Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Your opinion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #166  
Old 11-24-2008, 11:47 PM
LoneAngelIbesu LoneAngelIbesu is offline
master of infinite loops
LoneAngelIbesu's Avatar
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Toldeo, Ohio
Posts: 1,049
LoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura aboutLoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to LoneAngelIbesu
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
It sounds like you guys give in to players way too easily(and by you guys, I mean whoever keeps letting the playerbase decide how the server ends up).
All in an effort to not be called "Clash", I guess. It's odd, really, because we constantly tell the players, "Valikorlia isn't a democracy".
__________________
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."
— Oscar Wilde, Lady Windermere's Fan
  #167  
Old 11-25-2008, 02:57 AM
eagle4 eagle4 is offline
Registered User
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 43
eagle4 is an unknown quantity at this point
NEVER blame the players for the server's faults -- that's what Jenn did when Era's playercount sunk to 10 average. But suddenly when managers changed, Era revived to a hefty 70-80 players. So there must be something wrong with the server.
  #168  
Old 11-25-2008, 10:02 AM
[email protected] sid.gottlieb@googlemail.com is offline
Banned
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 861
sid.gottlieb@googlemail.com will become famous soon enough
From my point of view, it depends on the updates. Whilst a staff is active you'll get more players.
  #169  
Old 11-25-2008, 10:29 AM
grim_squeaker_x grim_squeaker_x is offline
Retired Oldbie
grim_squeaker_x's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 3,084
grim_squeaker_x is on a distinguished road
Yeah, Graal Classic update 2004, anyone recalling? lol

I know, I know, it was a forced update and they had to do it. But what the staff chose to do afterwards made the playercount sink into the rest of the playerworlds.
__________________

  #170  
Old 11-25-2008, 09:54 PM
LoneAngelIbesu LoneAngelIbesu is offline
master of infinite loops
LoneAngelIbesu's Avatar
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Toldeo, Ohio
Posts: 1,049
LoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura aboutLoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to LoneAngelIbesu
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle4 View Post
NEVER blame the players for the server's faults -- that's what Jenn did when Era's playercount sunk to 10 average. But suddenly when managers changed, Era revived to a hefty 70-80 players. So there must be something wrong with the server.
Era is not Valikorlia.
__________________
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."
— Oscar Wilde, Lady Windermere's Fan
  #171  
Old 11-25-2008, 10:00 PM
Codein Codein is offline
jwd
Codein's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Greater Manchester
Posts: 2,423
Codein has a spectacular aura aboutCodein has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Codein Send a message via MSN to Codein
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneAngelIbesu View Post
Era is not Valikorlia.
Either way, players can't be held responsible.
  #172  
Old 11-25-2008, 10:43 PM
eagle4 eagle4 is offline
Registered User
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 43
eagle4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneAngelIbesu View Post
Era is not Valikorlia.
If you keep making excuses like that then your server will definitely be stuck in a rut.
  #173  
Old 11-25-2008, 10:45 PM
Crono Crono is offline
:pluffy:
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sweden
Posts: 19,993
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Crono
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle4 View Post
NEVER blame the players for the server's faults -- that's what Jenn did when Era's playercount sunk to 10 average. But suddenly when managers changed, Era revived to a hefty 70-80 players. So there must be something wrong with the server.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codein View Post
Either way, players can't be held responsible.
You guys don't know Valikorlia.
__________________
  #174  
Old 11-25-2008, 10:54 PM
Codein Codein is offline
jwd
Codein's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Greater Manchester
Posts: 2,423
Codein has a spectacular aura aboutCodein has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Codein Send a message via MSN to Codein
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
You guys don't know Valikorlia.
The fact is there's nothing stopping the administration from changing Val for the better. The fact is, if the current player base doesn't like it, the current player base can lump it. The fact is Val could be so much more. The fact is, players complaining is no excuse.
  #175  
Old 11-26-2008, 12:11 AM
eagle4 eagle4 is offline
Registered User
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 43
eagle4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
You guys don't know Valikorlia.
Quit making shallow assumptions you're starting to get annoying now.
By the way, at least back it up when you say something like that. It's not smart if you don't.
  #176  
Old 11-26-2008, 12:53 AM
Crono Crono is offline
:pluffy:
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sweden
Posts: 19,993
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Crono
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codein View Post
The fact is there's nothing stopping the administration from changing Val for the better.
"For the better" is a broad term. Be more specific, then I will tackle the rest of your posts at once as they pretty much come back to this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle4 View Post
Quit making shallow assumptions you're starting to get annoying now.
Are my shallow assumptions correct or not? Your posts show that you know nothing about Valikorlia. The fact that you only mention playercount just shows you really have no clue what you're talking about.

