Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Graphic Design
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2012, 05:48 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by geneticfrog View Post
so i guess if i took the outline of a GFX and recolored/ resized it then....

i guess u never stole a gFX.

cool to know, thanks.

the evidence is there, you just are defending a friend now its pretty clear. either way i can bring up more examples but i fear his friends will come to his defence again so its quite useless.

but in the end thom knows how RPG maker influenced him.
Post the original damn image. If you can't find an image that isn't blurred to hell then pick another one since you seem to think Tom does this all the time(and brought up the accusations up on two totally different images then the ones you're claiming now).

And the ****ing outline isn't even the same. In fact it's a damn chest. A box. There isn't much possibilities for outlines. I could probably find a chest of mines that looks just as similar.

You're making these idiotic accusations and then tossing blurry images as proof with claims that make no sense.

BRING MORE EVIDENCE. Why are you scared of 'friends' defending him if they're doing so with logic and proof? I'm not defending him because he's a friend. I'm simply saying that your claims make no ****ing sense.

"OMG this chest... looks like ANOTHER CHEST. It's like omg... who would think two chests could look vaguely similar!?"
Old 03-09-2012, 05:53 AM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
I think these are the two images in question. The one on the left is Tom's (taken from the second post).

Name:  extreme_difficulty.png
Views: 102
Size:  2.8 KB

Two totally different styles with a common outline...but I'd image that tends to happen when whatever you're drawing has the shape of a rectangle!
Old 03-09-2012, 05:53 AM
geneticfrog can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to geneticfrog Send a message via MSN to geneticfrog
check out the image i just made on myself with 100% by Jer..

[IMG][/IMG]

might be similar but its mine. all mine. its a differnet size style color and everything!!!!
Old 03-09-2012, 05:56 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Whether it's a modification of something else or totally original, those two chests are not identical or even close to identical.

Also, it doesn't matter what image you start out with. It's the final product that matters.
Old 03-09-2012, 05:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draenin View Post
Whether it's a modification of something else or something totally original, those two chests are not identical or even close to identical.

Also, it doesn't matter what image you start out with. It's the final product that matters.
do they have to be?

remember in your thread about the tile set how those trees from the RPG maker game looks like the trees dusti made? while they are acutally inspired/edited from the OOOLD rpg maker trees.

it doesn't have to be identicle to be edited.
Old 03-09-2012, 05:57 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by geneticfrog View Post
check out the image i just made on myself with 100% by Jer..

[IMG][/IMG]

might be similar but its mine. all mine. its a differnet size color and everything
Here's the problem with this joke.

Your "creation" is a blatant form of plagiarism. It can actually be identified as a mild modification.

From what Salesman finally did for us, I can see no plagiarism has been committed, they're both chests and resemble chests, not each other as concepts.

Finally
Kindly shut the **** up.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 03-09-2012, 05:59 AM
thats all it takes for a GFX to be yours huh.

minor edits, thats nice to see, too bad thom knows :P.

its not the only case. xD
Old 03-09-2012, 05:59 AM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
look at me stealin'

Name:  stolen.png
Views: 197
Size:  2.5 KB
Old 03-09-2012, 06:01 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Tom's is pixel art. The one you're claiming he stole isn't even pixel art. How could he have stolen it? He didn't modify it at all because modifying it would have meant erasing it all and starting over. Even if he was inspired by the chest that's okay because inspiration is fine. Theft is not.

Also it's A GOD DAMN CHEST. ALMOST ALL CHESTS LOOK THE SAME. I just made a chest for a client and you know what? It looked like the wooden chest in the image you posted because ALL WOODEN CHESTS LOOK IDENTICAL.

Here I'll break it down for you. The chest you said Tom stole it from? Guess what. If I take your little process I can make it look like IT was stolen from any number of other chests floating around on the internet too. In fact the red one looks a lot like the chests in Zelda.

I'm done with this because I feel even if I broke down every single pixel in the images and told you why they're not stolen or in fact even referenced in any way you wouldn't get it. I normally don't say this but kindly gtfo out of my thread with your off-topic bull****.

I'm going to humor myself and try to approach this with reason and facts instead of bull****ting around with nonsense and claiming that anyone who opposes me does so because they're friends and yada yada and other half-assed attempts to justify myself.

1)
Here I'm going to take both chests and completely remove all shading to reveal the overall shape and design of the chest.

I don't see how these look even remotely similar.

2) You said Tom's chests is not 32x32 and it clearly is. However the chest YOU'RE defending does NOT fit into 32x32, but they tried to anyways. It ends up missing an entire pixel of outline on the left side.

