FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-05-2007, 03:43 AM
Duergar
ViperZakuto is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 View Post
Wow you failed totally.

1) If a trial can accumulate hours, have stuff saved on their account and build houses I in fact consider them having the same rights as gold members except for a few differences that I do know. (they can't use the trade tables or the ferries)

2) Trial island didn't turn away a lot of people. In fact I remember a lot wanting to upgrade to gold to see what else there were.

3) Watch who you are calling kid. I am probably older then you are.

4) Just because YOU know trials now who will get a gold account doesn't mean they all will. That is an assumption that you will lose. In fact since V5 there are about 10-15 trials that refuse too. They said what everyone else but you have been saying. "Why get a gold account when my stuff gets saved". All they have to do is wait through observation mode and frankly they don't mind that it seems.

So you tell me where I am babbling. In fact I could probably bring in a few older players who would agree with me.

This thing about good business. I can agree with that to a point. What they have now is just a bloody excuse not to upgrade to gold. Tell me if you knew nothing about this game and no one on it and you are in this new trial mode and you learned your stuff is saved and you only have to put up with observer mode for a short time would you upgrade to gold. Think before you answer and be honest.
well see you said some good points there. =P

alright... there may be 10-15 people who refuse to pay... but how many older players and newer players upgraded because they didn't want restrictions? Can you tell me a number? I bet it is a lot higher than 10-15...

sorry for kid remark... just was frustrated.

it seems that the kinks still need to be worked out. And everybody has a different view on what to do. Don't take away the system... improve it. Look at other games with free accounts. they seem to do really well.

and maybe block trials from anything new that comes to gk. Like your new dungeons. I only hope this idea goes through. they are now blocked from boats, houses, trade tables, limited gui, observer mode every 10-15 mins for 1-7 mins(my longest time was 7, the longer you play the longer the time gets.), forums, and all but 1 kingdom... depends on if you have connections. Thats a good bit of restrictions.

Last edited by ViperZakuto; 09-05-2007 at 04:02 AM..
Old 09-05-2007, 04:48 AM
Dark Ravenblade
Ravenblade1979 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Ravenblade1979
Actually the numbers are low on the older players who already quit. but the current ones will upgrade and keep upgrading heh.
Old 09-05-2007, 05:18 AM
Tįri o Taurė
ReBorn_Spirit is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Actually the numbers are low on the older players who already quit. but the current ones will upgrade and keep upgrading heh.
All fine and dandy sure, but what of the VIP accounts that still are around. We going to punish them because they have a VIP account? Maybe they shouldnt get on ferry boats either. VIP means you can run around on the weekends all you want, then when its not a weekend you go back to "trial" mode. Being there are no ferry boats that let trials on, that means your vip is stuck on that stupid island now.

I have about a year of VIP time left, I don't intend to get stuck on my kingdom island when I don't have time to upgrade my gold account again. What might seem like the 6th time so far.

Not to mention I do have a second account that is trial that I use to tinker around with Luec items. Or confuse my friends a bit with XD.

Maybe instead of beating trials over the head with odd limitations, perhaps just don't let them gain experience after level 10. This would promote the idea of actually upgrading, not to mention "trial" really means to try the game out, not to play for free. I can completely agree with not allowing them in global guilds and maybe even limiting them from most of the events. But not letting them see GK for what its supposed to be with the kingdoms is just wrong. If you want them to see what GK is like but no kingdom, let them play offline for a bit to get the idea, whats the point of even taunting them online, we should atleast let them see what its like to be in a kingdom to get them interested. We do have a Graal Kingdoms gold account time to try to sell after all.
Old 09-05-2007, 06:11 AM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperZakuto View Post
alright... there may be 10-15 people who refuse to pay... but how many older players and newer players upgraded because they didn't want restrictions? Can you tell me a number? I bet it is a lot higher than 10-15...
That wouldn't have upgraded previously? Probably not many.
Old 09-05-2007, 08:09 AM
Duergar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Googi View Post
That wouldn't have upgraded previously? Probably not many.
how many new people do you see on graal? I've seen at least 7 on today that were new and gold, so there you go.
Old 09-05-2007, 03:24 PM
Dark Ravenblade
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReBorn_Spirit View Post
All fine and dandy sure, but what of the VIP accounts that still are around. We going to punish them because they have a VIP account? Maybe they shouldnt get on ferry boats either. VIP means you can run around on the weekends all you want, then when its not a weekend you go back to "trial" mode. Being there are no ferry boats that let trials on, that means your vip is stuck on that stupid island now.

I have about a year of VIP time left, I don't intend to get stuck on my kingdom island when I don't have time to upgrade my gold account again. What might seem like the 6th time so far.

Not to mention I do have a second account that is trial that I use to tinker around with Luec items. Or confuse my friends a bit with XD.

