Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2014, 08:37 PM
Deleted by Darlene159
Jakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud of
graalonline.com title

hello!

it appears that http://www.graalonline.com/ is now using a title of "GraalOnline - Home - Stephane Portha"

is this intentional?

im sure its probably accidental but in the unlikelihood that its not then it doesnt seem very professional for an online game

(also weird how "the Adventure" is used in the meta description seeing as there are no more visible adventure servers on any platform)
Old 08-05-2014, 09:32 PM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
I agree it's unprofessional. But you gotta remember players constantly rag on Stefan and unixmad and newbies don't know what a Stefan or unixmad are they just know alot of people hate them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakov_the_Jakovasaur View Post
(also weird how "the Adventure" is used in the meta description seeing as there are no more visible adventure servers on any platform)
Unholy Nation isn't a rpg yet. Era kinda falls in a category of its own but the rest are RPG. I'm toying with the idea of teaching myself to do levels better to try and make an adventure server. I was going to a long time ago then Thor released classic and it was so amazing I saw no point competing against it. Then it dissapeared.
Old 08-05-2014, 09:41 PM
Deleted by Darlene159
Jakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptless View Post
I agree it's unprofessional. But you gotta remember players constantly rag on Stefan and unixmad and newbies don't know what a Stefan or unixmad are they just know alot of people hate them.
this may be true but i dont think its the reason for the title amendment, particularly because very few players even refer to unixmad as his real name

Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptless View Post
Unholy Nation isn't a rpg yet. Era kinda falls in a category of its own but the rest are RPG. I'm toying with the idea of teaching myself to do levels better to try and make an adventure server. I was going to a long time ago then Thor released classic and it was so amazing I saw no point competing against it. Then it dissapeared.
im not suggesting that graal online is deliberately trying to mislead players, its more of an archaic term which hasnt been dropped even though its only relevant to the past

also there was a thread about a farewell party held for stefan in the classic section a week or two ago but unixmad deleted it for some reason
Old 08-05-2014, 09:58 PM
Registered Pirate Ghost
Gos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to behold
They put it there because of a website that "exposed" Stephané ranked better than other stuff related to Stephané.
Old 08-05-2014, 10:05 PM
Deleted by Darlene159
well if pc graal starts being supported now that it has his name on it then thats fine by me!
Old 08-05-2014, 11:34 PM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakov_the_Jakovasaur View Post
well if pc graal starts being supported now that it has his name on it then thats fine by me!
Lol.. pc has always been supported. Just recently low priority. I always comment that you have to remember. Stefan really just did the coding and some other minor things. Pwa and unixmad did alot to help out. But Stefan pretty much was responsible for the scripting engine. All of graal is scripted now from the login screen to the playerlist. It's really up to the players to support each other.

Do you know when the website started saying his name and can you confirm that was added and not always there I never paid attention. Maybe this is a sign that the website will be receiving some much needed updates and defragmentation. Currently there is the old site layout for gk.. and the new one for the rest but it's very awkward to find a download link. If we could get the pc Dow load front and direct like ios and android I would be happy.
Old 08-06-2014, 10:27 AM
Registered Pirate Ghost
Gos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to behold
the only reason stephane has his name in the title is so graal will show up if you search for his name, instead of all complaints about him that circulate on the net. It's called SEO, search engine optimization. All of Eurocenter's websites has his name in the titles.
Closed Thread