Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Your opinion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #91  
Old 11-20-2008, 04:35 PM
Vima Vima is offline
Registered User
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 542
Vima is an unknown quantity at this point
but I don't get some people who say:
"We all developers should work on the same server, instead of working alone."

AEON is probably the only UC server that's close of submitting a classic inspection ticket.
It will most likely be approved and get to classic tab.
But yet, after the hirings thread. We have gotten no more staff. We have a timetable that we'll finish everything and submit a ticket in the beginning(jan-feb) of next year.
But to be able to do that, or even do it faster. We need staff!

I'm just so god damn tired of the people who complain that no one works together, that everyone is working on their own projects, when they are as much stubborn as them.
Look around you, it's not only AEON who needs help.
There are a few other servers out there who is close of getting completed.
__________________
*aka SwedishKing*
  #92  
Old 11-20-2008, 04:43 PM
Crono Crono is offline
:pluffy:
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sweden
Posts: 19,993
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Crono
One of the biggest reasons why development is not the same as it used to be post-"BUYUROWNSERVER" is just that, the fact that people can buy their own servers. This spreads out all developmental workforce and has had a negative effect on our community. Think about it, back then people wanted to develop on their home servers. Now what happens? People go off, start their own fail-projects and get their friends in on it.

Instead of improving their development on their home servers and contributing to them, they instead break off and do their own little thing. You may think that its only a few people that are like this, but you'd be surprised.

Can't get hired on your home server? No problem, start your own rip off!
__________________
  #93  
Old 11-20-2008, 05:22 PM
Yocas Yocas is offline
Lucas
Yocas's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Lithonia, Georgia
Posts: 375
Yocas is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Yocas Send a message via MSN to Yocas Send a message via Yahoo to Yocas
That and people think their ideas are better than anyone elses.

"k guyz we gon make a modurn age servir wit gangz n gunz kk?"
"isn't Era already on top of that?"
"no we gon make it bett3r."

Seriously, have you seen some of these developing servers? Some of these servers make Classic look like Graal Kingdoms. Majority of these servers have NO creativitiy or imagination. Why is it that almost 80 percent of the servers end in "ia"? Vesporia, Stupia, Retardia, Thisisgettingrepetitivia. It's ridiculous how they have random 14 year old kids running entire servers, which is bound to fail within a week, and having them waste more space on the RC server list. But hey, what ever gets money in Graal 's pockets, AMIRITE?

Also, quick question. When signing up to create a server, what are the requirements? Do they have to send in a list of people who are going to work on the server? Do they have to send in an essay for the description of their server? Or do they just send in the money and they automatically get it?
__________________
"Acting is all about honesty. If you can fake that, you've got it made.."
  #94  
Old 11-20-2008, 09:59 PM
Ziro_of_the_Turks Ziro_of_the_Turks is offline
Registered User
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 887
Ziro_of_the_Turks will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yocas View Post
Or do they just send in the money and they automatically get it?
This.
And I've thought this seems like a flawed system (aside from generating money easily), but just can't put my finger on "why".
  #95  
Old 11-20-2008, 11:36 PM
Inverness Inverness is offline
Incubator
Inverness's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 3,613
Inverness is a jewel in the roughInverness is a jewel in the rough
Aeon could have gone classic years ago if they hadn't decided to try to make 4 playerworlds at once.
__________________
  #96  
Old 11-20-2008, 11:46 PM
Nataxo Nataxo is offline
Cake'd
Join Date: May 2008
Location: México
Posts: 2,313
Nataxo is a glorious beacon of lightNataxo is a glorious beacon of lightNataxo is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yocas View Post
. Why is it that almost 80 percent of the servers end in "ia"? Vesporia, Stupia, Retardia, Thisisgettingrepetitivia.
LOL!!!!! irl xD


Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverness View Post
Aeon could have gone classic years ago if they hadn't decided to try to make 4 playerworlds at once.
yaahhhh, the other day i visisted AEON and it was amazing, the only thing it needs is PLAYERS.
  #97  
Old 11-21-2008, 12:06 AM
kia345 kia345 is offline
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: delteria
Posts: 6,737
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yocas View Post
Majority of these servers have NO creativitiy or imagination. Why is it that almost 80 percent of the servers end in "ia"? Vesporia, Stupia, Retardia, Thisisgettingrepetitivia.
Russia, Persia, Liberia, Latvia, India, Australia, Austria, Nigeria, Lucia, Tunisia...WOW THEY'RE SO UNORIGINAL

And what does naming really have to do with creativity? All the -ia severs that come to my mind are unique.
__________________
pojo
  #98  
Old 11-21-2008, 01:45 AM
GarethOmni GarethOmni is offline
Constant thinker
GarethOmni's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Bellingham, WA
Posts: 198
GarethOmni is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to GarethOmni Send a message via Skype™ to GarethOmni
Graal is dying for the same reason that your local pre-school doesn't teach algebra.
__________________

"The internet is awesome, It lets me joke about and do things that I would never really do in reality"
  #99  
Old 11-21-2008, 02:39 AM
Ziro_of_the_Turks Ziro_of_the_Turks is offline
Registered User
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 887
Ziro_of_the_Turks will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
Russia, Persia, Liberia, Latvia, India, Australia, Austria, Nigeria, Lucia, Tunisia...WOW THEY'RE SO UNORIGINAL
Many nations throughout history are also known to have been against any people not of their own kind, or specifically targeting certain groups of people.
Think of all the wars and acts of genocide.

