Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Feature request
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-20-2007, 04:58 AM
OMGosh is on a distinguished road
You people should pay more attention. My main focus is not to get it online, but to make an offline game (with MAYBE an online-feature). My main focus is to attract people to the real game BY USING the DS game. =]
Lufish Darkmane (Ventrue) (Tue Jun 19 03:11:09 2007): This is graal, there's no reason to be staff other than corruption.
Old 07-20-2007, 05:37 AM
Varia Developer
Angel_Light is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Angel_Light Send a message via MSN to Angel_Light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky View Post
Do you own a PSP? From the looks of it you don't. I've had mine since it came out and its not broken at all, what are you talking about it shatters if you barely bump it? I love my PSP, it comes everywhere with me, perfect for music, perfect for browsin the web, perfect for gaming, perfect for movies on the road ((when your laptop dies)), and perfect for just about everything else. The DS doesn't even compare to a PSP at all. The PSP beats it in all ways around. I don't understand your "it's not all that better than the DS" lingo, because it definitly ISN'T!
I and 3 of my friends all bought PSP's (not at the same time) and barely a week after we got them they either broke or just plain old stop working, sent it to sony and they said "Sorry, we can not repair this" and well Sony isn't known for top quality in there gaming department. I dropped my DS from the top of my roof by accident and it's fine, few scratches but works fine, I dropped my PSP onto my bed and it broke x.x
Old 07-20-2007, 05:38 AM
haunter is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGosh View Post
You people should pay more attention. My main focus is not to get it online, but to make an offline game (with MAYBE an online-feature). My main focus is to attract people to the real game BY USING the DS game. =]
But an online MMO would standout in the current DS line-up. If an MMO is even possible on the DS.

An offline adventure game would just get lost in the ranks. Especially with games like Phantom Hourglass up against it.
Old 07-20-2007, 05:38 AM
Rediculously inactive
Horrified is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Horrified Send a message via AIM to Horrified Send a message via MSN to Horrified Send a message via Yahoo to Horrified
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGosh View Post
Why use a DS game then? It's controls will own the PC. I'd say make a GBA game with a small example of each server for a couple bucks, and that will HORDE people onto the game (if done correctly), like you could level up to level 10 in an offline Zodiac, then you could explore the quests and such of Unholy Nation, try out spars with bots on Delteria, just get a little taste of a couple of UN's thriving classic and possibly hosted/gold servers (if there is room, although I could only see ol' west being of good use, as it has bots and such already and could give players a taste of that.)

I don't know if Graal's servers will be used to have 10k+ players online, considering the normal playercount, and how everything was made to be very little players, like events (I mean, all of the events I've played/seen are built for 10-20 players!).

Servers would have to be a LOT more dedicated with events, as well. Applications would have to be removed (who works for free and wants to read 500+ applications for a FAQ or ET hiring?), Mass messages would be insane lag for those who keep it on, Staff would have to be forced to hire more because of such thriving numbers (and most of these players will have to get skills they'll need a year to get experience for; like GS2 and Graphics are skills very few take on succesfully, although jobs like GANIs and Levels will grow pretty simply), and then when we have all these playerse eventually staff will be begging for the horrible <b>pay</b> for all the work they're doing for so many players.

It could work, but it would change graal. A lot. It would become v6 from all the changes (instead of 5.*.*.*)
Old 07-20-2007, 05:46 AM
Lol...not possible. The DS doesn't have a hardrive. It'll be difficult to fit so much onto a cartdrige. MMO isn't possible (unless it's something similar to Animal Crossing) and that gets boring after a while, lol.
Lufish Darkmane (Ventrue) (Tue Jun 19 03:11:09 2007): This is graal, there's no reason to be staff other than corruption.
Old 07-20-2007, 05:57 AM
That one guy!
zim5354 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to zim5354
no kthxbai
Old 07-20-2007, 06:07 AM
Wedge has 7 Rep Points :D
Tracker180 is an unknown quantity at this point
umm I haev a reason it couldn't be played on the Wii or DS, it would need some kind of control for the stylus, and how, just HOW would it work on the wii with it's remote? I think it should be an Xbox Live game even though I don't have Xbox Liveunless someone is willing to be genorous...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel_Light View Post
I dropped my DS from the top of my roof by accident
umm, why would ya be playing with ure DS on a roof?

Quote:
This message has been deleted by Chris. Reason: replied to deleted post (don't hurt me Crono =()
Old 07-20-2007, 06:12 AM
Varia Developer
Angel_Light is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Angel_Light Send a message via MSN to Angel_Light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracker180 View Post
umm, why would ya be playing with ure DS on a roof?
Heh it was in my pocket and fell out slid on the roof then fail off into the grass.

And why not make serveral cartridges like Graal: Unholy Nation or Graal: Zone etc ;]
Old 07-20-2007, 06:22 AM
This is getting no where. STEFAN, please just make it, however you'd like. I'd be willing to help anyways I can. =]
Old 07-20-2007, 06:50 AM
Wedge has 7 Rep Points :D
Tracker180 is an unknown quantity at this point
make it for Xbox 360 >.< and then make exspansion packs for more servers

Quote:
This message has been deleted by Chris. Reason: replied to deleted post (don't hurt me Crono =()
Old 07-20-2007, 09:36 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
You people act like Stefan can instantly make Graal work on multiple consoles.

Why the hell would CJ want to waste so much time porting the game over to consoles when it's not even near perfect on PC? What are you honestly gonna do, chat with more "azndragunqueen"s of UN but instead on your TV/tiny DS/(or PSP) screen?
Old 07-20-2007, 03:14 PM
haunter is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerami View Post
You people act like Stefan can instantly make Graal work on multiple consoles.

Why the hell would CJ want to waste so much time porting the game over to consoles when it's not even near perfect on PC? What are you honestly gonna do, chat with more "azndragunqueen"s of UN but instead on your TV/tiny DS/(or PSP) screen?
Eh... I don't think a port would work very well. Just a game based on what's here. No UN, or Zodiac etc... Something different with the same kind of feel as Graal with the Graal name. Something like G2k1 with many more quests.
Old 07-20-2007, 04:48 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
I'm wondering why you guys want Graal to work on the Wii? It's stationary, and you'd have to have a Wi-Fi network anyway, so just turn on your computer?
Old 07-20-2007, 06:06 PM
Incubator
Inverness is a jewel in the roughInverness is a jewel in the rough
Graal really isn't the kind of game to work on anything but the PC. Graal is also an online community and one of the things you need to do is to be able to chat, substitutes for a real keyboard aren't that good. If you want to play an offline version of Graal go play Zelda.
Old 07-21-2007, 05:03 AM
I said the FOCUS is to make it OFFLINE, sthu about WIFI.