Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Zone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-21-2010, 11:36 PM
kadaj15 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via Yahoo to kadaj15
Exclamation Why doesn't Zone have a FAQ?!

Well I've been on Zone for months and i finally realized that there was a FAQ?
I noticed this not to long ago. I asked Craigus why isn't there a FAQ for zone.
Craigus:"I'm not convinced Zone needs FAQ's" I was like this is wierd because there has always been a FAQ for Zone. Do people not realize that mainly new people play zone? A lot of new people play Zone and we can't keep them on Zone as a regular player if there isn't any one there to help him/her.

People who play zone nowadays are people who usually haven't play or are old players coming back that haven't play in a long long time. The other plays that play are people who know what to do, how to play, and most of the commands on how to get guns and other stuff. They see new people online and like to get free kills off them because they don't know how to play. Many questions are ask, but a typical graal player will be like " you're a noob" or something like that. If that keeps happening, the user will eventually get tired of trying to work the game and just quit or move to another server. Do you guys realize this may be one reason why we are losing our player count along with many other reasons but one small step can boost the player count even if its just by a little. Zone needs a FAQ that can one day become like Supernanny, the greatest FAQ Zone has ever had and i think he was the only FAQ that Zone has ever had. Zone needs someone that is like him or could one day be like him and help Zone like he did in the "Golden Zone Ages." By Golden Zone Ages, I mean while the player count was high and there was always a staff online and lots of questions were answered.

With Zone having a FAQ online every now and then, this person could answer questions like "How do i roll" or "How I double equip weapons" and many more questions. I mean who doesn't find that Tutorial Guide on your screen annoying. When I see that, I go straight to my shop and disable it along with my mouse.
These are our future players that one day might become a GOLD member and play on a regualr basis. I know this isn't much, but it's a START! Zone needs as much help as possible. I'm not going to let zone die like this. I'm going to help out with what ever i can! It's hard seeing this server, which was one of the best servers, fall apart like this just because of some stupid updates. We need much help from many people, but sadly... there isn't much staff to work with. Please.. I'm asking all you.. to try and at least help make an effort to bring Zone back to life. Do something! Tell a friend in real life to pplay with you. Call family. Give them help. Zone is alone and needs everyones HELP!

Thank you for reading...
I hope you will do something about this.
~Lorenzo~
Old 06-21-2010, 11:42 PM
o.o
Switch has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Switch
All staff should be able to answer almost any of a new player's question. Therefore there is no real need for a special FAQ.
Why only when I ignore you, do you return to the center of my eye?
Oh, squiggly line, it's alright, you are forgiven.
Old 06-22-2010, 12:07 AM
kadaj15 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via Yahoo to kadaj15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Switch View Post
All staff should be able to answer almost any of a new player's question. Therefore there is no real need for a special FAQ.
There barely staff on ever. Zone needs some one who is really commited to play everyday or atleast be on often
Old 06-22-2010, 12:12 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Why doesn't Zone have an active staff team?!
Old 06-22-2010, 01:01 AM
Tenchry
Tenchry_P2P is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Tenchry_P2P Send a message via MSN to Tenchry_P2P
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
^ why do you even comment on zone threads?

Zone doesn't need a FAQ, the information thing generally helps all the new players, even if it needs to be updated,
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude2020 View Post
Fail. Its because the forums are more fun than the actual game.
Old 06-22-2010, 01:09 AM
****in' Allstar
Feonix will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Feonix
Quote:
Do you even play zone?
Old 06-22-2010, 01:19 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feonix View Post
Do you even play zone?
No but every time I go on RC or client, and see a next to 0 player-count 95% of the time, I begin to wonder how it's acceptable to those in charge of it, and why nothing is being done about it.
Old 06-22-2010, 01:21 AM
Zeus Condero
papajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
No but every time I go on RC or client, and see a next to 0 player-count 95% of the time, I begin to wonder how it's acceptable to those in charge of it, and why nothing is being done about it.
Bell said that the PWA cannot interfere with gold servers so they can't remove the managers and such. Stefan has too
Old 06-22-2010, 01:37 AM
team canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by papajchris View Post
Bell said that the PWA cannot interfere with gold servers so they can't remove the managers and such. Stefan has too
Yes I'm aware of this, which makes no sense at all in Graal's current state.
Old 06-22-2010, 02:14 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Switch View Post
I recall being banned on GK for supporting heresy like this.
Old 06-22-2010, 04:12 AM
Deas
Deas_Voice is a jewel in the roughDeas_Voice is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Deas_Voice Send a message via MSN to Deas_Voice Send a message via Yahoo to Deas_Voice
Gold server biggest problem with staffs:

