Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > NPC Scripting > New Scripting Engine (GS2)
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2014, 07:39 AM
callimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Restraint View Post
Current online level editors all suffer from the same fate: Whoever coded them wants to edit tiles with every change. A nice online tile editor for mass edits would allow you to enter "Edit Mode" where the tiles are shown as images, and your edits happen instantly as images, just like they would in the offline editor. "Floodfill" recursions wouldn't cause soul-crushing lag as they process, since they'd happen instantly. All tile edits would happen simultaneously the moment the designer pressed "Apply."
That's the way mine is working
Old 09-04-2014, 05:48 PM
Raven613 will become famous soon enough
Would be nice if external RC could be updated instead, pretty sure it's like the preferred RC by everyone yet it's extremely outdated and hasn't been updated/improved in forever.

Love getting disconnected when opening players with large attributes and being unable to open large folders.
Old 09-04-2014, 08:51 PM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven613 View Post
Would be nice if external RC could be updated instead, pretty sure it's like the preferred RC by everyone yet it's extremely outdated and hasn't been updated/improved in forever.

Love getting disconnected when opening players with large attributes and being unable to open large folders.
I'd have to agree with Raven, I'd rather us focus on the external RC. Even allowing us to utilize ports to create our own RC would be nice as well.
Old 09-05-2014, 12:21 AM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
Agreed

Old 09-05-2014, 01:54 AM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
I would use the internal one more if it operated more like the external one.. same look and feel but with the added features the internal one has and a few others it does not have.
Old 09-05-2014, 02:32 AM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptless View Post
I would use the internal one more if it operated more like the external one.. same look and feel but with the added features the internal one has and a few others it does not have.
The problem I have here is you can't troubleshoot/fix issues with your server using the clientside RC. If your server crashes, or experiences any sort of delay, it makes using the clientside RC a huge pain to get anything done. At the moment, I wouldn't use the client RC for anything more than a chat window.
Old 09-05-2014, 05:27 AM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Rocks View Post
The problem I have here is you can't troubleshoot/fix issues with your server using the clientside RC. If your server crashes, or experiences any sort of delay, it makes using the clientside RC a huge pain to get anything done. At the moment, I wouldn't use the client RC for anything more than a chat window.
You mean if you cannot connect to your server on player you wouldn't be able to use rc on it? That would be a good point and maybe it can be expanded to allow it, not sure on it's limitations really.
Old 09-05-2014, 09:58 AM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
Quote:
Not to mention... reconnects and client reboots.
Old 09-05-2014, 11:50 AM
a true gentlemen
Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptless View Post
You mean if you cannot connect to your server on player you wouldn't be able to use rc on it? That would be a good point and maybe it can be expanded to allow it, not sure on it's limitations really.
The fact that every server experiences a decent amount of lag is enough for me to never use client RC as a developers tool. I don't like interruptions, and as Cubical said, disconnections play a big role in that as well. I don't wanna write a few lines of code only to have it erased due to a disconnect.
Old 09-05-2014, 09:56 PM
Banned
Maybe since it's a global script it can be made to not close your script. So that it handles disconnects the same way as external rc disconnects.
Old 09-06-2014, 10:51 AM
Graal Developer
Rave_J can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to Rave_J Send a message via MSN to Rave_J Send a message via Yahoo to Rave_J
Quote:
Originally Posted by callimuc View Post
That's the way mine is working
I weather see them just update the offline level editor.

The online level editor tools is no good, I hate them I cant stand them.. With this lag that graal has it would be a nightmare.

There slow and i can do much more so much faster then you could with a online level editor.

I don't care so much about the level editor having gs2 because you can still code in gs2 on there for levels. I just fill just dropping the gani editor, level editor all those programs would be a mistake...
Old 09-06-2014, 05:36 PM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rave_J View Post

The online level editor tools is no good, I hate them I cant stand them.. With this lag that graal has it would be a nightmare. Besides a scripted editor could be client side and independent of being connected to the server as long as your able to access either login server

There slow and i can do much more so much faster then you could with a online level editor.

I don't care so much about the level editor having gs2 because you can still code in gs2 on there for levels. I just fill just dropping the gani editor, level editor all those programs would be a mistake...
I use a mac. Updating the editor would require cross platform for it to even interest me.

Last edited by scriptless; 09-06-2014 at 06:29 PM..
Old 09-06-2014, 05:50 PM
a true gentlemen
Quote:

The online level editor tools is no good, I hate them I cant stand them.. With this lag that graal has it would be a nightmare.

The online level editor and gani editor work great and do far more than their offline counter parts. I'm not going to lie or anything. It is a bit different and takes a little bit to get used to, but it is better in the end (unless you get disconnected).
Old 09-07-2014, 12:34 AM
Graal Developer
Rave_J can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to Rave_J Send a message via MSN to Rave_J Send a message via Yahoo to Rave_J
Quote:
The online level editor and gani editor work great and do far more than their offline counter parts. I'm not going to lie or anything. It is a bit different and takes a little bit to get used to, but it is better in the end (unless you get disconnected).
They can easily update the level editor and gani editor offline, I think just having to buy a server to learn how to dev is the wrong direction. At least offline dev tools give people to learn how to dev without buying a server or work for someone.

Its like Graal want you to put a down payment to learn how to dev on gral tools to make them money.
Old 09-07-2014, 12:59 AM
Banned
Quote:
They can easily update the level editor and gani editor offline, I think just having to buy a server to learn how to dev is the wrong direction. At least offline dev tools give people to learn how to dev without buying a server or work for someone.

Its like Graal want you to put a down payment to learn how to dev on gral tools to make them money.
How about since callimuc's editor could easily work exactly like FP4's gani editor and save files offline too you know.

FP4's editor doesn't force you to have a server, or even be staff, to use it. Just login Zodiac and type the command for it.. =/ The reason they went to scripted is because it provides cross platform ease. Things will then work the same on any os.. it makes a lot more sense then trying to update the external one.