But if you think Graal creativity has to be restricted to the way of the political world... then by all means, wage war against RPGWO. Conquer them for rights to their IP. And get Zero to finish that clone he was working on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarethOmni View Post
Graal is dying for the same reason that your local pre-school doesn't teach algebra.
Haha. You mean the same way pre-school kids can't begin to comprehend an advanced subject (apparently not due to lack of intelligence, but rather because they lack all the other basic knowledge required), Graal players are unable to afford paying for Graal because they're too young to have $50 (or whatever Graal costs now) AND a way to pay (credit card). I guess Googi's p2p-for-kids guide wasn't good enough to draw in enough people. I know I woulda made use of it back in 2001 had it existed.
  #100  
Old 11-21-2008, 03:28 AM
Yocas Yocas is offline
Lucas
Yocas's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Lithonia, Georgia
Posts: 375
Yocas is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Yocas Send a message via MSN to Yocas Send a message via Yahoo to Yocas
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
Russia, Persia, Liberia, Latvia, India, Australia, Austria, Nigeria, Lucia, Tunisia...WOW THEY'RE SO UNORIGINAL

And what does naming really have to do with creativity? All the -ia severs that come to my mind are unique.
Dude, I'm talking about a video game. Why must you try to relate everything I say to the real world? And yes, the name the game does indeed reflect how unique it will be. Seriously, if you can't get pass making up a name without using "ia" then you really have no imagination. I can give you some proof right now; look on the developing server list and check out any server with the ending "ia". I'm willing to bet majority of them will suck. Not counting Maloria seeing that that's long gone and dead.


i'm pretty sure this guy will look through every server just to try to prove me wrong /sigh
__________________
"Acting is all about honesty. If you can fake that, you've got it made.."
  #101  
Old 11-21-2008, 05:35 AM
cbk1994 cbk1994 is offline
the fake one
cbk1994's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 10,718
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yocas View Post
Dude, I'm talking about a video game. Why must you try to relate everything I say to the real world? And yes, the name the game does indeed reflect how unique it will be. Seriously, if you can't get pass making up a name without using "ia" then you really have no imagination. I can give you some proof right now; look on the developing server list and check out any server with the ending "ia". I'm willing to bet majority of them will suck. Not counting Maloria seeing that that's long gone and dead.
What's wrong with names ending in "ia"?

The name of "Vesporia" would make a lot more sense if you knew the story behind it, I suppose.
__________________
  #102  
Old 11-21-2008, 05:41 AM
kia345 kia345 is offline
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: delteria
Posts: 6,737
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yocas View Post
i'm pretty sure this guy will look through every server just to try to prove me wrong /sigh
And I'm willing to bet your argument sucks. TONS of real world places end in -ia, why can't several servers?

I think you only pointed it out because "HEY IT'LL MAKE ME LOOK EDGY AND IN THE KNOW BECAUSE I'M COMPLAINING", and now you don't have the common sense to defend it.

They end in -ia because that's a common thing in real life. Mining is on a bunch of servers why? Not because it was on Server A so Server B decided to use it, but because mining is also how we collect ores in real life. Wow, Era has cars? CLEARLY THEY RIPPED IT OFF FROM GK'S KARTS, CLEARLY! No, we have cars in real life. You know what else we have in real life? Places ending in -ia.

I don't need to prove you wrong, I need to prove you're stupid, which you can quite successfully do on your own.

I'm just going to bring up some -ia servers off the top of my head:

Delteria. Wow, here's a shocker. I can't think of any server quite like the older Delt, aside from 'classic', and the dev server I've seen sets it apart from every server I can imagine. Let's see if all the other -ia servers are like this!

Valikorlia. RP server. BUT WAIT SO IS EVERY OTHER -ia SERVER, RIGHT?

Maloria. Kinda like Zodiac only not a blatant rip off. According to you, so is Val and Delt, right?

Vesporia. Isn't this a shooting server? Like all the aforementioned servers?

Crystia. Probably a cute Zodiac rip off, but no one knows.

Wow sir, I didn't even use the serverlist for that.You probably only said that to keep me from pointing out how you were wrong because you realized how stupid you were.

So Blowcus, you tell me, how are they all the same aside from name? Because, you know, name is everything, Russia is just a rip off of Australia.

If anything, I should be ending my post in /sigh, /sigh'ing about how pitiful you are and how I feel the internet getting worse just by considering what was going through your mind while reading your own post.
__________________
pojo

Last edited by kia345; 11-21-2008 at 05:58 AM..
  #103  
Old 11-21-2008, 06:09 AM
Understood Understood is offline
Registered User
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 120
Understood is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
Relax, dude. You guys could argue over nothing forever.

also, -ia is a common suffix, and it's "overused" everywhere...but I think Yocas was more referring to server originality in general with his original post, and was just using the names as an example.
  #104  
Old 11-21-2008, 09:59 AM
xXziroXx xXziroXx is offline
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx's Avatar
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sweden
Posts: 5,288
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yocas View Post
Not counting Maloria seeing that that's long gone and dead.
Since I took over management things have been going very well for us development wise, and we're planning on being back in business in not too long.

http://www.maloria.com/showthread.php?t=8326
__________________

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
  #105  
Old 11-21-2008, 10:03 AM
Crono Crono is offline
:pluffy:
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sweden
Posts: 19,993
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Crono
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
we're planning on being back in business in not too long.
With Maloria's history in mind, this will happen the moment Zodiac either changes it's system or dies.
__________________
Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 02:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright (C) 1998-2008 Linux cyberjoueurs All Rights Reserved.