Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Playerworld Staff Openings
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-17-2010, 05:54 AM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
Sample Hiring Thread

As it stands, I have seen three or four hiring threads that are even worth reading into. Your hiring thread not only sets the stage for how players will perceive your server but subconsciously impy's what level of 'professionalism' you are offering. The thread should grasp the players attention and draw them in so not only do they want to play your server but they are compelled to help you. Whether you need just a scripter or an entire team you should still post as much information about your server as possible letting people who are interested know exactly the direction you are going. With that being said I have decided to make a sample thread to show you an example of how a hiring thread should be done in my opinion. First I'll show you an example of how not to make a hiring thread then followed by the correct way to write one.

The incorrect way to ask for help.
Example:
Title: Looking for help for new server
HEllo im looking for 1 scripter 2 lats and 1 gat and MAYBE a comanager for my server. It will be based on Mideviel tiems like zodiac. My server name is going to be called 'Zelda - Banjo of Time.' If you want to help log on Dev Stefan and show me your work. We WILL be classic in a month. PS IF YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOUR DOING I DONT WANT YOU.

Just a few reasons why you will not get help
  • First of all you should always have either your servers name as the name of the thread putting 'Hiring for my world' just isn't going to cut it if you're attempting to show any professionalism at all. Maybe put something like 'Serenity Hiring' or 'Serenity Hiring Scripters.'
  • Next you have the issue of not having any real detail about your server. If I were to take one look at that thread I'd immediately click back and pay absolutely no attention to the post.
  • Offering a position as an admin or Co Manager to someone you have no experience working with is just a horrible idea and the only people it would draw in is people with little to know actual development experience. Would you go up to someone you didn't know and offer them a job as your accountant that had no credentials? I didn't think so. You also have no reason to be hiring Player Relations or FAQ either until your server nears completion.
  • Spelling is a big thing if you are looking for someone who is willing to put fourth the effort and give you quality work. Would you want to work for someone who couldn't write your name right on your checks? no. If you don't even take the time to use spell check how do players know you won't have the same attitude when it comes to your server?

Here is a few links to check out before making your hiring thread

How to make a proper hiring thread

Serenity is Hiring
We are currently looking for Level Artist but all applications will still be considered.

Serenity is a medieval/classic side-scroller which consist of a unique combat system. Players have the option to level through questing, player vs player combat, solo PvE or grouping with other players and participating in dungeons.

Storyline
I'm not creative enough to actually think of a storyline off the top of my head but put a short storyline here if you have one.

Our Current Team
Cubical - Scripter / Manager
Era - Player Relations and LAT
Zodiac - LAT
Graal Kingdoms - Kingdom LAT
N-Pulse - Scripter
xXZiroXx – Scripter
Zodiac – Manager/Scripter
Maloria – Manager/Scripter
Current Progress
  • All core systems are fully scripted
  • Baddies are complete
  • Combat System is complete
  • The overworld is virtually complete
  • All PvE content up to level 55 is complete

What needs to be done
  • PvE content from 55 – 70
  • Expansions to the overworld as needed after dungeons are complete
  • Events

How to apply
If you are applying to be a Level Artist I would prefer that you have some work handy to show me however it is not necessary as you will not be using the default editor.
If you are applying for anything but Level Artist please have your some of your work ready to send to us.
Depending on your work etiquette you may get compensation in the form of gelats
If you would like to apply for to work on Serenity you can either email me at [email protected], forum pm myself or Ziro or log onto serenity and PM either of us.

Screenshots

Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMUzatAHrKw

Last edited by TSAdmin; 11-17-2010 at 06:41 PM.. Reason: Fixed YouTube tag
Old 11-17-2010, 06:13 AM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Cool, I'm in an example post!

I really agree on everything, especially proper spelling - a must if you want to attract any form of competent people to work for you.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 11-17-2010, 11:08 PM
anubis_wing will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
Cool, I'm in an example post!

I really agree on everything, especially proper spelling - a must if you want to attract any form of competent people to work for you.
31th.

Also, very nice thread, kudos Cubes.
Old 11-17-2010, 06:50 AM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
Stickied this thread. It is a perfect example. You're a legend, Cubical. +Rep in a couple of hours when I can rep again.

Note: With the thread being stickied, I will lock it if replies become an issue, but for now I'll leave it open.
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·
Old 11-17-2010, 06:57 AM
ω
Seeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Seeya
brava, nice work

Last edited by TSAdmin; 11-18-2010 at 04:25 AM.. Reason: None of that, thanks.
Old 11-17-2010, 06:57 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
I'm glad we have this and the stickied rules at the top of the subforum. Maybe all those people that post without reading the bolded and all caps rules will read the second stickied thread instead.
Old 11-17-2010, 09:02 AM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
I'm glad we have this and the stickied rules at the top of the subforum. Maybe all those people that post without reading the bolded and all caps rules will read the second stickied thread instead.
Spam the rules and examples in their faces, hopefully it gets their attention somewhere.
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·
Old 11-17-2010, 05:23 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSAdmin View Post
Spam the rules and examples in their faces, hopefully it gets their attention somewhere.
Spam is only allowed in the lounge!
Old 11-17-2010, 07:10 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
How to display the delusion that your server is going somewhere itt.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:12 AM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
How to display the delusion that your server is going somewhere itt.
Already be classic when you post the thread.
Old 11-17-2010, 10:03 PM
Rjax Shizibz
Dnegel will become famous soon enough
About time someone made a really good Hiring Thread Example!

Rep+
Old 11-18-2010, 11:13 PM
Zormite
BigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond repute
Hey! Cubes is useful!
Old 11-18-2010, 11:21 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
deadmau5 is pretty sweet
Old 11-19-2010, 04:32 AM
scooter123 can only hope to improve
Nice I wish the unique battling system was true though
Old 11-19-2010, 10:18 PM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter123 View Post
Nice I wish the unique battling system was true though
I had made a combo system but I couldn't figure out why it wouldn't reset the combo when the player changed direction so I ended up getting burnt out on it.