Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2012, 02:17 AM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanDaMan View Post
Graal needs a Marketing Team to advertise properly and always has done. Spark910 gave it a shot a long time ago whilst being a Game Master but no one has bothered since to my acknowledgement. It's such a shame especially with the success of iPhone servers you would think as a business they would invest in such a department to bring in more customers or at least an advocate team who communicate with higher staff in relating topics.
I would agree that there should be greater efforts to market, advertise and promote the game, something I try to do as often as what's reasonable for a UC server via Youtube, albeit to an existing audience. Serious attempts to accomplish this however would largely be a waste of time, as it matters little how much effort you put towards advertising something with such a high price, comparatively few players, and with restrictions prohibitive towards new players properly experiencing the game.

One of the suggestions Stefan did give to me when he initially responded was that we should make trials upgrade to gold in order to "unlock" the later quests. Lets ignore the issue of such quests being intended to help attract new players in the first place, and put things into perspective.
How much did the latest Zelda game cost in comparison to the price of Gold?
Old 07-28-2012, 03:00 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Advertising a game as "free" and then closing off a portion of the game for paid players is a good way to piss people off. Pay for looks and that's about all you should be able to pay for. It's enough for every other MMO out there, and even the working method for iClassic, so I don't see why they'd try to push anything different on the PC servers.
Old 07-28-2012, 03:30 AM
The Muffin Man
Tricxta is a jewel in the roughTricxta is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Advertising a game as "free" and then closing off a portion of the game for paid players is a good way to piss people off. Pay for looks and that's about all you should be able to pay for. It's enough for every other MMO out there, and even the working method for iClassic, so I don't see why they'd try to push anything different on the PC servers.
Correction, it might've started off with just looks but now it has become guild houses, houses, outfit slots, VIP exclusive rooms, and I might've missed some.

Either way, if you don't play on the iServers you're missing out on a good portion of gameplay still.
Old 07-28-2012, 04:03 AM
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricxta View Post
Correction, it might've started off with just looks but now it has become guild houses, houses, outfit slots, VIP exclusive rooms, and I might've missed some.

Either way, if you don't play on the iServers you're missing out on a good portion of gameplay still.
All of that can be purchased with in-game money. You have to remember that on PC Graal currently they're using a gralat system separate from in-game currency.

Anyways, houses? Aesthetic. They serve no gameplay purpose right now, you just get to pretty up a room and show it to others. No different than decorating your player body. Outfit slots? Again, that just expands the character customization aspect of the game. VIP exclusive rooms are nothing but get-together rooms for VIP people(not like VIP has THAT much going for it), do people even go there? Again, you can't compare a VIP room to a quest. I could play iClassic(if I really ever played it) and not really feel left out for not buying any of that stuff.
Old 07-28-2012, 04:05 AM
Hezzy002 is a jewel in the roughHezzy002 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
All of that can be purchased with in-game money. You have to remember that on PC Graal currently they're using a gralat system separate from in-game currency.

Anyways, houses? Aesthetic. They serve no gameplay purpose right now, you just get to pretty up a room and show it to others. No different than decorating your player body. Outfit slots? Again, that just expands the character customization aspect of the game. VIP exclusive rooms are nothing but get-together rooms for VIP people(not like VIP has THAT much going for it), do people even go there? Again, you can't compare a VIP room to a quest. I could play iClassic(if I really ever played it) and not really feel left out for not buying any of that stuff.
So what you're basically saying is that the entire game is aesthetic, maybe with exception to sparring and the guild tower takeover things?

You know, that's pretty much exactly right.
Old 07-28-2012, 04:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hezzy002 View Post
So what you're basically saying is that the entire game is aesthetic, maybe with exception to sparring and the guild tower takeover things?

You know, that's pretty much exactly right.
It is pretty much a large dress-up game with a chat room. But you can earn money in the game if you have the patience for it. This can't be done on PC because of the segregated currency system(not to mention unifying the currency like on the iOS market would have problems as any ol' staff could just hand out money), so the only way you'd be able to access those end-game quests would be to actually shell out real money. In the end though, nothing of major content is hidden away for those who pay, and anyone can spar, PK, quest(pitiful example as there are less than a handful on the iPhone server).
Old 07-28-2012, 04:33 AM
graal player lord
Imperialistic is a jewel in the roughImperialistic is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
You must not be familiar with unixmad (Stephane Portha). I would recommend doing an old school google search on him. He is known for stealing, and I'm sure he is going to do everything he can in order to get a dollar. All of the staff(globals) that run this game are not paid, unlike any other game.. and possibly illegal?
Old 07-28-2012, 05:10 AM
Skyzer Zolderon
ff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of lightff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of lightff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to ff7chocoboknight Send a message via MSN to ff7chocoboknight
Global staff and developers voluntarily work and create content for the game.

If the voluntary developers no longer wish to do it volunarily--let's call it a strike, Graal will have a large problem when content isn't being created or it's being half-assed by sub-par developers.
Old 07-28-2012, 05:16 AM
graal player lord
Quote:
Originally Posted by ff7chocoboknight View Post
Global staff and developers voluntarily work and create content for the game.

If the voluntary developers no longer wish to do it volunarily--let's call it a strike, Graal will have a large problem when content isn't being created or it's being half-assed by sub-par developers.
God damnit **** *** **** ur ****ing signature.

on topic: Yeahh.. voluntarily my ass.
Old 07-28-2012, 05:47 AM
Skyzer Zolderon
ff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of lightff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of lightff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to ff7chocoboknight Send a message via MSN to ff7chocoboknight
How is it not voluntary? Players are taking time out of their day to work on a game for free.
Old 07-28-2012, 05:52 AM
graal player lord
Quote:
Players are taking time out of their day to work on a game for free.
need i say more?

Do you see Admin's on WoW or any other game putting in all the effort... for free?
Old 07-28-2012, 07:08 AM
Führer Glazey
dude2020 is a jewel in the roughdude2020 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperialistic View Post
You must not be familiar with unixmad (Stephane Portha). I would recommend doing an old school google search on him. He is known for stealing, and I'm sure he is going to do everything he can in order to get a dollar. All of the staff(globals) that run this game are not paid, unlike any other game.. and possibly illegal?
Actually did google this,
why isn't he in jail, seriously. The best part about all this, someone posted about it on these forums and Darlene deleted that thread.

He can get away with not paying people on this game because it's all volunteer work (Which is absurd, some if not most of these people actually do amazing and creative things for nothing at all). They post that this isn't a paying position and cycle through the community for developers and globals so he can be lazy and get all the profits.
Old 07-28-2012, 07:38 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
As a developer, I would rather see Stefan give some attention to PC Graal than to get paid for my work. There are some very simple things he could do to make life a whole lot easier for us. I think that would go a lot farther in motivating staff members than profit sharing would.
Old 07-28-2012, 08:31 AM
Skyzer Zolderon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperialistic View Post
need i say more?

Do you see Admin's on WoW or any other game putting in all the effort... for free?
Are you dense? You're trying to argue with me and we are both saying the same thing.
Old 07-28-2012, 09:04 AM
Führer Glazey
dude2020 is a jewel in the roughdude2020 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Are you dense? You're trying to argue with me and we are both saying the same thing.
It's not exactly voluntarily, if people don't develop, then players get no new content.

also.. I'd like to put it out there that there are developers that put stuff out for free that's amazing....

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude2020 View Post
yadadada
Neg rep with the comment being "uninformed", pls explein. I'd like to be informed