Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-18-2015, 02:45 AM
Banned
Godzilla has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lime_O_Matic View Post
My ideas to try and increase raiding
1) Small Custom Gangs, no fee to add or delete a gang, members 5-10 people. Count Gang points as a team forever, weekly, and daily. Give people leaderboards, they want to see how they rank. No point deduction for kicking people, you'll constantly be adding/removing people in this system.
2.Decrease the amount of health you spawn with after death.
3. Increase the amount you heal in a bed (At base) if your gang holds the base. Times 3 or 4 the amount.
4. Everyone always raids at one base. No reason to have more than 1
5. The /weaponkills command needs to become a leaderboard like Zone used to have. Players competing to be #1, top 10, or top 20 with certain guns will make everyone be raiding more.
1) Just reverting back to hard limits of 8 with gang applications
2) simple script change
3) simple script change
4) delete the rotation script
5) useless
Old 02-18-2015, 03:22 AM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
1) Just reverting back to hard limits of 8 with gang applications
2) simple script change
3) simple script change
4) delete the rotation script
5) useless
How do you plan to find those scripts? There's only a select few who can even quickly identify those scripts.
Old 02-18-2015, 04:30 AM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Rocks View Post
How do you plan to find those scripts? There's only a select few who can even quickly identify those scripts.
I don't plan to find them, I don't plan to play the game any time soon, I doubt when I do the select few of my buddies who could have helped with "quickly identifying" those scripts will be playing either.

I agree though, it's always good to have a face behind something, someone to answer questions and that can be held responsible for the well-being for a certain part of the server.

When you have no "Gang Admin" the server just looks terrible as a whole, it shows that either; no one is capable of doing the job successfully or; the team is too stubborn to let someone take control, which leads to what? the putridness we have been left with over the last two months.
Old 02-18-2015, 05:31 AM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Rocks View Post
I'll do it, but I need to discuss it with the Gang Admin first.
Old 02-20-2015, 02:39 AM
Reddy548 is on a distinguished road
Someone removed the inside base spawn, guess what? noone in bases since it got removed (4 days or so)
Old 02-20-2015, 03:14 AM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
There was raids earlier today what are you talking about? It stillwarps you next to the base.
Old 02-20-2015, 03:21 PM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
My point of view... I see Era PC as more of a Counter Strike game that got abandoned a third of the way through.

My suggestion? Either go back to basics or progress with the CS aspect.

Basics? 1 Gang Base. All health equal. A standard speed which isn't too fast (0.6) can be increased if you go to gym (0.7) and if you run for 20 minutes you get a months worth of speed boost. Hide deaths - they're not needed. Who gives a crap?
Have fun auctions, release rare guns that can only be obtained by auctions or killing in gang bases. If you kill 10000 players inside a base, you can get this gun which costs $30,000

The CS aspect would be fun- as suggested create parties. Then have those parties be able to set up events between other gangs (i.e. gang A challenges gang B to Capture The Flag) which isn't required by a gang admin. Same principle as above- kill 10000 players inside Capture The Flag and get this gun for $30, 000.

Either suggestion - add achievements. Even silly ones (When a girl kills 10 girls she will say "I'm prettier than you."). Add a pk scoreboard with a reward each day, even if the top 10% get 100g, it's better than nothing.
Look at the tenure - clearly people are not liking the current state.
Old 02-20-2015, 03:44 PM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
I agree with Andy, just highlight all> right click > delete
Old 02-21-2015, 01:41 AM
Stay Frosty
WillaWonka will become famous soon enough
Era has Eras.... Each year is a decade, after 140 years the country has gone to ****., but then the year from 140-150 was more like 140000000000-150000000000 years long, the world geography shifted into multiple islands and now its like a new generation flashy quick money type of game like 99% of games these days. They only last a few months before everyone acquires everything and its done and done with.
Old 02-21-2015, 07:13 PM
xChugxLifex
Frankie is a jewel in the roughFrankie is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Frankie Send a message via MSN to Frankie
I believe it's time for management to start taking some risks and introduce completely new methods of game play. trying to improve era in it's current state is the epitome of beating a dead horse. era needs a major change if there's any hope left of sparking some life into the server. I don't understand why managers are so blind to this while they continue to try so hard to push content that nobody really cares that much about. is it the lack of approval from pwa's? there has to be some reason. let go of the past and start thinking outside of the box; keep an open mind about new things and go forward from there.