Once Codein answers my question I will tell you why you're both missing the point.

Quote:
By the way, at least back it up when you say something like that. It's not smart if you don't.
Here you go big boy.

Regarding the players holding back the leveling system, which is pretty relevant.


Regarding the players in general.


As a part of my "shallow assumptions", I don't expect you to know what "pre-flood" means.
__________________
  #177  
Old 11-26-2008, 01:05 AM
Codein Codein is offline
jwd
Codein's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Greater Manchester
Posts: 2,423
Codein has a spectacular aura aboutCodein has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Codein Send a message via MSN to Codein
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
"For the better" is a broad term. Be more specific, then I will tackle the rest of your posts at once as they pretty much come back to this.
I don't know what's for the better when it comes to Valikorlia, because I don't know it, as you've previously stated. I was just arguing that the players are not responsible for the lack of change. All I'm trying to get across is that the administration has a choice and that choice shouldn't be swayed by the players so much.
  #178  
Old 11-26-2008, 01:15 AM
Crono Crono is offline
:pluffy:
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sweden
Posts: 19,993
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Crono
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codein View Post
I don't know what's for the better when it comes to Valikorlia, because I don't know it, as you've previously stated. I was just arguing that the players are not responsible for the lack of change. All I'm trying to get across is that the administration has a choice and that choice shouldn't be swayed by the players so much.
They are responsible. Valikorlia's staff does not wanna **** over the few loyal players that are left. Players on Valikorlia prefer too much quality over quantity (in terms of RPers). They don't want to simply attract a ton of people from UN, Zodiac, and Era only to see them all running around ruining RP's.
__________________
  #179  
Old 11-26-2008, 01:35 AM
DustyPorViva DustyPorViva is offline
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 9,589
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
My experience on Val doesn't lead me to believe that this 'loyal' playerbase takes RP as seriously as they'd like everyone to believe. Walking around silently it seems just as bad as UN at times.
  #180  
Old 11-26-2008, 02:16 AM
Switch Switch is offline
o.o
Switch's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 3,038
Switch has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Switch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
One of the biggest reasons why development is not the same as it used to be post-"BUYUROWNSERVER" is just that, the fact that people can buy their own servers. This spreads out all developmental workforce and has had a negative effect on our community. Think about it, back then people wanted to develop on their home servers. Now what happens? People go off, start their own fail-projects and get their friends in on it.

Instead of improving their development on their home servers and contributing to them, they instead break off and do their own little thing. You may think that its only a few people that are like this, but you'd be surprised.

Can't get hired on your home server? No problem, start your own rip off!
I think that for a month or two, limit the amount of servers there can be at once to about 75. That way it's still getting some money and there'll be more development?
More/better development = More Hosted/Classic Servers = $$$$ by upgrading.
More servers = $$$$ by server hosting. If there are more people that play Graal and have a reason to upgrade, I don't see why this won't work both for CJ and the players.
__________________
Oh squiggly line in my eye fluid. I see you lurking there on the peripheral of my vision.
But when I try to look at you, you scurry away.
Are you shy, squiggly line?
Why only when I ignore you, do you return to the center of my eye?
Oh, squiggly line, it's alright, you are forgiven.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 02:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright (C) 1998-2008 Linux cyberjoueurs All Rights Reserved.