Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2014, 07:33 PM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Stefan, are there any updates?
Old 08-09-2014, 04:08 AM
Administrator
unixmad is a name known to allunixmad is a name known to allunixmad is a name known to all
Update1 : We are testing the new Windows version and we will release it probably next week if we don't have big bugs.

Update2: We will open next a Playerworld Facebook App so Playerworld owners and Staff will be able to test the Server on facebook. The Server could be potentially open to all facebook players, the decision to open or not will be based on Quality and Originality.

Update3: We are planning to release an iOS and Android client to allow development of PlayerWorld on Mobiles. More information on this will come later.
Old 08-09-2014, 04:38 AM
Deleted by Darlene159
Jakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by unixmad View Post
Update1 : We are testing the new Windows version and we will release it probably next week if we don't have big bugs.

Update2: We will open next a Playerworld Facebook App so Playerworld owners and Staff will be able to test the Server on facebook. The Server could be potentially open to all facebook players, the decision to open or not will be based on Quality and Originality.

Update3: We are planning to release an iOS and Android client to allow development of PlayerWorld on Mobiles. More information on this will come later.
thank you!

Quote:
the only significant bug im aware of on the previously released mac client is that player, npc and GuiShowimgCtrl.actor attr[] do not work properly when the values begin within an integer while the value itself is a string, for example - "2 0 1". subsequently it is also impossible to tokenize these attr[] values even after using the previous hacky solution of concatenating them with @

im not sure how much this affects the various servers but storing attr[] values in such a manner and implementing an optimised system to parse them can be a powerful method of communicating between clients

Quote:
the decision to open or not will be based on Quality and Originality.
does this mean we could see servers such as pc era and pc classic on facebook? afterall they do provide other qualities compared to their mobile counterparts and are the original incarnations of their respective server names.

plus if graal kingdoms is going to be integrated with facebook while iGK is in development as a separate project then it shouldnt be a problem
Old 08-10-2014, 10:55 PM
Graal Developer
Rave_J can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to Rave_J Send a message via MSN to Rave_J Send a message via Yahoo to Rave_J
I am wondering how developing a server will work on mobile device. Think about the data usage damn everything has to be online is going to be extreme high.
Old 08-10-2014, 10:58 PM
Registered Pirate Ghost
Gos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rave_J View Post
I am wondering how developing a server will work on mobile device. Think about the data usage damn everything has to be online is going to be extreme high.
Ever heard of wifi?
Old 08-11-2014, 01:52 AM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gos_pira View Post
Ever heard of wifi?
Sadly, so people do not have WiFi. And to make matters worse some companies now force pay-per-usage and you have to buy GB of data to be able to use it. The world wants to transit to this new model but the consumer doesn't. We prefer to be worry free and not restricted.
Old 08-11-2014, 02:18 AM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
I still have unlimited Data and unlimited hotspot, yay verizon!
Old 08-11-2014, 02:33 AM
Blah64 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptless View Post
Sadly, so people do not have WiFi. And to make matters worse some companies now force pay-per-usage and you have to buy GB of data to be able to use it. The world wants to transit to this new model but the consumer doesn't. We prefer to be worry free and not restricted.
If that's the case, then just don't develop on mobile devices.

If you can't afford to do something, then you can't afford to do something.

Realistically, if one doesn't have access to an internet connection, wi-fi or otherwise, then MMO gaming prolly isn't something one should invest his/her time in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrimps View Post
I still have unlimited Data and unlimited hotspot, yay verizon!
I am only slightly jealous. I had to give mine up when I got a new phone. However, I never come anywhere near my data usage cap because of the abundance of free wi-fi everywhere, and I have heard that Verizon limits the speed of the remaining unlimited data users nowadays anyways.
Old 08-11-2014, 02:43 AM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
I still have unlimited with AT&T when I bought my iPhone 3Gs. Right before the 4 came out and they removed unlimited. So it's not a problem for me. Also you have to remember most gaming doesn't take up that much data. And yes both verizon and at&t throttle down unlimited data at a certain point. To what speed's I do not know but I am sure you still have speeds similar to what we had in 1998 when graal came out, if not better !

Also I don't see where unixmad says it will be online editors. They may be offline with online tools to add after you have edited. Similar to how PC development works. Until it has been officially seen we cannot know.
Old 08-11-2014, 04:37 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptless View Post
And yes both verizon and at&t throttle down unlimited data at a certain point. To what speed's I do not know but I am sure you still have speeds similar to what we had in 1998 when graal came out, if not better !
Just adding numbers: I measured 0.3/0.2 Mbps with 2500ms latency last time I was throttled by AT&T for using too much of my unlimited data.
Old 08-11-2014, 10:18 PM
Graal Developer
Rave_J can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to Rave_J Send a message via MSN to Rave_J Send a message via Yahoo to Rave_J
Unixmad,
Are you able to program everything on a mobile phone or is some things will be required to log on to a pc to do example is creating a gani or making graphics ?

I think would be nice to have different servers packages like
pc servers = cost this much
mobile/flash servers = cost this much

with mobile come with default movement system and chat system etc.
I do feel that pc servers prices should be lower down from what they are at now.
Old 08-16-2014, 04:50 PM
callimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
something in game i've started a long time ago (like a year ago), wasn't bothered to finish it yet (things like mass filling need a fix, change tilesets, toggle to either show the NPCs images if existing or the white frame etc)
in theory it also does work on mobiles, only had the chance to test it on my phone which doesnt have such a huge screen. probably would be better on a tablet which i don't own. bottom screenshot was made with my phone
you can place links (warps), signs and scripts, just like on the actual editor

(just in case, top icons aren't mine. i believe dusty or aeko made them back then for another level editor project)

Old 08-16-2014, 04:58 PM
PiX will become famous soon enough
The iOS and android client will be more for testing things on mobile. I do not know why you would want do development work from a mobile device.
Old 08-16-2014, 05:18 PM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Probably wouldn't be too bad to do basic development such as levels on a mobile device. I bet I could get away with scripting with a bluetooth keyboard.
Old 08-16-2014, 07:06 PM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Rocks View Post
Probably wouldn't be too bad to do basic development such as levels on a mobile device. I bet I could get away with scripting with a bluetooth keyboard.
Stefan mentioned that iOS can only support bluetooth on text input. So it might actually be possible. Don't know if he has it incorporated into graal tho.

Personally I think phone screens are to small for dev work. Tablets hold more promise, and with them getting cheaper all the time tablets are becoming more common.

I can say from experience with my tablet that developing for graal has been fun with it. Tho I use a 1st gen surface pro tablet. So it's running full windows 8.1 update 1.

I think we could get more benefit from these tools tho if they were offline not using your internet data. Could get messy trying to do pure online because those people who are not staff on that server probably would not be able to use them. Just a thought, why not separate apps for these that work offline?

Also, callimuc, thats pretty sexy looking editor you made there. I like it.