Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Why do you like gangs?
Raiding 33 58.93%
Role-play 16 28.57%
Working my way up the ranks 20 35.71%
Gang Events 13 23.21%
Other (please share) 2 3.57%
I do not like gangs 12 21.43%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.33 average. Display Modes
Old 11-01-2009, 02:09 PM
!
Andre2006 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Andre2006
I liked the old gang system where you had to purchase your own gang for what 20k? and then you had about 10,000 points to start with and like every minute or so another gang had your gang base you lost about 2 points. This way you had to be active and have good pkers in order to keep ur gang up and running.

I remember when I bought a gang, I failed so hard when those Foray Crew came idling in my base, they had what like 50 members? haha and I gave the ownership to someone else. Then I decided to give it another shot and made some gang called Mafia Brothers and well, that gang stayed alive a long time until we just quit graal =).

Or the old businesses where you boughta busienss for 20k and had to buy license, that worked well too (THIS IS MY OPINION)
Old 11-01-2009, 10:04 PM
Venom_Fish is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Venom_Fish
Those were S-Gangs. They were horrible.

I do indeed doubt most of the input here will be used in the actual system, in all probable sense less than 20 percent of it will be used. If you pay close attention, he stated "I've been working on the Gang System" or something of the sort, meaning he's made some sort of progress without these inputs. However, I do think the poll (minus the those who don't like gangs :: don't know why it was even an option :: ) will actually have a larger impact than the input you're all giving. In anywho, I agree with the poll!

Minus the last option.

Raiding most important
Ranks second most important
Roleplay third
Events Fourth!

As long as you add bonuses, touchups along those lines. I'm game, but you'll probably do some slapshot version and it'll probably change gangs as a whole, giving us a 50 percent chance of hating gangs, or really loving them. Its a gamble
Old 11-28-2009, 08:14 PM
Lucsian is an unknown quantity at this point
One of my things about gangs that I dislike currently is "Ganghopping". I just think there should be a sort of 24 hour time period after you quit a gang to join another one. This would make gangs more "tight" and promote loyalty and respect I think. Of course this would be different if you were removed, then there would be no penalty. Of course I miss gang guns (should have been on the poll list). But yeah if this was already suggested my fault, I just didn't feel like reading through all of the pages.
Old 11-28-2009, 08:51 PM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucsian View Post
One of my things about gangs that I dislike currently is "Ganghopping". I just think there should be a sort of 24 hour time period after you quit a gang to join another one. This would make gangs more "tight" and promote loyalty and respect I think. Of course this would be different if you were removed, then there would be no penalty. Of course I miss gang guns (should have been on the poll list). But yeah if this was already suggested my fault, I just didn't feel like reading through all of the pages.
The gang system I'm working on tries to create incentives for staying in a gang and penalties for leaving. Nothing that would completely prevent you from leaving if you're miserable in a gang, but enough to hopefully make you a little more loyal.
Old 11-28-2009, 10:47 PM
xChugxLifex
Frankie is a jewel in the roughFrankie is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Frankie Send a message via MSN to Frankie
gang loyalty is strictly on the player. there's really not much you can do to try and make people be loyal to gangs ;o
Old 11-28-2009, 11:55 PM
Rjax Shizibz
Dnegel will become famous soon enough
Im tired of people massing like : "Ahh, BH your base sucks." (From a guy in BB for example.)

Then 4 hours later he's in BH and says "BB I took a dump in your base."

Makes me just angry, I mostly just say to myself :"Kids..."
Old 11-29-2009, 12:26 AM
Luda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Luda
I think gangs are very bad and ruin modern day society. There is too much graffiti on our beautiful concrete buildings, children are dying and mothers are crying.
Old 11-29-2009, 12:39 AM
Rjax Shizibz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luda View Post
I think gangs are very bad and ruin modern day society. There is too much graffiti on our beautiful concrete buildings, children are dying and mothers are crying.
That is correct.
Old 11-29-2009, 05:20 AM
Banned
LoStSuRfEr1 is on a distinguished road
MORE ROLEPLAYING MIXED WITH PLAYER KILLING ! It used to be so much fun role playing with (Ninja) or when PPA and Core Electronics used to rp and stuff I dont know.....
Old 11-30-2009, 08:37 PM
Lucsian is an unknown quantity at this point
Yea it relys strictly on the player as far as loyalty goes but what I meant was make gangs more official instead of being able to just hop into as many gangs as you want in a matter of one day. I hate it when there is a gang event coming up and people just leave and join other gangs JUST for that event and JUST for that day.
Old 12-06-2009, 06:36 PM
Venom_Fish is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Venom_Fish
Ganghopping is noot entirely reliant on the player, if anything the leader(s) play the largest role in this. If Gang Leaders took a stand on ganghopping, players lose that luxury partially, if not completely.

Like I've stated repeatedly, a gang is what you (Leaders) make it. If gangs want to be official, who's stopping them? Raven and I made Tachi "Official", at will. A gang system can't fix a lot of problems we have with gangs now.

According to the description of the new system, the chances are heightened due to gang leadership being available to all. Rather than 4 people at a time, alleviates a waiting list, I assume.

(Ignore alot of errors, typing on mobile phone)
Old 12-07-2009, 06:34 AM
MontyPython is a jewel in the roughMontyPython is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom_Fish View Post
(Ignore alot of errors, typing on mobile phone)
Don't worry, you did well.

If you hadn't have said anything, I wouldn't have known.
Old 12-07-2009, 06:57 AM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
gang loyalty is strictly on the player. there's really not much you can do to try and make people be loyal to gangs ;o
You can't make someone stay, but you can definitely give them incentive to pick a gang and actually stick with it. It's not that hard. Grant special privileges to those who are loyal, and deny them to those who are not. One off of the top of my head:

Each player will have his/her own stats for the gang they are in, and leaving a gang will reset those stats. Having a certain amount of points in a gang will allow you to use the gang weapon (if the leader permits it), participate in matches/events, etc.
Old 12-07-2009, 04:54 PM
Rjax Shizibz
Quote:
Originally Posted by salesman View Post
Each player will have his/her own stats for the gang they are in, and leaving a gang will reset those stats. Having a certain amount of points in a gang will allow you to use the gang weapon (if the leader permits it), participate in matches/events, etc.
Sounds great, it's so annoying when people change gang each day.
Old 12-07-2009, 07:04 PM
God-Emperor of Era
cheesemanfred is on a distinguished road
Loyalty is what typically allows people to get power now, but with gang guns or other improvements, it's just more important. This creates tight knit groups of friends on the game, which makes the game more fun. Without friends to talk to on the game, it's much more difficult to have fun with it.