I really think era needs to adapt more of an arcade style of game play and cut out all of the bs that stands between a player logging on and jumping into the action. the only thing I have to my name on era is an mp40 with no ammo. I have no incentive to play because I don't feel like wasting my time with tedious methods of making money to afford ammo or new items. it's not 2005 anymore and the economy does nothing but weigh the server down. I'm sure people will disagree, but that's just my personal opinion.

gangs need to be completely re-imagined. personally I think the current gang system as a whole is way overdone. I wouldn't mind seeing a shift to a party based system (which is essentially just a small scale version of gangs with less people but more gangs) this could tie in with andy's idea to give parties the ability to set up a variety of events against each other to compete. this would be perfect because you could set up 3v3, 4v4, 5v5, etc. you don't have to have a large number of players online to participate, but you could make it a larger scale battle if the numbers are present during peak times. it would even be cool to have a random que where if at least 6 players que up, the system randomizes teams and puts them in an event. this way during off hours or for players who aren't in a party can still participate in some way. there is no way that wouldn't be fun. open world raids that require gangs to run around the gmap to conquer bases is a dead game mechanic that people don't seem to have interest in anymore.

set up a leader board that ranks all parties as a whole, then in each event category. have position round weekends where the first place party faces second place, third place and fourth place, etc. host a playoff series once a month where the top x teams battle for the ultimate championship title. you can't do these kind of things with three large gangs. there are plenty of possibilities to make it fun and exciting.

Last edited by Frankie; 02-21-2015 at 07:36 PM..
Old 02-21-2015, 10:30 PM
Banned
log on > get a gun load out > pk for better load outs > people who have won special events e.g iron man get an "iron man loadout" > keep hosting events for new load outs that consist of new guns > keep everything else how it is
Old 02-21-2015, 10:58 PM
Fiberwyre_P2P will become famous soon enough
Quote:
log on > get a gun load out > pk for better load outs > people who have won special events e.g iron man get an "iron man loadout" > keep hosting events for new load outs that consist of new guns > keep everything else how it is
What would a loadout consist of?
More than one gun?
Would they be customizable?
How granular can they get?
If you have loadouts that consist of two guns, and your favorite gun is part of one loadout but you don't like the other gun that comes with it, are you just out of luck?

What problem do loadouts solve versus just single guns?
Old 02-22-2015, 02:52 AM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiberwyre_P2P View Post
What would a loadout consist of?
More than one gun?
Would they be customizable?
How granular can they get?
If you have loadouts that consist of two guns, and your favorite gun is part of one loadout but you don't like the other gun that comes with it, are you just out of luck?

What problem do loadouts solve versus just single guns?
All guns deleted, select a load-out, customizable loadouts etc with more gang points/kills

its all been talked about before, I mentioned this months ago but my idea on rising the economy just wasn't executed how it was supposed to be, in return its lead to what we have now, boring gameplay.

This is why I don't bother to give ideas away, they're used but executed poorly.
Old 02-22-2015, 05:44 AM
Global Administration
MysticalDragon is just really niceMysticalDragon is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to MysticalDragon Send a message via MSN to MysticalDragon
Quote:
All guns deleted, select a load-out, customizable loadouts etc with more gang points/kills

its all been talked about before, I mentioned this months ago but my idea on rising the economy just wasn't executed how it was supposed to be, in return its lead to what we have now, boring gameplay.

This is why I don't bother to give ideas away, they're used but executed poorly.
Godzilla no disrespect but era has never used any of your ideas. Step off this high horse of yours and face reality. Most of your ideas are biased and not fully thought out. Fully think out your ideas before you dish them out. I personally think that idea would kill era, your taking out 80% of the players ability to use what they want. This wouldn't help era nor solve any of eras current issues.
http://support.toonslab.com
[email protected]

Last edited by MysticalDragon; 02-22-2015 at 07:53 AM..
Old 02-22-2015, 09:41 AM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticalDragon View Post
Godzilla no disrespect but era has never used any of your ideas. Step off this high horse of yours and face reality. Most of your ideas are biased and not fully thought out. Fully think out your ideas before you dish them out. I personally think that idea would kill era, your taking out 80% of the players ability to use what they want. This wouldn't help era nor solve any of eras current issues.
says the guy who made me PRA and allowed me to do what I pleased because he completely trusted my judgement

90% of Eras most recent updates were all my ideas

I mentioned them to the people in charge, my close buddies at the time on skype/vent/mumble

but its okay, ill sit on my pony while you keep riding the dragon