Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Future Improvements
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2009, 07:13 PM
superannuated super mod
Sam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of light
Stefan have definitely read this thread. So if he hold that bigger avatars are okay, he will change it.
It's not a big deal to increase it to 100x100 px but we will see if something happens.
Old 12-03-2009, 07:34 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Would make the Graalians happy.
Old 12-03-2009, 07:40 PM
Somewhat rusty
Loriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabal49 View Post
look at all that empty space created by signatures. It should be filled.
Click image for larger version

Name:	signatures.png
Views:	82
Size:	25.2 KB
ID:	49962

Also consider that not everybody uses that layout:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
It's especially annoying for people using the new layout since it pushes the entire post down.
Old 12-03-2009, 07:40 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
The thing is, just because I'm requesting that the size is increased to the general 100x100 dimensions that most forums use, this does not mean that every single person on the forum is going to use up the whole 100x100 space. All this does is give us more freedom in what we can have as our avatar, because 70x70 can limit you a lot and simply resizing images looks crappy a lot of the time.
Old 12-03-2009, 07:50 PM
Somewhat rusty
Loriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
The thing is, just because I'm requesting that the size is increased to the general 100x100 dimensions that most forums use, this does not mean that every single person on the forum is going to use up the whole 100x100 space.
Of course they are, as soon as they get around to getting a new avatar. People do not come up with a concept for an avatar that takes a specific amount of space, they scale it down in any case and with your proposed change they will just scale it down less.

Quote:
All this does is give us more freedom in what we can have as our avatar, because 70x70 can limit you a lot and simply resizing images looks crappy a lot of the time.
100x100 limits you about as much and you are probably still going to need to resize images.
Old 12-03-2009, 07:53 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriel View Post
Of course they are, as soon as they get around to getting a new avatar. People do not come up with a concept for an avatar that takes a specific amount of space, they scale it down in any case and with your proposed change they will just scale it down less.
On every other forum I visit the members don't all have maxed-out avatars, why would these?

Quote:
100x100 limits you about as much and you are probably still going to need to resize images.
Not quite.
Old 12-03-2009, 07:55 PM
Somewhat rusty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
On every other forum I visit the members don't all have maxed-out avatars, why would these?
On every other forum I visit, they do.

Quote:
Not quite.
But it is quite misleading to claim that changing the size limit by a couple thousand pixels will allow people to throw off the shackles of resizing images.
Old 12-03-2009, 08:08 PM
Quote:
On every other forum I visit, they do.
I guess we visit different styles of communities then! Just checked SA though, and everything seems bigger on there in general

Quote:
But it is quite misleading to claim that changing the size limit by a couple thousand pixels will allow people to throw off the shackles of resizing images.
You're right, I should have said "simply resizing 100x100 avatars looks crappy a lot of the time." I figured this would have been the counter argument/suggestion. The increase would reduce limitations though.
Old 12-03-2009, 11:38 PM
how's it going eh?
jorollychu is a glorious beacon of lightjorollychu is a glorious beacon of lightjorollychu is a glorious beacon of light
i'd usually support this but there's way too many creepers with furry avatars and lame anime and i dont want to look at that
03-15-2012 05:49 PM Good riddance. All you do is whine. Hopefully when you are gone you'll man up - Supernanny
Old 12-03-2009, 11:43 PM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
I would be all against this request, but since apparently Darlene does not approve, I am going to have to support it!!
My stance on it is, I see nothing wrong with the way it is. Every avatar I have seen looks just fine and is plenty large enough to see, and make out what it is.
It does not matter to me one way or the other if it is done. Apparently it is something Stefan does not wish to do right now, if at all. I am sure he has seen this thread, or one of the ones like this before.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 12-03-2009, 11:55 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene159 View Post
My stance on it is, I see nothing wrong with the way it is. Every avatar I have seen looks just fine and is plenty large enough to see, and make out what it is.
That's probably because most of us don't like resizing. So we adapt to the whole thing and choose smaller avatars instead.
Old 12-03-2009, 11:58 PM
Somewhat rusty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
That's probably because most of us don't like resizing.
I do not like resizing either, but if everybody else uses 100x100 avatars, I am going to have to resize my avatar too or it will be the smallest
Old 12-04-2009, 12:06 AM
Empress Door the Unhinged
Door is a splendid one to beholdDoor is a splendid one to beholdDoor is a splendid one to beholdDoor is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
I do not like resizing either, but if everybody else uses 100x100 avatars, I am going to have to resize my avatar too or it will be the smallest
Compensation via avatar
Old 12-04-2009, 02:07 AM
Banned
WhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Door View Post
Compensation via avatar
Yeah... Door is probably going to be running a 10x10.
Old 12-04-2009, 07:37 AM
Shamed Zorbi
CABAL49 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to CABAL49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene159 View Post
What looks better?

Remember my Deadpool avatar? Probably not cause you couldn't tell what it was. Also want animated avatars.
What logical reason is there to implement your view of right/wrong?