3) Let's look at the finer details of the artwork.

Tom's chest is mostly boring, to be completely honest. Its shading is pretty typical and nothing really makes me think it's really that interesting. However if you look at the metal of the red chest you'll see a very distinct difference. The shadows jump STRAIGHT to the darkest shade. This creates a visible line of contrast often seen in metals(because metals often reflect silhouettes of their surroundings). Tom's shading on his metal is pretty boring, again. Just goes from bright highlights to a smooth shadow with buffers all the way down. Also the red chest has a visible highlight going up the entire side of the chest. This is something again, Tom's metal lacks.

4) Again, lets look at the details

Tom's chest took a very cartoony and stylistic approach to highlighting the corner of the chest. Here he inserts a very bright square to make the corners 'pop.' This is not something that makes sense as far as how light really works but it's a stylistic decision. The point is again, you do not see this very bright pop in the corner of the red chest.

5) Let's look at the overall shading technique that you apparently were trying to bring up before.

First, I will say that I'm not sure where you're expecting some magnificant difference in how they're shaded. First you criticize him for inserting a highlight that 'makes no sense' but using that very logic it wouldn't make sense for the shading of two chests depicting the same shape to NOT look the same. They both feature a cylindrical top therefor they will be dark at the bottom and they will become lighter towards the top. This is 101 stuff. However I will debunk more anyways. First, they invoke two completely different visual feelings. Tom's is again somewhat boring. It features no strong highlight on the actual chest(not the metallic border) so looks very dull and non-metallic. This is different from the chest on the right because its chest has a strong highlight that contrasts strongly and creates a visual pop giving the impression that it is metal. The borders of Tom's chest drops no shadow on the object itself, while the red chest has black drops on the right side of the metal borders that give the impression of a shadow.

6) Finally, Tom's chest is much more cartoony. It features obvious black outlines not only on the exterior but interior. It also has much simpler shading and a dull appearance. The red chest actually has no clear distinctive outlines, on the exterior or interior. The coloring/shading of the chest often bleeds over into the outlines, or they are selectively erased(for example on the LEFT side of the metallic borders there are no outlines, to simulate light from that side, while on the RIGHT side there are clear outlines, but they end up looking like shadows). And the chest on the right also lets the content break the outline to provide more depth.

You'll also notice Tim used an abnormal color to cast a shadow under the keyhole -- purple. First it implies a limited palette, something the red chest does not have and two purple compliments yellow/gold. Either way, again, it's something not seen in the red chest.

Final conclusion? They both look like chests because they're both chests.

Last edited by DustyPorViva; 03-09-2012 at 06:37 AM..
Old 03-09-2012, 06:01 AM
gotta love friends defending friends.

i know the truth.
Old 03-09-2012, 06:02 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by salesman View Post
look at me stealin'

Attachment 54363
Beautiful work of art!

I'm certain if you look at the word, Ignorant, you would find Jer's picture in underneath the definition as a reference.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 03-09-2012, 06:03 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
jer :I...lets be cool, buddy
Old 03-09-2012, 06:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
jer :I...lets be cool, buddy
lol... people are so easly fooled. XD

i dont care what people think i know the truth. ^_^

ive seen thousands uppon thousands of RPG maker items and tilesets. i have a small database on my PC. ive always been good at finding people who edit GFX. if tom was SOOO good why would he have that extra light source to the chest adding a second stripe of lighting.(noob stuff)unless the chest was in a modern indoor enviorment with many lights on the cieling PLUS the locks look almost identicle what are the chances? it sticks out worse then a red ball in a pile of white snow to me.

yet when you removed that stripe everything turns out to be the same size ^_^.(i wonder why)plus he uses the same wall tiles ive seen and same color for the black ish areas as RPG maker beacause its already on those wall tiles form RPG maker. so he has to make it blend with the rest.

what a coincidence!!!

anyways... ive had past experiences of him showing me GFX edited from RPG maker also having grown up with him.... obviously he wont addmit it and he has many friends clearly.

I know the truth, its clear as day to me.

period.

Last edited by geneticfrog; 03-09-2012 at 07:46 AM..
Old 03-09-2012, 06:28 AM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Get back on topic instead of arguing over who did what when or I'll delete half the thread.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 03-09-2012, 06:33 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigairius View Post
Get back on topic instead of arguing over who did what when or I'll delete half the thread.
Do it. This thread's better off without all the pointless bickering. Plus, I like seeing what inspires people.