Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Questions about V6
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-13-2011, 10:38 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Running two anti-viruses, Aero, and having Graal full-screen on a laptop with integrated graphics is probably why it's so slow.

Reduce Graal to half the size you have it right now.

Uninstall both Antiviruses and see if your computer is faster afterward. Don't surf the internet when they're gone if you're that paranoid.
Old 12-14-2011, 12:07 AM
J.Rollin (killaz)
jkldogg can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to jkldogg Send a message via MSN to jkldogg
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
Why are you running two antivirus programs anyway?
I was informed these two programs scan for different bad things such as "malware" and "viruses". I don't know much about anti-virus programs but I have noticed they do different things. When I was looking for anti-virus programs I was told to just use these two for great protection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Is it running faster now?
I've seen that sometimes the PC comes with one anti-virus package and the ISP installs another one. It's hard to see why the computer is slow until you go into the task manager and watch the services fight each other. These services are not shown in the program list so it will not even show anything strange in the list.
Everytime I use one of these tips, I see little to no difference. For the services, I'm not sure what you mean by "fight each other".

PSN: jkldogg

The best post ever made on the graal forums.
After playing Graal Online for many years, JKL decides to make a forum account. Isn't life funny?
Old 12-14-2011, 12:22 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkldogg View Post
I was informed these two programs scan for different bad things such as "malware" and "viruses". I don't know much about anti-virus programs but I have noticed they do different things. When I was looking for anti-virus programs I was told to just use these two for great protection.
They're basically the same thing, the only difference is their definitions of viruses/malware. Having multiple AV programs is redundant and done at the expense of your computer's performance.

AV programs like to put them in between loading and saving of files, so if the AV was causing a delay every time Graal tried to load a file that would cause noticeable slow down.

Just uninstall them already and see if it's better.
Old 12-14-2011, 01:00 AM
J.Rollin (killaz)
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
They're basically the same thing, the only difference is their definitions of viruses/malware. Having multiple AV programs is redundant and done at the expense of your computer's performance.

AV programs like to put them in between loading and saving of files, so if the AV was causing a delay every time Graal tried to load a file that would cause noticeable slow down.

Just uninstall them already and see if it's better.
Uninstalling them would be a huge pain since it was done in an odd way. This game still lagged before I had them installed so it isn't going to help to uninstall them.

After playing Graal Online for many years, JKL decides to make a forum account. Isn't life funny?
Old 12-14-2011, 08:22 AM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkldogg View Post
Uninstalling them would be a huge pain since it was done in an odd way. This game still lagged before I had them installed so it isn't going to help to uninstall them.
Nice to see you're not even willing to do anything to fix your ****.
Old 12-14-2011, 03:12 PM
J.Rollin (killaz)
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
Nice to see you're not even willing to do anything to fix your ****.
I'm willing to do many things, i've taken every suggestion people have given me (obviously except this one).

Old 12-18-2011, 07:05 PM
Don't Go Mister!
OasaTor_PK is a jewel in the roughOasaTor_PK is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to OasaTor_PK
Just pointing out him having MBAM installed wouldn't effect anything. Unless he pays for the service (which I doubt) nothing on that software runs real time and it is all on demand. So unless he runs an MBAM scan 24/7 it wouldn't effect anything.
Old 12-18-2011, 08:03 PM
team canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by OasaTor_PK View Post
Just pointing out him having MBAM installed wouldn't effect anything. Unless he pays for the service (which I doubt) nothing on that software runs real time and it is all on demand. So unless he runs an MBAM scan 24/7 it wouldn't effect anything.
MBAM is turning on startup (see his Hijackthis) and there's the Malwarebytes service listed there as well so he most likely has the protection module enabled.

So both MBAM and BitDefender are running at the same time, so if a file is opened it's going to get scanned by both of them at once.

Judging by the last screen-shot he posted he's attempting to play it full-screen at 720p res, and the integrated graphics are too weak to run it at a solid 20 FPS.

The only other thing you can try is: Disabling all non-essential services and startup programs in msconfig (start 'msconfig' in search bar).

My final advice is: Format (or replace your HDD with a SSD) and re-install Windows 7, get the latest drivers, then install and try Graal first before you do anything else.

That's really all that can be done.
Old 12-19-2011, 09:47 AM
J.Rollin (killaz)
Cool

Quote:
MBAM is turning on startup (see his Hijackthis) and there's the Malwarebytes service listed there as well so he most likely has the protection module enabled.

So both MBAM and BitDefender are running at the same time, so if a file is opened it's going to get scanned by both of them at once.

Judging by the last screen-shot he posted he's attempting to play it full-screen at 720p res, and the integrated graphics are too weak to run it at a solid 20 FPS.

The only other thing you can try is: Disabling all non-essential services and startup programs in msconfig (start 'msconfig' in search bar).

My final advice is: Format (or replace your HDD with a SSD) and re-install Windows 7, get the latest drivers, then install and try Graal first before you do anything else.

That's really all that can be done.
I uninstalled bitdefender and there wasn't a big change, then updated to bitdefender total security 2012. Feels the same as it was before. Yes I have the mbam protection module on as well as the bitdefender. It never says that it scans files so I'm not sure about that. I've optimized my startup programs long ago, and again about 2 weeks ago (nothing new has been added, i just checked). I don't see the point in formatting my pc just to play one game, this game shouldn't be lagging at all since I pass the minimum and recommended requirements on the graalonline website. I don't feel the need to delete all my stuff just for this game, that's drastic.

Old 12-19-2011, 04:28 PM
team canada
Those requirements are pretty much equivalent to what was expected in 2001, except with Vista/7 slapped on the top.

It doesn't mean you'll be able to play Graal at 720P on Era at a constant 20 FPS.

Can you take an actual video of it "lagging"? Lagging is such a vague term nowadays.
Old 12-20-2011, 09:38 AM
J.Rollin (killaz)
Cool

Quote:
Can you take an actual video of it "lagging"? Lagging is such a vague term nowadays.
EDIT: Yeah...excuse the song, from the YouTube AudioSwap from when they delete your audio for WMG blah blah stuff.

Here's a video from november 21, 2010. This shows a pretty good example of how much I lag when trying to pk / move around. At 0:57 you can see how long it takes for me to enter a new level and leave a level. Should be much quicker than that. Also, if you'd like an up-to-date video I can do that as well.

Last edited by jkldogg; 12-20-2011 at 09:40 AM.. Reason: wmg sucks