Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Your opinion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-11-2008, 08:52 AM
Kevin Azite
Mark Sir Link is just really niceMark Sir Link is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Mark Sir Link
Graal Advertising

I'm not even sure if there really is any advertising campaign, but the current approach of the website stinks. I dunno why all the official servers were given their own page and such, but I think it's a terrible idea.

Why?

Because Graal Zone is not a terrific shooter. And Graal Kingdoms isn't a fantastic RPG. And Skill Games has less games than many leading free game providers.

So what should change?

Since Graal has basically everything all in one package deal, why not begin advertising it as such?

For the cost of an account, you can play a shooter, an RPG, a gang era shoot-em-up, a traditional action RPG (although I guess Classic doesn't fit this bill anymore...), and have access to a games lounge!

Doesn't that sound like a much better deal to you? When you consider almost every other game besides Graal utilizes servers, calling the worlds on Graal servers makes them sound different from what they really are - after a potential customer sees a few screenshots of Zone and sees they'd have access to several servers, it may mislead them into believing there'd be multiple servers hosting the Zone game. And honestly, I don't think many people would be prepared to pay upward of 40 dollars a year just to play a shooter like Zone.

So how do you make potential customers aware of what they're really getting? Make sure the idea of different worlds with different gameplay all accessed from the same account is delivered clearly and concisely.

I think this would increase the amount of new players drawn since they'd be quite certain they're getting several different "games" in one.
Old 10-11-2008, 11:14 AM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Good idea overall, I totally agree.
Old 10-11-2008, 11:56 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
I don't think they should advertise classic playerworlds without, at the very least, having something better to offer themselves. (I find it lame that they began charging people for content we made to begin with.) They need a new flagship 2D server to slap on the mainpage like they did with Graal2001 and Graal2002/GK. The site needs to change, it looks far too childish and wouldn't ever draw me to the game if I was new
Old 10-11-2008, 03:23 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
They'd end up just advertising playermade content. Crono's right, they need to have more to offer on their own before they start throwing up adverts with content they didn't even make. That or have kind of payment for player-developers who's servers rake in money for Graal.
Old 10-11-2008, 07:46 PM
knightfire35 is on a distinguished road
I agree, that's why I don't like the new website, because it shows Graal as more 3 different games, not one overall game with different servers,

I also agree with Crono.
Old 10-11-2008, 07:58 PM
Cake'd
Nataxo is a glorious beacon of lightNataxo is a glorious beacon of lightNataxo is a glorious beacon of light
i agree with you and with crono :s
Old 10-11-2008, 08:25 PM
*Shadow (Convoy)
Crono1508 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
(I find it lame that they began charging people for content we made to begin with.)
That's a great point.

No more lifetime Classic, even though its hosted by CJ, the players made
and built the Classic servers. I find it stupid that lifetime classic doesn't
exist anymore. And I'm really hating the new account system.

Old 10-11-2008, 11:23 PM
Rushed is on a distinguished road
I agree..
I don't think a lot of people are interesed in paying 40EUROS (60$?) for graal... It's not a good deal at all. I'd rather get a 2 months prepaid card for WoW for 30 bucks.. *****!
They should atleast start LOWERING the prices and take off the limits for trial players. We need to do something!! Graal is DYING!!
Old 10-11-2008, 11:40 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushed View Post
I agree..
I don't think a lot of people are interesed in paying 40EUROS (60$?) for graal... It's not a good deal at all. I'd rather get a 2 months prepaid card for WoW for 30 bucks.. *****!
They should atleast start LOWERING the prices and take off the limits for trial players. We need to do something!! Graal is DYING!!
I think it's 29 dollar for 8 months worth of Graal, which is a lot cheaper then WoW.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 10-11-2008, 11:46 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
I think it's 29 dollar for 8 months worth of Graal, which is a lot cheaper then WoW.
You still don't understand the big picture, it's ridiculous to charge people to pretty much play servers that other players developed. In the past it was ok because P2P was offered so players could play CJ's own servers but times have changed.

Graal is a lot cheaper than WoW but that really isn't saying anything.
Old 10-11-2008, 11:53 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Developers working for successful servers should get some kind of subscription bonus. Managers/Owners, depending on the amounts of different ips connecting to their servers, should get "stacks" of short-term gold subscriptions that they distribute among their staff team. These subscriptions are only "active" once they've been transferred to the developer who earned it. That would make a decent alternative to paying developers, and make it less bad when CJ advertises playermade content.
Old 10-11-2008, 11:55 PM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
I agree with the first post.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 10-11-2008, 11:56 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
Developers working for successful servers should get some kind of subscription bonus. Managers/Owners, depending on the amounts of different ips connecting to their servers, should get "stacks" of short-term gold subscriptions that they distribute among their staff team. These subscriptions are only "active" once they've been transferred to the developer who earned it. That would make a decent alternative to paying developers, and make it less bad when CJ advertises playermade content.
/signed
Old 10-11-2008, 11:57 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
You still don't understand the big picture, it's ridiculous to charge people to pretty much play servers that other players developed. In the past it was ok because P2P was offered so players could play CJ's own servers but times have changed.
When purchasing Graal you still get unrestricted access to Graal Kingdoms and Zone, which are the official servers, which is most likely what CJ wants to charge players for. The Classic and Playerworld servers are just part of the bundle, which would explain the lack of promotion they get on the GraalOnline website. But hey, that's just a guess.

I really do think that they need to come up with a system to reward successful servers and their staff though.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 10-11-2008, 11:59 PM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Business plans shouldn't be based on heresay. How many of you have experience leading a market or developing marketing directives?

I think we can agree the lack of direction is a little concerning. The iPhone development is a good step, but in the wrong direction - Cyberjoureurs shouldn't be trying to market their product as something it could be when they have a lot to market based on what it is.

Ultimately it comes down to statistics and diligent research.