Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2012, 04:38 PM
Kingdoms Management
NicoX will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to NicoX Send a message via MSN to NicoX
Everybody should stop putting work into Graal and lets see how Graal turns out at all...

-Nico
(GK Management)

Clash: Nico, I'm going to give you an example of good management.
Clash: One of my staff removed my RC and banned me.
Clash: I didn't ban or remove their RC after I got another one to fix me.
Clash: Do you know why?
Björn: Because you IP banned him ?

Stefan logged on.
(npcserver) has reset the attributes of Stefan
*Stefan: ah my client crashed

Old 07-28-2012, 06:20 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoX View Post
Everybody should stop putting work into Graal and lets see how Graal turns out at all...
I would disagree with this, we've already seen Graal's management are happy enough to let a server on the Gold tab rot indefinitely. Plus who would ultimately be losing out?
Old 07-28-2012, 07:04 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
There will always be iClassic players willing to "one up" others, and PC Graal doesn't mean much to CJ anymore anyway so...
Old 07-28-2012, 07:07 PM
Kingdoms Management
NicoX will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to NicoX Send a message via MSN to NicoX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
There will always be iClassic players willing to "one up" others, and PC Graal doesn't mean much to CJ anymore anyway so...
Im sure if the Developers would go into a "strike" they would feel it badly. But this will never happen I guess

-Nico
(GK Management)

Clash: Nico, I'm going to give you an example of good management.
Clash: One of my staff removed my RC and banned me.
Clash: I didn't ban or remove their RC after I got another one to fix me.
Clash: Do you know why?
Björn: Because you IP banned him ?

Stefan logged on.
(npcserver) has reset the attributes of Stefan
*Stefan: ah my client crashed

Old 07-28-2012, 07:13 PM
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Im sure if the Developers would go into a "strike" they would feel it badly. But this will never happen I guess
iClassic players are not hard to please.
Old 07-29-2012, 04:23 PM
Hezzy002 is a jewel in the roughHezzy002 is a jewel in the rough
iClassic has zero talent on its staff team. iEra's close behind. Half of the people developing for those servers didn't even know that pixel art, programming existed until they started playing on the iPhone servers. It's basically a huge amount of mediocre developers *****footing their way into more content. The way people "script" on the iPhone is horrible; I've seen it. They just look at tons of other scripts and piece them together in random ways until they get something remotely close to what they want. It's pathetic and horrible.
Old 07-29-2012, 08:13 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hezzy002 View Post
iClassic has zero talent on its staff team. iEra's close behind. Half of the people developing for those servers didn't even know that pixel art, programming existed until they started playing on the iPhone servers. It's basically a huge amount of mediocre developers *****footing their way into more content. The way people "script" on the iPhone is horrible; I've seen it. They just look at tons of other scripts and piece them together in random ways until they get something remotely close to what they want. It's pathetic and horrible.
Sounds like how Graal used to be before all of us turned into giant jerks. I kinda miss it.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 07-29-2012, 11:39 PM
skillmaster19 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
scripting for iPhone is incredibly limited unlike pc. You have to use practically no loops or timeouts because of how slow the iDevices are. There are so few things you can do so that explains why most the items are really simple. On pc you can script rather carelessly and stuff will still work smoothly since pcs have generally much faster cpus. On iPhone you have to make a lot of optimizations so you don't lag.
Old 07-29-2012, 11:44 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
Originally Posted by skillmaster19 View Post
scripting for iPhone is incredibly limited unlike pc. You have to use practically no loops or timeouts because of how slow the iDevices are. There are so few things you can do so that explains why most the items are really simple. On pc you can script rather carelessly and stuff will still work smoothly since pcs have generally much faster cpus. On iPhone you have to make a lot of optimizations so you don't lag.
Sorry, but lack of loops/timeouts is not an excuse to not create quality code. Some of the stuff I've seen on iEra is... urgh.

I'm not making a big deal out of it though, because all of us started out with pretty crappy code I'd imagine. I enjoy seeing new players going through the same learning process I did over 10 years ago.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 07-30-2012, 12:16 AM
Quote:
You mean how just about all of us were when we were new to Graal?
Old 08-22-2012, 06:39 AM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Alright Stefan now that you're back from your vacation I thought I'd bump this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
So about 2 and a half weeks ago I emailed Stefan + Unix for the 2nd time (first time was ignored again) a German, French and English copy of Classic's micro-transaction plans.
Incredibly, I got a response just 2 minutes later. My astonishment quickly turned into disappointment however, when I read the reply of:

Quote:
Stefan: Can't you just do it in English, I feel stupid when receiving such mails.
The reason this is funny is not because the email did happen to include the original English copy, but because it implies it would have been read and/or replied to.

Stefan, if there is anything you should feel stupid about, it is the fact that you think of yourself as both a game designer and a business man, while utterly failing to even acknowledge the massive flaws, as well as the proposed solutions or requests for clarification, concerning the cancer you call observer mode.
Either you are ignorant of just how detrimental to gameplay observer mode is, or you are knowingly neglecting an issue which is bad for PC Graal's business.
And I also thought I'd show the response you shockingly managed to muster to my latest email:

Quote:
Stefan: you mean helping with Gelat items and getting rid of observer mode, or more about future developements?
Seems you were either taking the piss or have a ridiculously short memory.

We have a production-ready server of a particularly high quality imminently awaiting going live, which is perfectly capable of supporting a micro-transaction scheme, has a stable and experienced staff team, and has a high level of scripted security and monitoring. Yet the level of response I have received from you over the last 10 months, regarding the planning and preparation we have put so much effort towards has been utterly pathetic.

I get the fact iPhone is your golden goose and so PC Graal is a low priority, but it would not exist if not for the efforts of countless volunteer developers past and present, yet you still take take take, and never give back, not unless it benefits you directly. How many years were developers asking for you to implement a method to determine the killer with default hit detection?
You ignored these requests for all those years, right up until you yourself required it. I bet if someone offered a port of Graal that allowed a 1:1 transition of servers, a fair subscription policy, and no legal consequences, the vast majority of developers would jump ship.

I haven't even been demanding that you approve such plans, merely that you at least acknowledge them and give a decent response, basically show that you actually give a damn about this game. While I am extremely disappointed with the level of response, the one saving grace is that you do not deserve to be receiving any additional revenue from PC Graal.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:31 AM
Jazz teh Awesome
oo_jazz_oo is a jewel in the roughoo_jazz_oo is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to oo_jazz_oo
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by skillmaster19 View Post
You know, I rarely post on these forums any more, but I just gotta say how wrong you are...you obviously have no clue what you're talking about. At all.

I am part of iClassics staff team, and to say I have no talent is rather insulting. Or to say that Jerret has no talent. Or to say anyone else for that matter.

And scripting on the iPhone is limited, but not in the ways you have said.
If you can script efficiently and know what you're doing, its not hard. Its identical to scripting on PC.
So...before you go off on the iClassic staff or development, educate yourself.

Old 08-22-2012, 07:15 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
Sorry, but lack of loops/timeouts is not an excuse to not create quality code. Some of the stuff I've seen on iEra is... urgh.
Which scripts? The code in general is well organized, optimized, documented.
Old 08-23-2012, 05:53 AM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
Because this thread is about The Facebook/Web version of Graal

Also to Dusty's comment about the context of iClassic, I couldn't agree more from a gaming psychology point of view

Old 08-23-2012, 08:19 PM
iphone era sad litle mads
Felix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Felix_Xenophobe
do people actually play fb graal
Originally Posted by Tashkin
I have done 10x the amount any previous EA has done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 View Post
What you need is Zone Police again.