Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2015, 12:03 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draenin View Post
Didn't Mallard make it for his own server first?
Nah, he coded it on Testbed at first for simplicity, and then we just ported it over to Maloria when it was working as intended.

Quote:
At any rate, it's a really good system that was publicly released. If anything, more servers should use it. Makes mining a lot more engaging.
I agree! It just struck me as odd that GK removed part of it's core mechanics.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 06-15-2015, 12:36 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaman771 View Post
Where?
Mining has existed on GK since the beginning, and has functioned perfectly fine the whole time. They disabled a majority of the game-play requirements for mining (Houses don't need to be repaired, and barely any of the new items actually need to be crafted due to the sheer laziness of those who introduced these things).

How does mimicking (if not copying, I haven't yet tried it) content from other servers in place of existing & functioning content constitute new?

The developers of GK clearly have some sort of misconception when it comes to recycling content and branding it as new.
I'm afraid you won't be seeing much "new" content anywhere in the next few years if you only consider truly innovative ideas new.
Old 06-15-2015, 01:14 PM
GraalOnline Zone Manager
Tashkin is a jewel in the roughTashkin is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Tashkin
Actually this isn't to just go deeper. Certain mines give better minerals/items. This wasn't just suppose to be go down as far as you can. I don't know if the players noticed or not but the walls that are more complicated to mine tend to give the best stuff. Which is how it was set up.

It was also just suppose to be an alternative way of mining and not to replace the current mines.

One more thing about the mines is that it was suppose to be released with new content that was never done, but that is a different story.

Anyway I think its a great addition to the server and I am happy to see things actually being released.
Old 06-15-2015, 01:55 PM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
gk needs more tornadoes
Old 06-15-2015, 03:42 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubical View Post
gk needs more tornadoes
They're not hard to make at all. It's just a particle effect.
Old 06-15-2015, 04:40 PM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
Weeee!

Old 06-15-2015, 06:45 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Well, it would certainly be nice if it had any effect besides just the visual one.
Old 06-15-2015, 06:59 PM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Does this still have the bug when you resize your screen super small before entering the mines then expand it to full screen it won't show the screen as black and you can rush down the levels in the mines ?? xD
Old 06-15-2015, 08:24 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticalDragon View Post
Also at least they are trying.
I think the update is interesting but don't ever say this again

more importantly, I used to see tornadoes while sailing south of main, but that was years ago and I think they were stuck.
Old 06-15-2015, 09:23 PM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
Quote:
gk already has tornadoes but they dont spawn. gk needs more natural disasters like earthquakes and extinction level meteor showers.
Old 06-15-2015, 10:41 PM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
IT'S MADNESS!

Old 06-16-2015, 12:57 PM
Da conq
Conqueror is a splendid one to beholdConqueror is a splendid one to beholdConqueror is a splendid one to beholdConqueror is a splendid one to behold
Hi ho?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hi_ho.png
Views:	134
Size:	138.2 KB
ID:	55821  

Old 06-16-2015, 01:13 PM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubical View Post
gk already has tornadoes but they dont spawn. gk needs more natural disasters like earthquakes and extinction level meteor showers.

This is relevant... an earthquake could expose new rock formations to mine or cave your cave in. learn to geologist
Old 06-17-2015, 03:26 AM
Mr. Rayleigh
MajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrimps View Post
IT'S MADNESS!

I thought only the person who opened the mine can go in :O
Old 06-17-2015, 04:34 AM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinDragon View Post
I thought only the person who opened the mine can go in :O
They changed/fixed a majority of the things I complained about.