Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Playerworld Staff Openings
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-27-2011, 04:46 PM
Delterian Hybrid
Emera is a jewel in the roughEmera is a jewel in the rough
GrimeCraft - GraalOnline Minecraft Server

I've been planning this for a while now, and have thought everything through, documented everything and detailed my blueprint down to the smallest feature. I propose to host a GraalOnline Minecraft server, much like Terraria, but on a Graal server. It's planned to be a 2D style Minecraft gameplay environment. Picture Mario on the NDS but Minecraft instead. I have already started with the development over Lexia, since I felt it wasn't getting anywhere fast. I've already gotten a very eager, maybe too eager, Aeko helping me with the graphics. I decided to let him help me manage the project since he doesn't listen to anybody else. Ranks don't really wash with him to be frank. But, we love him!

I am in need of staff however, since my coding isn't exactly the best in the world, and most of the things I produce are crappy and break whenever they want. I think Aeko turned them against me. Anway, if you would like to help us out with the project, then feel free to complete the little application at the bottom and send me it. My email and the sending details are contained in the document.

It's not really going to be a hardcore working environment were you must produce this graphic or this system for this deadline or you're fired. It's pretty laid back. I really just want to see how this thing will turn out. Since many Graal players play Minecraft, I thought it would be quite appealing to them to play this kind of server. If you want more details on it, just ask a question here, email me or send me a forum PM. If you want to come and help but you aren't convinced, I can add you to my RC and we can have a chat. Just send me your community name and we can sort something out.

I don't really have any screen shots to show you since we started the development yesterday after I got bored and Aeko stopped watching film or whatever his reason was for going AFK. So, if you're up for a nice little project and fancy helping us out, fill in the attached form below and send me it via email. Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: doc GrimeCraftApplication.doc (15.5 KB, 361 views)

Last edited by Emera; 11-27-2011 at 05:18 PM..
Old 11-27-2011, 05:00 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Hm, sounds interesting enough, I wanna hear more about this so I guess add me to your RC and I'll be happy to converse with you, maybe even help in whatever means necessary.
I am a real idea producer and do animations.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 11-27-2011, 05:03 PM
Kingdoms Management
NicoX will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to NicoX Send a message via MSN to NicoX
Why should someone upgrade his Account for 30+ USD to play on a Graal Minecraft Server when he can buy original Minecraft for like 15USD ? (Graal##### accounts)
Useless in my opinion.

-Nico
(GK Management)

Clash: Nico, I'm going to give you an example of good management.
Clash: One of my staff removed my RC and banned me.
Clash: I didn't ban or remove their RC after I got another one to fix me.
Clash: Do you know why?
Björn: Because you IP banned him ?

Stefan logged on.
(npcserver) has reset the attributes of Stefan
*Stefan: ah my client crashed

Old 11-27-2011, 05:04 PM
░▒▓██▓▒░
Galdor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond repute
That darn Aeko >=O

My Albums
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unixmad
This forums is going worst each day.
Old 11-27-2011, 05:05 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoX View Post
Why should someone upgrade his Account for 30+ USD to play on a Graal Minecraft Server when he can buy original Minecraft for like 15USD ? (Graal##### accounts)
Useless in my opinion.
That's like me saying "Why bother playing Magicka when you can bust out a dreamcast and play Gauntlet?"

The reason is because it's a different style of the game, which people may enjoy more. If you're going to say an opinion at least give some ground to it without making yourself to be an ass. May seem rather hostile in some ways in how I stated this, but I mean no hostility.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 11-27-2011, 05:06 PM
Delterian Hybrid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulg0reSama View Post
That's like me saying "Why bother playing Magicka when you can bust out a dreamcast and play Gauntlet?"

The reason is because it's a different style of the game, which people may enjoy more. If you're going to say an opinion at least give some ground to it without making yourself to be an ass.
No point in explaining to him mate. Haters will hate. At least we're not using "his" tiles any more.
Old 11-27-2011, 05:06 PM
callimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to behold
I pretty much like the idea.

Quote:
Useless in my opinion.
Because of the fun. Also the 30+ USD aren´t just for his server, since you can use the gold account on every server.
Old 11-27-2011, 05:07 PM
Delterian Hybrid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galdor View Post
That darn Aeko >=O
I know right :O
I was going to shoot him, but apparently that's "illegal" or some ****.

Last edited by Emera; 11-27-2011 at 10:36 PM.. Reason: Typo >:(
Old 11-27-2011, 05:07 PM
Kingdoms Management
NicoX will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to NicoX Send a message via MSN to NicoX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulg0reSama View Post

The reason is because it's a different style of the game, which people may enjoy more. If you're going to say an opinion at least give some ground to it without making yourself to be an ass. May seem rather hostile in some ways in how I stated this, but I mean no hostility.
Well its my Opinion. Of course you guys can have another one. Well I hope to see something nice soon.

-Nico
(GK Management)

Clash: Nico, I'm going to give you an example of good management.
Clash: One of my staff removed my RC and banned me.
Clash: I didn't ban or remove their RC after I got another one to fix me.
Clash: Do you know why?
Björn: Because you IP banned him ?

Stefan logged on.
(npcserver) has reset the attributes of Stefan
*Stefan: ah my client crashed

Old 11-27-2011, 05:15 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
I hope you didn't spend too long coming up with "GrimeCraft".
Old 11-27-2011, 05:15 PM
Delterian Hybrid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
I hope you didn't spend too long coming up with "GrimeCraft".
I admit, it took me a few minutes ^_^ (haha)

Edit: I just finished my over world theme. Pretty much all the music will be composed to fit an 8 bit style theme. It sounds pretty cool!

This is pretty much what I've got so far.
Old 11-27-2011, 05:37 PM
Coder
0PiX0 is a jewel in the rough0PiX0 is a jewel in the rough
Sounds fun. You should use my parallax scrolling background system. I'd be glad to share it.
Old 11-27-2011, 06:56 PM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattKan
Quote:
Useless in my opinion.
Why should anybody upgrade their account for 30+ USD to play Esteria when they can play so many other free online games that are so much better?
Old 11-28-2011, 12:14 AM
Hezzy002 is a jewel in the roughHezzy002 is a jewel in the rough
I made something like this for UN. Used custom characters and tileset, supported parallax mapping and lighting when I stopped working on it.
Old 11-28-2011, 10:46 AM
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ...ᶘ ಠᴥಠᶅ❤...ℳℴℯ
Clockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galdor View Post
That darn Aeko >=O