Maybe instead of beating trials over the head with odd limitations, perhaps just don't let them gain experience after level 10. This would promote the idea of actually upgrading, not to mention "trial" really means to try the game out, not to play for free. I can completely agree with not allowing them in global guilds and maybe even limiting them from most of the events. But not letting them see GK for what its supposed to be with the kingdoms is just wrong. If you want them to see what GK is like but no kingdom, let them play offline for a bit to get the idea, whats the point of even taunting them online, we should atleast let them see what its like to be in a kingdom to get them interested. We do have a Graal Kingdoms gold account time to try to sell after all.
Last I checked we were talking about trials since V5 came out. I know about VIP's and they are only allowed to really play fully on the weekends so why did you bring them up?

I don't want trials in events and they can do that. They just get the "upgrade" thing on their screen because they are smart and subscribe through the gui. Having them goto a kingdom island...well w/e I can give that up. Not like there's anything to do besides build and maintain a house.

Yes some are getting sold on the gold accounts but what about those that just don't care too? I think after a certain amount of time a message should appear that the account is limited to bomboria and everything said trial got is locked for X amount of days so they best upgrade.

What I am sick of is this babying. Oh let them upgrade when they want. yeah sure then something like yesterday happens. What I thought was a gold account was selling a RoT and I offered 25 dias on the trade tables and then the person is telling me he's a trial. Oh that made me very angry.

If anything step 1 should be a tag thats automatically added no matter what they change their nickname too. Something like (Guest). That way then can be identified. I for one am sick of having to continue to look at profiles to see who is gold and who isn't.
Old 09-05-2007, 06:22 PM
Duergar
Quote:
If anything step 1 should be a tag thats automatically added no matter what they change their nickname too. Something like (Guest). That way then can be identified. I for one am sick of having to continue to look at profiles to see who is gold and who isn't.
this is the reason bjorn added my idea of the upgradestatus in the profile... just right click the person or the name on playerlist and if they are trial... it will say trial
Old 09-05-2007, 10:46 PM
Tįri o Taurė
ReBorn_Spirit is on a distinguished road
Trials not being allowed to kingdoms has its own impact to the actual people that play the server. The initial request was actaully to fix many of the bugs about the trials being on GK. Was not meant to get more limitations or to argue about what they should or should not be able to do.

All I wanted was to remove the annoying hassle of returning trials to main through the dungeon, simply allowing the ferry boats was the thing I was getting at. Not about how they shouldnt be able to get to kingdom, but how they could. If you really want to limit that, FINE, let them use the ferry only once a day. -_- Just make sure the stupid ferry doesnt accidentally drop them off on the dock before their trip begins like I've seen a few hundred times on my own gold account.
Old 09-06-2007, 11:02 PM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Quote:
how many new people do you see on graal? I've seen at least 7 on today that were new and gold, so there you go.
There were new golds every day before v5 too.
Old 09-07-2007, 01:50 AM
Duergar
Quote:
There were new golds every day before v5 too.
I'm talking about people with 0-5 hours
Old 09-07-2007, 03:05 AM
A Serious Epidemic
Quote:
I'm talking about people with 0-5 hours
So am I?
Old 09-07-2007, 03:07 AM
Dark Ravenblade
Quote:
this is the reason bjorn added my idea of the upgradestatus in the profile... just right click the person or the name on playerlist and if they are trial... it will say trial
Exactly my idea was to eliminate the need to look at their profile and this isn't anything new. You have always been able to see their status via the profile.
Old 09-07-2007, 04:48 AM
Duergar
Quote:
Exactly my idea was to eliminate the need to look at their profile and this isn't anything new. You have always been able to see their status via the profile.
it is that hard to right click?

refer to your post that you posted 3 years ago.

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...t=trial&page=2

just read the second post and what bjorn said to me. =P I also suggested making there names a certain color.

Bjorn is commenting me saying i like that idea. A few days later... it was added. I do not... I repeat DO NOT take credit for anything that I don't do... but i like credit for my ideas that get added.

Quote:
So am I?
v5 came out at least a month ago... i seriously doubt that many, if not any, of those people have 5 hours or less... let me buy this new game to play it 5 hours then quit for a month x.x

Last edited by ViperZakuto; 09-07-2007 at 05:03 AM..
Old 09-07-2007, 05:08 AM
A Serious Epidemic
Quote:
v5 came out at least a month ago... i seriously doubt that many, if not any, of those people have 5 hours or less... let me buy this new game to play it 5 hours then quit for a month x.x
I'm saying that new players were still signing up and upgrading before v5, not that those same players are still new.
Old 09-07-2007, 05:11 AM
Duergar
ok look at how many people upgraded to gold in the first month of v5. look at the last month of 4v for people who upgraded to gold. compare those numbers for me someone. then we will have our answer.