Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Feature request
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-17-2009, 07:03 PM
Cubes is a jewel in the roughCubes is a jewel in the rough
I don't take kindly to criers, and if you care enough where you have to post on the forums about someone massing mean stuff about you and you don't even use the ignore option that makes you a crier. As long as they aren't massing out personal information and what not or trying to give you links to sites where you'll download trainers and stuff I don't see the problem with it.
Old 08-17-2009, 07:19 PM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubes View Post
I don't take kindly to criers, and if you care enough where you have to post on the forums about someone massing mean stuff about you and you don't even use the ignore option that makes you a crier. As long as they aren't massing out personal information and what not or trying to give you links to sites where you'll download trainers and stuff I don't see the problem with it.
i've had mass messages off for a couple of years now, what's your point? this thread isn't about what should and shouldn't be allowed in mass messages, it's whether people should have the privilege to mass at all once they go over the line as determined by the server staff, and that as jailing or banning is the only option open; it seems like a good idea to add in a removable right from players to stop them from massing in the first place instead
Old 08-17-2009, 07:21 PM
It's a waste of effort because maybe someone else would like to hear what the person has to say.
Old 08-17-2009, 07:24 PM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Quote:
It's a waste of effort because maybe someone else would like to hear what the person has to say.
so we shouldn't jail people for masses either, in case someone else wanted to hear what they have to say? we all know that that doesn't ever happen nor is it what will ever happen. server's have a subjective line that players can reach with mass messages before they are jailed to stop them from massing, and that isn't the point of the thread, like i said - the ability to just stop players from massing is a better option that removing their ability to play the server altogether, and that when you do jail them, it doesn't quell their mass messages
Old 08-17-2009, 07:27 PM
Honestly, you kids need to learn to take an insult. I'm not even going to argue about this because frankly I don't really care because I don't play UN.
Old 08-17-2009, 07:29 PM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Quote:
Honestly, you kids need to learn to take an insult. I'm not even going to argue about this because frankly I don't really care because I don't play UN.
this isn't just about UN, if it was just about UN i would have posted this thread in the UN section of the forums

and if you aren't going to argue then why did you post in the first place?
Old 08-17-2009, 07:46 PM
o.o
Switch has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Switch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro View Post
original post
Hey hun'.

I would also opt for a background history on Graal when someone starts Graal for the first time.
Why only when I ignore you, do you return to the center of my eye?
Oh, squiggly line, it's alright, you are forgiven.
Old 08-17-2009, 07:47 PM
Quote:
and if you aren't going to argue then why did you post in the first place?
because i'm bored and no one is on wow, myspace, or facebook.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:11 PM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Why should we have to turn off mass messaging to not get vulgar messages from a few people? That is, in affect, removing the right from the decent people.
I kind of like the idea of being able to disable mass messaging from people who wont use it appropriately, because most of them who do it, are only doing it for the shock effect, and attention, so take it away from them.
But repeat offenders should be dealt with more harshly.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 08-17-2009, 10:21 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene159 View Post
Why should we have to turn off mass messaging to not get vulgar messages from a few people? That is, in affect, removing the right from the decent people.
I kind of like the idea of being able to disable mass messaging from people who wont use it appropriately, because most of them who do it, are only doing it for the shock effect, and attention, so take it away from them.
But repeat offenders should be dealt with more harshly.
I don't see how it would affect you either way, considering you don't even play.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:23 PM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
I don't see how it would affect you either way, considering you don't even play.
Stop saying that. I do play, just not often RIGHT NOW. I am very familiar with the gameplay of Graal.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.

READ>THINK>POST
Old 08-17-2009, 10:47 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Stop saying that. I do play, just not often RIGHT NOW. I am very familiar with the gameplay of Graal.
No you don't play, yet you make all of these self-righteousness statements all of the time, but even if everything in the entire game was changed to your liking you still wouldn't log on. It was the same on Classic when they made changes that you advocated, where you acted like a moral superiority, but didn't even bother to log on since.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:50 PM
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
No you don't play, yet you make all of these self-righteousness statements all of the time, but even if everything in the entire game was changed to your liking you still wouldn't log on. It was the same on Classic when they made changes that you advocated, where you acted like a moral superiority, but didn't even bother to log on since.
Guess what? I'm not going to argue with you. Think what you want, I will still voice my opinion.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.

READ>THINK>POST
Old 08-17-2009, 10:50 PM
master of infinite loops
LoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura aboutLoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to LoneAngelIbesu
Quote:
i don't see where your animosity is coming from, but ignoring the person doesn't remove the problem of their mass messages. it's just like jailing - it only just gets the job done, it doesn't actually solve the problem
I just have to ask, because you don't seem to understand how crime & punishment works on Graal: how will this solve the problem? By disabling masses? You can't mass from jails, either; hell, in a couple of Valikorlia's jails, you can't even chat. As soon as they're able to mass again, they're going to cause another problem, especially if jailing never stopped them before. If it's a serious problem, deserving of a permanent mass ban, then I think it's a bit silly to stop at preventing them from massing. If it gets to that level, it's probably time to consider actual banning.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:52 PM
Quote:
Guess what? I'm not going to argue with you. Think what you want, I will still voice my opinion.
I'm glad, because Internet hypocrisy is hilarious.