they use Debug server, when they hire people you get access to debug server ONLY.
therefor, theres no real staff team, because no one wants to hang out on a empty server.

oh and, a server with 0 playercount doesnt need a FAQ to do nothing.
since 2003~
I Support~
ღAeonღ | ღTestbedღ | ღDelteriaღ

if you are going to rep me, don't be an idiot, leave your name!
I got nothing but love for you
Old 06-22-2010, 09:09 PM
scooter123 can only hope to improve
Zone just lacks helpful staff. They should have active ETs and GPs who do not cross the line of the rules on Zone/their own restrictions. They should have staff who actually help instead of act like a regular, dirty talking player with a guild like (GP) or (Events Team). This is my opinion because although I do not need help I do not see new players getting some of the help they should be getting when they start when they actually try asking other players/staff.

Even for me I wish they actually had worthy staff members on Zone (ETs and GPs, Obviously).
Old 06-22-2010, 09:35 PM
****in' Allstar
Feonix will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Feonix
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter123 View Post
Zone just lacks helpful staff. They should have active ETs and GPs who do not cross the line of the rules on Zone/their own restrictions. They should have staff who actually help instead of act like a regular, dirty talking player with a guild like (GP) or (Events Team). This is my opinion because although I do not need help I do not see new players getting some of the help they should be getting when they start when they actually try asking other players/staff.

Even for me I wish they actually had worthy staff members on Zone (ETs and GPs, Obviously).
lolwut
Old 06-22-2010, 09:35 PM
The Blackswan
pooper200000 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to pooper200000
Quote:
Originally Posted by kadaj15 View Post
Zone needs a FAQ that can one day become like Supernanny, the greatest FAQ Zone has ever had and i think he was the only FAQ that Zone has ever had. Zone needs someone that is like him or could one day be like him and help Zone like he did in the "Golden Zone Ages." By Golden Zone Ages, I mean while the player count was high and there was always a staff online and lots of questions were answered.
I am not the only FAQ Zone has ever had, and I am not the greatest. Just to list a few, Gambet, Xterminator, MagikMasterMind, Dante396, 496815 (Zen). I was never a FAQ when we had an extremely high playercount. Most of time I spent as FAQ, I spent sitting on a dead server.

There is not a special need for a FAQ. If all staff can answer a player's questions, that is great. I do think the tag is nice to show an exceptional knowledge of the server, because even among staff there is a varying knowledge about the server. The information tower is not enough, and it is hardly even up to date. I'll take the blame for that one, because I never spent the time to update it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deas_Voice View Post
Gold server biggest problem with staffs:

they use Debug server, when they hire people you get access to debug server ONLY.
therefor, theres no real staff team, because no one wants to hang out on a empty server.

oh and, a server with 0 playercount doesnt need a FAQ to do nothing.
Also, I completely disagree with you Deas. Your problem is with the handling of development and player related issues. Development should be kept on a debug server, because even though it is fun for developers to show off, that doesn't mean they should. I would rather development staff be rewarded with increased maximum ammunition and weapons on Zone for their work, but this is a completely different issue.

It is also easier to manage when there are not developers on the main server, because then more development projects can be made. For example if the Zone staff wanted to redo the entire GUI, it would be simpler to do it on debug and then to move the complete product rather than to have it be a WIP on Zone. Then again, I'm not a developer, so I should bite my tongue.

I think the best solution is to have a staff member, like a FAQ, who is always online. It isn't any fun if there is no one around, and if 3-4 staff are always online, it can do wonders for the playercount because more people will log on to play.
Old 06-22-2010, 09:37 PM
scooter123 can only hope to improve
Even with the staff they are not informative like you said Supernanny.