Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-27-2011, 05:08 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Players now drop money on death. To prevent them just redropping it on their death, it goes into their bank account.

Quote:
We are testing out a new feature which should promote PKing. Starting today, when you kill a player you will receive a random amount of money (between $0 and $10) in your bank account.

If you have any comments, suggestions, or notice any issues with the feature, please make a support ticket by pressing F11.
Seems like a fairly arbitrary way to do it so suggestions are very welcome.
Old 02-27-2011, 05:17 AM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Someone host a 2 hour ULMS and loan me an Mp5 so I can make 10k?

Seriously though...

Add the thing like with hp levels, where you have to kill one person then another before re-killing the first player (prevent abuse).
Add an extension onto kill messages 'You killed ______ and received $_!' (to keep track or whatever idk)
Add some kill streak bonuses (if a player gets like 3-5 kills in a row and then you kill them... 'You ended _____'s streak and recieved $_!') would give a higher amount (random 20-50?). Also if you do this add a 'Kill Streak' counter to the GUI :3.
Add a 'Random Player Bonus' like TSA said, where the NPC would mark 1 random player with a Bonus so when they die you get a large sum (250-500) or whatever... mark a player like every hour (or half) or something.

I haven't actually played so I don't know if you added any of these things..
High5!
Old 02-27-2011, 05:19 AM
retired graal veteran
k_killar is infamous around these parts
Send a message via AIM to k_killar
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
Players now drop money on death. To prevent them just redropping it on their death, it goes into their bank account.

right now i guess its good for testing but if i can dig 1 shell and get more $$ with that then i can with 3 kills then it sux
Old 02-27-2011, 05:22 AM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by k_killar View Post
right now i guess its good for testing but if i can dig 1 shell and get more $$ with that then i can with 3 kills then it sux
Yeah but how many kills and gang points do you get from digging one shell?
Old 02-27-2011, 05:26 AM
Chaotic
gwFCCtennis is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to gwFCCtennis
Quote:

Disabled in events?

Also, another way to earn money could be through an achievement system, like 1k kills is an achievement earns you x amount of money, but thats a lot of work and not sure if you even want anything like that.
Old 02-27-2011, 05:31 AM
retired graal veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwFCCtennis View Post
Disabled in events?

Also, another way to earn money could be through an achievement system, like 1k kills is an achievement earns you x amount of money, but thats a lot of work and not sure if you even want anything like that.
that wouldnt be that much work just set everyones cashkills = 0

if cashkills= 1000 then give player.item.money= x
Old 02-27-2011, 05:40 AM
Chaotic
gwFCCtennis is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to gwFCCtennis
Quote:
that wouldnt be that much work just set everyones cashkills = 0

if cashkills= 1000 then give player.item.money= x
I was talking about the achievement system being a lot of work itself, not the actual achievements, like thered be more than just that
Old 02-27-2011, 05:48 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaman771 View Post
Add the thing like with hp levels, where you have to kill one person then another before re-killing the first player (prevent abuse).
We have ways of preventing abuse built-in.
Quote:
Add an extension onto kill messages 'You killed ______ and received $_!' (to keep track or whatever idk)
We already did this exactly.

Quote:
Add a 'Random Player Bonus' like TSA said, where the NPC would mark 1 random player with a Bonus so when they die you get a large sum (250-500) or whatever... mark a player like every hour (or half) or something.
Doesn't the bounty hunter system already do this?

Quote:
Ammo costs about $4-$10, depending on what you shoot. If you can kill 1-2 people with 100 bullets, then you're making profit. This isn't intended to replace jobs for making lots of money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwFCCtennis View Post
Disabled in events?
It is right now but we might reconsider in the future.
Old 02-27-2011, 07:55 PM
hi
Darugo is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geno View Post
implement drug dealing. it would fit well with the urban/guns/gangs setting. plus you would make a lot more selling some drugs instead of picking flowers or sea shells.
Agreed. I had the same thought a while ago. Drugs need to be something completely player-based. The main problem is most jobs are completely NPC controlled, and that's bad. Why? Because it basically places players in isolation. What's the point in the game being multiplayer if you spend 20/24 hours mining in a cave alone? Drugs would also be great for new players. I'd like to see:

Drugs be relatively cheap to buy. Incentive for users to buy/sell, and still allows players to buy big.

Drugs wouldn't replace anything, ie Marijuana could increase your damage threshold by 10%, etc...
My only real problem is making drugs. I don't really know a way to go on how to get people to farm weed, maybe in their apartments but essentially only the rich could get away with that as not many players can afford. And I don't want weed growing randomly on the map like flowers. It's a tough position.

~

Anyway, I'd also like to see a police faction be made properly. Police would get salary and much more incentives to become one over a gang member, thereby reducing the amount of random killing on the street.
no idea if this has been done before, but I'd like to see it, hell. I'd like to help see it become a future.

edit: forgot to mention
A lot of jobs need to be buffed, or removed (i dislike the latter). I basically want all jobs except mining to be balanced equally. Why? So there's a choice between which job you actually want to choose. It's always melted down to mining or digging. Letter delivery and flower picking all fall too short. Making each job essentially gain the same pay would increase the diversity amongst players. Mining would stay in it's current state. Although I hate being a level 6 miner, it does make sense for players to have to work to become the richest.

Also anyone know what happened to radio stations? I came back with the sole purpose of making one.
Old 02-27-2011, 08:10 PM
the fake one
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darugo View Post
Also anyone know what happened to radio stations? I came back with the sole purpose of making one.
They were deleted because there are some glitches with the sounds on Era that cause music to freeze randomly.
Old 02-27-2011, 08:32 PM
retired graal veteran
Quote:
They were deleted because there are some glitches with the sounds on Era that cause music to freeze randomly.
bring them back

Last edited by k_killar; 02-27-2011 at 08:46 PM..
Old 02-28-2011, 04:28 AM
Stay Frosty
WillaWonka will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaman771 View Post
Add some kill streak bonuses (if a player gets like 3-5 kills in a row and then you kill them... 'You ended _____'s streak and recieved $_!') would give a higher amount (random 20-50?).
3 kill rc xd
9 kill choppa gunna
11 kill dogs
15 kill emp
25 kill FREE NUKE WOOOHOOO

Edit: nvm about nuke there will be to much camping

Last edited by WillaWonka; 02-28-2011 at 04:29 AM.. Reason: Error
Old 02-28-2011, 05:00 AM
the fake one
Quote:
I fixed these glitches today and eventually it may be possible for us to bring back radio stations, but if so, I would prefer to see them done as Shoutcast streams rather than simply selecting MP3s hosted somewhere online. Shoutcast streams would be a lot nicer (like the radio on UN) since the person hosting it could talk into the mic and interact with players.
Old 02-28-2011, 05:04 AM
retired graal veteran
Quote:
I fixed these glitches today and eventually it may be possible for us to bring back radio stations, but if so, I would prefer to see them done as Shoutcast streams rather than simply selecting MP3s hosted somewhere online. Shoutcast streams would be a lot nicer (like the radio on UN) since the person hosting it could talk into the mic and interact with players.
Old 02-28-2011, 05:16 AM
hi
Darugo is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
I preferred the old method as I have my own webserv and can just SSH/upload songs. I'd like to be able to mic what i want but I thought shoutcast worked where I have to stream everything and on DSL I don't think I have the bandwidth for that.