Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2013, 11:57 PM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
You can't even give positive reps.
How come he can't give positive reps? I give them all the time? :O
Old 04-20-2013, 12:09 AM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
AGT

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrimps View Post
How come he can't give positive reps? I give them all the time? :O
You can't give positive reps if you have negative rep.

Quote:
You can't even give positive reps.
It's the thought that counts!
Old 04-20-2013, 12:17 AM
Don't Go Mister!
OasaTor_PK is a jewel in the roughOasaTor_PK is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to OasaTor_PK
About time.

You know my opinion on you and this has taken far to long.

Good luck in your future endeavors as your skills and passion for what you do are far more suited for a real project and not Graal.
Old 04-21-2013, 05:42 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
It's a shame to see so much of your work go unfinished since I know how much time and effort you put in to your various projects, but also glad to see you're moving on. Hope you'll keep in touch, Tig .

Quote:
+1. Horrible decision.
Old 04-22-2013, 06:55 PM
Bell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud of
Thank you Tig for your years of service. I'm quite certain you will do well in life. I know its tough to leave your 'babies' behind but I'm certain its finally necessary. I may actually miss some of our battles .

Now to address a couple other issues. Gabriel is the only logical choice at this time. He's experienced, trusted (a major issue) and it would be reckless to put in a PWA admin with no current experience. I am unable to even do support at this time so although they've all been kind enough to give me a leave of absence and hope I can come back soon, that doesn't appear to be happening within the next month. Gabriel has assured me though that when I can return I will be welcomed. If he needs my advice he knows how to contact me.

While its great when we have a PWA with scripting knowledge its really not necessary. Since hosted inspections are rare they can always ask Stefan to check out the scripting when the time comes. Gameplay is more important, if the gameplay sucks, I don't care how good the scripting is. Its not going on hosted.

Its far more important that a PWA can handle the routine support issues such as account help, ban appeals, server renames and claims of harrasment. Nobody seemed to give a whit that I couldn't script for the last however many years its been. You pick stuff up anyway that are common issues anyway. It has never really been the responsibility of the PWA to fix broken scripts.

Now stop bickering and don't derail Tig's thread <3
Old 04-22-2013, 07:27 PM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell View Post
Gabriel is the only logical choice at this time. He's experienced, trusted (a major issue) and it would be reckless to put in a PWA admin with no current experience.
I only have one question, and maybe I'm asking the wrong person. Why hasn't there been an attempt to hire on other PWA members? Seems a little odd to me and maybe that's a question for Tig.
Old 04-22-2013, 09:01 PM
Still wasting time here?
Scoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Scoper
Quote:
Gabriel is the only logical choice at this time. He's experienced, trusted (a major issue).
You're right in saying it's a major issue, but wrong in saying that he's trusted. If you obtained the objective opinion of pretty much any staff ever (many of whom have openly spoken in posts prior to this one) you would see this clearly.

Quote:
and it would be reckless to put in a PWA admin with no current experience.
True, but you guys have kept such a tight reign on hiring that we really don't have a choice now.
Why has this happened? What happens now if Gabriel has some life emergency where he's unreachable for long periods of time? There is now nobody else.
gg

Quote:
Now stop bickering and don't derail Tig's thread <3
Again, I would like to point out the multiple people speaking their minds. While I agree that Tig's goodbye thread may not have been the best place to do so, the other times we have raised complaints they've just been Darlene'd away

"I don't believe that right choice confers immunity. I no longer believe in reward. I simply believe that choices must be made regardless of their chances of success. And so I've come here."
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodykiller View Post
take my liver but not my classic accounts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohola_KinG View Post
That's the type of guy you are. Never wrong, always right. Headache material you are.
Old 04-22-2013, 09:25 PM
a true gentlemen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoper View Post
What happens now if Gabriel has some life emergency where he's unreachable for long periods of time? There is now nobody else.
The logical decision we can make here is to assume this already applies.
Old 04-23-2013, 02:18 AM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
Quote:
You're right in saying it's a major issue, but wrong in saying that he's trusted. If you obtained the objective opinion of pretty much any staff ever (many of whom have openly spoken in posts prior to this one) you would see this clearly.

True, but you guys have kept such a tight reign on hiring that we really don't have a choice now.
Why has this happened? What happens now if Gabriel has some life emergency where he's unreachable for long periods of time? There is now nobody else.
gg

Again, I would like to point out the multiple people speaking their minds. While I agree that Tig's goodbye thread may not have been the best place to do so, the other times we have raised complaints they've just been Darlene'd away
That wouldn't be an opjective opinion...it would be subjective

Old 04-23-2013, 03:43 AM
Still wasting time here?
Scoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elk View Post
That wouldn't be an opjective opinion...it would be subjective
Yeah I guess any opinion of everyone ever has been subjective? You're 100% right man, my b.

I meant to imply if everyone could speak their mind without fear of repercussions

"I don't believe that right choice confers immunity. I no longer believe in reward. I simply believe that choices must be made regardless of their chances of success. And so I've come here."
Quote:
Quote:
That's the type of guy you are. Never wrong, always right. Headache material you are.
Old 04-23-2013, 10:34 AM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
Quote:
Yeah I guess any opinion of everyone ever has been subjective? You're 100% right man, my b.

I meant to imply if everyone could speak their mind without fear of repercussions
They can...this is the internet, nobody stops you...freedom of speech, as long as it doesnt violate any rules or hurt anyone directly...

A pure objective opinion can be barely stated... many people didn't involve the lot of factors that were missing that time

Old 04-23-2013, 03:26 PM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
Why has this happened?
Two applicants were submitted for approval to the PWA over the last two years - they are stuck in limbo waiting for Stefan's approval.
Old 04-23-2013, 05:19 PM
Ignorance has no future
Unkownsoldier is on a distinguished road
Ol' West was a really cool server (in the making), I hope to see it come back.
Old 04-23-2013, 07:21 PM
Still wasting time here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Two applicants were submitted for approval to the PWA over the last two years - they are stuck in limbo waiting for Stefan's approval.
I (along with everyone else) don't really believe that.
If he can log onto servers, fix problems, and be active on the forums, he can type 'ok'

Editpants: even if this were true, then all it would accomplish is a shift in blame from people to stefan for one of the above listed issues.

Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Scoper; 04-23-2013 at 08:09 PM..
Old 04-23-2013, 07:28 PM
Sr Marketing Strategist
not if its not official