on bigger things than lending and scams.

Cons - Can't seem to think of any. Please let me know if you can.
Old 07-10-2010, 10:55 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Players could easily exploit this and make tickets before every trade they make.

Staff supporting lending is just stupid to begin with though.
Old 07-10-2010, 11:14 PM
dusk
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
Players could easily exploit this and make tickets before every trade they make.

Staff supporting lending is just stupid to begin with though.
Alright, then it will be regulated that the ticket is only in effect if you don't recieve anything near the item's price or anything at all.
Old 07-10-2010, 11:21 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donark View Post
Alright, then it will be regulated that the ticket is only in effect if you don't recieve anything near the item's price or anything at all.
I thought the idea was to reduce the amount of work not increase it.
Old 07-10-2010, 11:23 PM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Quote:
No. It would be much easier and much more foolproof to just script an item lending system.
Old 07-10-2010, 11:46 PM
team canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demisis_P2P View Post
No. It would be much easier and much more foolproof to just script an item lending system.
Which could cause another duping problem.
Old 07-11-2010, 12:02 AM
dusk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demisis_P2P View Post
I've suggested this before and they just told me that making a lending system would be impossible.

This was the answer from sales.

Quote:
No, there's a function that is called when a player logs off, but the player object is read-only, and cannot be editted. The way items are stored prevents us from removing them via script once a player logs off. A lending system will be possible in the future, but not right now.

The only thing I can think of would be to add the item back to the original owner, and then set something to remove it from the person who logged off once they log back on...but that is very sloppy, and I can see it causing problems..
Old 07-11-2010, 12:08 AM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
Which could cause another duping problem.
Not if it's done properly. I'm not sure if Chris still intends to change the way that items are stored after the reset. Or i think it might have been Crow actually that was pushing for an item database instead of clientr. strings.
Old 07-11-2010, 12:23 AM
Kanto League Champion
Quote:
I've suggested this before and they just told me that making a lending system would be impossible.

This was the answer from sales.
Basically, the vision I had was that the original item is never removed from the owner. Instead a new value is added to the item index that can have values of 0, 1 or 2. The borrowing player gets a copy of the item with a value of 2 that can't be dropped, traded etc. The original player's item gets changed to have a value of 1 and can no longer be used; when they try to equip the item it asks if they would like to recall the lent item from the other player.
It would be supported by a database that removes the copy from the other player on login or next loop if the value of the original item is every reverted back to 0 (a normal item).

It gets more complicated when you're dealing with lending more than 1 of the same item, or when you're lending a single item to somebody who already owns one of the same item. But the implementation itself should work properly, in theory.
Old 07-11-2010, 05:33 AM
xChugxLifex
Frankie is a jewel in the roughFrankie is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Frankie Send a message via MSN to Frankie
just don't lend out your items.. simple as that.
Old 07-11-2010, 06:33 AM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
just don't lend out your items.. simple as that.
I like this idea ^

I could easily force reverse anything I lend out but just to make it easier on myself I just simply don't do it. That's not to mention that once I lend one thing to someone, hordes of people will expect that I'll do it for them as well, but that aside: If you don't lend stuff out, you have nothing to worry about.
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·
Old 07-11-2010, 06:39 AM
|Mêrçy|
LordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to all
Another way to deal with this is making scamming legal again
Old 07-11-2010, 06:43 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Scamming is legal irl as long as you're not caught

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 07-11-2010, 09:52 PM
Sinkler is a jewel in the roughSinkler is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Sinkler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulg0reSama View Post
Scamming is legal irl as long as you're not caught
It's not illegal unless you're caught

If you need to get in contact with me, please send an e-mail to: [email protected]

"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that."

-John Stuart Mill
Old 07-11-2010, 09:53 PM
Somewhat rusty
Loriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinkler View Post
your caught
whose caught

what caught