Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Should we force battle mode for one week to see how it goes?
Yes, force battle mode. 20 48.78%
No, remain the same. 21 51.22%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-17-2012, 04:37 AM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Forced Battle Mode?

It has been proposed to me that we should make GK all battle mode for a week and see how it goes. At the end of the week, perhaps we could take a vote on making this a permanent change or not.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 11-17-2012, 04:41 AM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigairius View Post
It has been proposed to me that we should make GK all battle mode for a week and see how it goes. At the end of the week, perhaps we could take a vote on making this a permanent change or not.
Or, instead of a permanent change there could be designated bmode only days of the week (ie. Saturday).
Old 11-17-2012, 04:41 AM
Tick
ssw22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Jesus christ can you imagine how horrifying that would be without level restrictions
Old 11-17-2012, 04:47 AM
Graphics Artist
LightDamage will become famous soon enough
No I know how people are, which means they only going to lame the noobs. Which leads to playercount lose. It's better of how it is right now but yeh I might be better to put a bell for each kingdom on the main island so we don't have to travle big time to our kingdom island to ring the bell. Also make Kingdomless people able to go bmode, it's their choice to go all alone in bmode.
Old 11-17-2012, 05:04 AM
GraalOnline Zone Manager
Tashkin is a jewel in the roughTashkin is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Tashkin
Sadly, I have to agree with LightDamage. Forcing bmode even for a week will cause many players to complain. New players that get lamed by higher level players are just going to log off and not return. Players trying to level will have to worry about other players interrupting them. For a community that we are trying to make bigger this will only be a step backwards. I think the way it is now is fine. Players have to choose to go bmode and then deal with the issues stated about and that is simply on them.
Old 11-17-2012, 05:09 AM
xGraalianx is on a distinguished road
Bring back the Main Island bmode bell that used to be near Hirathia!Make it so you can only switch back once every 24 hours or once every week!
Old 11-17-2012, 05:13 AM
xGraalianx is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightDamage View Post
No I know how people are, which means they only going to lame the noobs. Which leads to playercount lose. It's better of how it is right now but yeh I might be better to put a bell for each kingdom on the main island so we don't have to travle big time to our kingdom island to ring the bell. Also make Kingdomless people able to go bmode, it's their choice to go all alone in bmode.
There used to be bells for each kingdom on Main Island,also before there was bells for each kingdom,there was 1 bell that everyone could hit and I believe it was somewhere to the left of Hirathia.
Old 11-17-2012, 05:19 AM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
I'd have to say no to this also, it's just going to be laming the low level and defenseless people, bad idea.
But hey, I'm all for easier battlemode switch, but 24 hours/week is a bit much, you could just do an hour before switching modes.
Old 11-17-2012, 05:38 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
You should make bmode fun (was it ever?) so players will actually want to be in it and get rid of the bell system and just make it a toggle (with restrictions so you can't flip flop at will) you can use in safe zones.
Old 11-17-2012, 06:06 AM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
Just make it after level 45 you get toggled into bmode or if you're under 45 and you're above level 20 and outside trade for more 30 seconds you get toggled into bmode. If lower level players dont want to get pk'd they can just continue what thy are currently doing and idle in trade all day. I don't see why anyone would complain if all you scrubs do is idle all day anyways.
Old 11-17-2012, 07:22 AM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
Level 45 is nothing, considering everyone just does agility or mental levels to get 107 instantly.
Old 11-17-2012, 10:32 AM
iphone era sad litle mads
Felix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Felix_Xenophobe
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrimps View Post
Level 45 is nothing, considering everyone just does agility or mental levels to get 107 instantly.
agility is fixed. mental takes tons of money. if you have the funds to get 107 mental you should have the funds to equip yourself for combat.

I'm all for forced bmode HOWEVER the item and plat drops on death need to be removed in that case. Maybe make fingers drop instead? Or some sort of trophy.

Knowing that a lot of people are already 107 phys I think the forced bmode level should be 54 or more. At 107 phys you can bile anyone who is lvl 53 or lower and that **** would just be lame.

This would be a great step in the right direction. Make gk fun again
Originally Posted by Tashkin
I have done 10x the amount any previous EA has done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 View Post
What you need is Zone Police again.
Old 11-17-2012, 10:36 AM
GraalOnline Zone Manager
Tashkin is a jewel in the roughTashkin is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Tashkin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix_Xenophobe View Post
This would be a great step in the right direction. Make gk fun again
This would be fun for players like ourselves... true. GK as a whole it would be a step backward. I am not going to type it all again... but read my post above.
Old 11-17-2012, 10:47 AM
iphone era sad litle mads
Felix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Felix_Xenophobe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tashkin View Post
This would be fun for players like ourselves... true. GK as a whole it would be a step backward. I am not going to type it all again... but read my post above.
I read your post and I disagree.

If you remove the plat and item death penalty people won't actually quit because they died 8 times trying to get back to a safe zone.

Now why should you join a kingdom? Here's a reason: protection.
There are 2 big kingdoms at the moment and both are doing their best to recruit new players and make them stay in the kingdom. Why should they stay true to their kingdom? Forced bmode. New guy in my army trying to get stronger and some pissy dustari kid is trying to stop him from BUILDING MUSCLE? Bro it's time to rumble I'm going to send this dustari kid running back to his human posse. Fish people rock. Fish people help new bros.

Forced bmode makes people interact with each other. That's what we should strive for if we want a bigger and healthier community.
Originally Posted by Tashkin
I have done 10x the amount any previous EA has done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 View Post
What you need is Zone Police again.
Old 11-17-2012, 11:13 AM
rawr
Vartas has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix_Xenophobe View Post
I read your post and I disagree.

If you remove the plat and item death penalty people won't actually quit because they died 8 times trying to get back to a safe zone.

Now why should you join a kingdom? Here's a reason: protection.
There are 2 big kingdoms at the moment and both are doing their best to recruit new players and make them stay in the kingdom. Why should they stay true to their kingdom? Forced bmode. New guy in my army trying to get stronger and some pissy dustari kid is trying to stop him from BUILDING MUSCLE? Bro it's time to rumble I'm going to send this dustari kid running back to his human posse. Fish people rock. Fish people help new bros.

Forced bmode makes people interact with each other. That's what we should strive for if we want a bigger and healthier community.

People usually join a Kingdom not always to protect themselves, this b-mode system wont change alot. Probally bring some newbies to kingdoms.

People wont quit? ye sure if they get harrased, what I mean is that for example u dont drop anything on era while u die but some "rich" people just kill these newbies for free frags.
On GK its gonna be the same.