Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Feature request
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-03-2011, 01:59 AM
WaDaFack is an unknown quantity at this point
Why bring back a server? I'd like to see something new for once!

Old 04-03-2011, 09:41 PM
kingcj will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to kingcj
Why Not? Did you ever play Graal2001 in its prime? If not, then it would be new to you and most of the players that play today on other servers. Also, this isn't someone's job, it's a hobby for most people. Dedicated staff are hard to find, especially if they are any good at what they do.

My point to Dusty was this: As it was Graal2001 wouldn't work as a cash shop, but with improvements/more content it could.

Graal2001 was the first to show any potential for a item based economy (which consisted mainly of hats). It contained parts that brought players together for a strong community, such as quests (even though there were very few), working together for money, events, auctions, guilds, and kingdoms. (There might be more... It was awhile ago)

I believe it would be very easy to fix Graal2001 up and place a cash shop in to make money, however, finding Staff to do it would be the hard part. Also why put together this server with all this time that you put into it and gain nothing. The cash shop won't earn the staff that has worked so hard to incorporate their ideas into the server anything. (Atleast to my knowledge. Even if it was just a small amount of money, it would attract people nonetheless)

The server would need a lot of detail work as well. Not just the patchy bomy moon story thing that I never really understood and/or got the whole story. It would need to be unique again. With new ideas and features that go above and beyond anything on Graal at the moment.

Kingdoms was the next step in an item based economy, but it lost players for complexity and boredom. The community weakened when the only thing to do together was fight other players or rank up with other players killing enemies over and over again. (May have been more reasons but these were mine.) I have to admit that I didn't play Kingdoms long, but from my memory it wasn't what I expected after playing Graal2001.

"It is not necessary to change. Survival is not mandatory." - W. Edwards Deming
Old 04-04-2011, 12:53 AM
LOCAL DOUCHEBAG
James is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to James
agree

JAMES BAY PACKERS
2011 FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS
2012 FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS

“If I can slow it down in my mind... things will be fine."

-Aaron Rodgers
2011's NFL Most Valuable Player

Old 04-09-2011, 03:13 PM
Wondering..
emoman is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to emoman Send a message via MSN to emoman
yeah, it's obvious Stefan could care less about classic other than just another way of making a little extra cash
Old 04-10-2011, 06:00 AM
David K?
Devil_Lord2 can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by emoman View Post
yeah, it's obvious Stefan could care less about classic other than just another way of making a little extra cash
I feel the same way, and that way about his players. I use to want ZeroG's server on iPod but now I know it would be a bad idea. I could care less if it reaches Classic Status, because Classic Status is only a small advertisement for an already good server.

You might as well advertise your self and be an awesome Dev server than a horrible Classic server. ^.^
Either way you cannot make any money off it and, as far as I know, are still paying to manage it..

Digital Media Artist - David K? </3 (UnLoved)
www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz