Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2010, 10:29 PM
Bell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud of
Maloria goes Hosted!

Maloria is a Class based server which brings with it the feel of old Maloria with its looks and attracts the newer player with its updated playing style. Although the general idea behind it will remain the same as will most the images. It will eventually include both single player and party based activities but only single player is available now.

It has attractive yet non invasive GUI's that replace the old Q menus that can be so cluttered. The plan is to have all GUI's manueverable through your keyboard. No mouse controls will be used.

It has modernized by the use of Automated event bots and a nice weather system that is far superior to the old style of Graal. Minigames will be added shortly as well.

Go check it out, its still small and only a couple quests are available but I think you'll like the old skool feel of it.
Old 07-15-2010, 10:31 PM
Ideas on Fire
Soala is a jewel in the roughSoala is a jewel in the rough
I still support this. Congratulations !
Old 07-15-2010, 11:05 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Being able to PK in the starting level should probably be fixed, it's very easy to spawn lame.

The map isn't explained very well at all, unless it was in a quest description but seriously who's going wanna take the time to actually read it.

Overall it was alright.
Old 07-15-2010, 11:18 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
Being able to PK in the starting level should probably be fixed, it's very easy to spawn lame.
Yeah, I realized as much - disabled it a couple of minutes ago, as well as in the blob area.

Quote:
The map isn't explained very well at all, unless it was in a quest description but seriously who's going wanna take the time to actually read it.
I definitely agree. There used to be some temporary text saying how to use it, but since I removed that level and made it a little more newbie friendly, that got deleted. Going to add some better explanation regarding the map as soon as I can.

Cheers for some constructive criticism

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 07-15-2010, 11:25 PM
cyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant future
Overall I think It's pretty nice. It took me a few minutes to find how where to go and what to do because I didn't read the quest log but after that it was fine and I love the quest system enough to finish the first 4 - 5 quests but I might go back on later when I have more time.
Old 07-15-2010, 11:27 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
There were also some moments where you'd finish a quest or get one, and it wouldn't return focus back to GraalControl. I imagine you'll get that all sorted out with your keyboard driven GUI plan.
Old 07-15-2010, 11:28 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Quote:
There were also some moments where you'd finish a quest or get one, and it wouldn't return focus back to GraalControl. I imagine you'll get that all sorted out with your keyboard driven GUI plan.
Definitely.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 07-15-2010, 11:29 PM
Banned
WhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to behold
Focus is the most annoying thing to deal with, random stuff constantly steals it.

I couldn't really play past the first quest due to v6 but good luck.
Old 07-16-2010, 06:22 PM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
Ill have to hop on a friends computer and check it out.
Old 07-16-2010, 06:27 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Can't get past the class selection screen, and even that took a long time to actually get to come up.
Old 07-16-2010, 06:34 PM
Delteria
Cloven has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Cloven
Looks pretty good so far. My constructive criticism would be that you could tweak the hit detection on the sword a bit and try to reduce some of the cpu usage in a few of your scripts.
Old 07-16-2010, 06:45 PM
Global Administration
MysticalDragon is just really niceMysticalDragon is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to MysticalDragon Send a message via MSN to MysticalDragon
Hmm, I managed to get by the Class Selection and now I'm stuck in the beginning.
Looks like a all green level with a few doors, presumably missing the tileset?
Here is a Snapshot

Besides that the server is looking awesome..
http://support.toonslab.com
[email protected]

Old 07-16-2010, 06:45 PM
Master of Puppets
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Can't get past the class selection screen, and even that took a long time to actually get to come up.
We were having some huge lag spikes yesterday that Stefan helped fixing. Was something with disabling PRAGMA in SQLite queries that he said should be off by default but wasn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloven View Post
Looks pretty good so far. My constructive criticism would be that you could tweak the hit detection on the sword a bit and try to reduce some of the cpu usage in a few of your scripts.
Scripts such as?

Old 07-16-2010, 06:59 PM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
hmm i couldn't get past the first level lol
Old 07-16-2010, 07:23 PM
No.
DarkReaper0 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to DarkReaper0
I like it, the levels are cool monsters are fine.
Being able to tell which town is which on the map is difficult, maybe when you mouse over the icon will "magnify" and the text could be larger?

My only problem is the CPU usage in there, what kind of CPU do I need to get a solid frame rate in there? Granted 2.8 GHz single core isn't that great, but still I don't think I got solid framerate anywhere except in a race event.