Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > NPC Scripting > Old Scripting Engine (GS1)
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-21-2012, 05:25 PM
E-Man
E_Man will become famous soon enough
One npc triggered by another one

I'm making a script and I want to use the command placenpc. I need to to be triggered by the original weapon, but I don't know how to do that because "if (weaponfired)" won't work and "if (hasweapon(weapon))" won't work because that I don't want it to activate instantly. How do I trigger a separate npc with a weapon?
Old 06-21-2012, 05:32 PM
E-Man
:O I just got an idea. I could make a separate flag. I can use this.bomb and this.explosion to trigger the other weapon.

(Try to guess what weapon this is, there was a hit in those flags )
Old 06-21-2012, 05:41 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by E_Man View Post
(Try to guess what weapon this is, there was a hit in those flags )
Why are you writing nuclear bomb control software in GS1? I'm going to have to report you to the authorities.
Old 06-21-2012, 05:49 PM
E-Man
Quote:
Why are you writing nuclear bomb control software in GS1? I'm going to have to report you to the authorities.
WHAT! NO! Wait, is that a joke. I didn't want to say this because I was going to put it in the new code gallery, but it is remote bombs, link in legend of zelda minish cap. I'm having a few troubles with the script right now, but I should be able to figure it out in a bit.

(Why would you have to report me?)
Old 06-21-2012, 05:50 PM
callimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to behold
lol
Quote:
(Why would you have to report me?)
because its dangerous
Old 06-21-2012, 05:57 PM
E-Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by callimuc View Post
because its dangerous
It's an ingame weapon, like is nukeshot dangerous?
Old 06-21-2012, 06:07 PM
E-Man
Quote:
I'm having a few troubles with the script right now, but I should be able to figure it out in a bit.
Yaaaaa... I need some help with me script , I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Here it is:

Weapon:
PHP Code:
// NPC made by E-Man
if (created) {

this.bomb=0;

this.explosion=0;

setimg remotebomb1.png;
}
if (
playertouchsme) {

toweapons Remote Bomb;

hide;
}
if (
weaponfired && this.bomb=&& playerdir0) {

putnpc remotebomb1.png,remotebomb.txt,playerx+0.5,playery-1;

this.bomb=1;
}
if (
weaponfired && this.bomb=&& playerdir1) {

putnpc remotebomb1.png,remotebomb.txt,playerx-1.5,playery+1;

this.bomb=1;
}
if (
weaponfired && this.bomb=&& playerdir2)  {

putnpc remotebomb1.png,remotebomb.txt,playerx+0.5,playery+2.5;

this.bomb=1;
}

if (
weaponfired && this.bomb=&& playerdir3) {

putnpc remotebomb1.png,remotebomb.txt,playerx+2.5,playery+1;

this.bomb=1;
}
if (
weaponfired && this.bomb=1) {

setani shoot,remote.png;

setimg remotebomb1.png;

this.explosion=1;
    }
if (
this.bomb=1) {

setimg remoteimage.png;

remotebomb.txt:
PHP Code:
if (this.explosion=1) {
setimg remotebomb2.png;
sleep 0.5;
putexplosion 2,x,y;
this.explosion=0;
hide;

Remotebomb.txt never activates and also I can't get the image in my inventory to turn back into remotebomb1.png
Old 06-21-2012, 06:15 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
If I remember right, putnpc doesn't work in the editor anymore, and haven't for 6+ years.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 06-21-2012, 06:21 PM
E-Man
Quote:
If I remember right, putnpc doesn't work in the editor anymore, and haven't for 6+ years.
Awww, I wasted so much time on this. Is there a way to change it so it does work?

(Also, I'm just curious, if it did still work, would this script be successful?)
Old 06-21-2012, 06:46 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
I'm pretty sure putnpc does still work within the editor, it might just be a case of the text file not being found. It may need to be placed within the same folder as the level, or manually browsed to within the NPC image field for it to be added to filenamecache.txt.
Old 06-21-2012, 06:57 PM
E-Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
I'm pretty sure putnpc does still work within the editor, it might just be a case of the text file not being found. It may need to be placed within the same folder as the level, or manually browsed to within the NPC image field for it to be added to filenamecache.txt.
It is in the same folder and the script is found, because if it wasn't and I click test, it would say that the file is not found, but it does not say that, it says that everything is correct.
Old 06-21-2012, 07:02 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
The placed NPC would be a separate object to the original weapon script, so the this. variable would not transfer between them. It should use 'if(created){}' as the condition, and then probably use 'destroy;' rather than 'hide;'.

Also I know this is old gscript but I believe you still need to use '==' rather than a single '='. A single '=' is for assigning values, whereas a double '==' is for comparing different values. In modern gscript using just one would result in the condition being determined as true, even if the 2 compared values were different.
Old 06-21-2012, 09:14 PM
E-Man
Quote:
The placed NPC would be a separate object to the original weapon script, so the this. variable would not transfer between them. It should use 'if(created){}' as the condition, and then probably use 'destroy;' rather than 'hide;'.

Also I know this is old gscript but I believe you still need to use '==' rather than a single '='. A single '=' is for assigning values, whereas a double '==' is for comparing different values. In modern gscript using just one would result in the condition being determined as true, even if the 2 compared values were different.
But I am assigning values, it is so that when I use the weapon, it can place the bomb first, then when you use the weapon again, it blows it up, and I can't do "if(created)" because I need it to blow up when I want it to, not on it's own.
Old 06-21-2012, 09:25 PM
Banned
Quote:
But I am assigning values, it is so that when I use the weapon, it can place the bomb first, then when you use the weapon again, it blows it up
Your assigning of variables is correct, it is the comparing of variables within the if conditions which is incorrect, using an assignment causes the if conditions to always be true.

It should be for example:

PHP Code:
if(playertouchsme){
  if(
this.value == 2){

this.value 3;
  }

Doing something like:

PHP Code:
if(this.value 2){

//stuff

is essentially the same as:

PHP Code:
if(true){

//stuff

It's probably worth mentioning that the opposite can also be applied for doing 'not equal to', for example:

PHP Code:
if(playertouchsme){
  if(
this.value != 2){

this.value 2;
  }

Quote:
and I can't do "if(created)" because I need it to blow up when I want it to, not on it's own.
In that case, you should write and read the 'bomb' variable without using 'this.', so it is a global flag, rather than one tied to the weapon.
Old 06-21-2012, 09:38 PM
E-Man
Quote:
Your assigning of variables is correct, it is the comparing of variables within the if conditions which is incorrect, using an assignment causes the if conditions to always be true.

It should be for example:

PHP Code:
if(playertouchsme){
  if(
this.value == 2){

this.value 3;
  }

Doing something like:

PHP Code:
if(this.value 2){

//stuff

is essentially the same as:

PHP Code:
if(true){

//stuff

It's probably worth mentioning that the opposite can also be applied for doing 'not equal to', for example:

PHP Code:
if(playertouchsme){
  if(
this.value != 2){

this.value 2;
  }

In that case, you should write and read the 'bomb' variable without using 'this.', so it is a global flag, rather than one tied to the weapon.
I don't get why I need to compare variables, also would client.variable work for global flags? Though it probably is the comparing variables because I can place the bomb but it blows up on it's own.