Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Your opinion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-11-2011, 03:12 AM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilSmith View Post
They lowered the initial price because they knew they could get money by other means.
The initial price was free?
Old 05-11-2011, 03:12 AM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattKan
Quote:
I don't understand why you are all so mad at the game now.
Well, in the initital post of this thread, a great point was made about customization being taken away from the server.
On the other hand, free-to-play games, if unbalanced, could result in some consumers paying extremely large amounts of money, and we can certainly not expect to build a good relationship with our consumers in this fashion. In order to have a favorable long-term relationship, we would like to offer free-to-play games that are balanced and reasonable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unximad
Eurocenter Games remains attached to the values of indies game developer and to the service our playerbase community.
Old 05-11-2011, 03:19 AM
Workin' on It
PhilSmith is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
The initial price was free?
Not sure where you got that from my post. I actually meant that they made it free to play because they knew they could make money elsewhere. Sorry that was a mistake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKan View Post
Well, in the initital post of this thread, a great point was made about customization being taken away from the server.
It was a well made point, however there is no customization being taken away. You pay the $1 for the game and get an amount of looks. These looks are pleanty for a new player to develop their own style. The rest are items in game to enhance game play. It's not like they only give you access to 2 looks and expect you to buy your look after buying customization.
Old 05-11-2011, 05:48 AM
David K?
Devil_Lord2 can only hope to improve
Quote:
I don't think you guys understand... They lowered the initial price because they knew they could get money by other means. Plus, there has been economy involved in the game since graal started. I don't understand why you are all so mad at the game now. I made the (VERY EASY) choice a while ago to not buy crap on servers. If I really want it, I'll work hard enough to make the money to buy it. It's just like real life.
I haven't spent a penny on it.. :o

Digital Media Artist - David K? </3 (UnLoved)
www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz

Old 05-11-2011, 06:32 AM
Jazz teh Awesome
oo_jazz_oo is a jewel in the roughoo_jazz_oo is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to oo_jazz_oo
Quote:
It was a well made point, however there is no customization being taken away. You pay the $1 for the game and get an amount of looks. These looks are pleanty for a new player to develop their own style. The rest are items in game to enhance game play. It's not like they only give you access to 2 looks and expect you to buy your look after buying customization.
Well, yes, you pay for the game and you get to choose a shield from the ones that were uploaded (for free, mind you).

If you want your own shield, like most people do, you can no longer upload it for free...the 16,000+ shields that were uploaded before, were uploaded for free. Now you are expected to pay a dollar per shield? Its just not fair.

I would have never thought in a million years that uploading would cost money.
Players have uploaded custom outfits on Graal since its conception...now they decide they want to mess that up.

Old 05-11-2011, 09:00 AM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
makes it easier for staff / players, why not.
1787 uploads since Sun Apr 10 16:28:02 2011
Old 05-11-2011, 09:41 AM
The Muffin Man
Tricxta is a jewel in the roughTricxta is a jewel in the rough
yer thats true but now isnt there a method that you iStaff have that uploads automatically for you?
quoted from iClassic news:
Quote:
You can upload directly at tinyurl.com/classicupload,no more waiting weeks to get things uploaded.
Or have I entirely mis-interpreted this?
Old 05-11-2011, 09:59 AM
Jazz teh Awesome
oo_jazz_oo is a jewel in the roughoo_jazz_oo is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to oo_jazz_oo
Quote:
Originally Posted by xAndrewx View Post
I havn't played Era iPhone, but does it take (literally) hours to get enough money to upload?

Thats my main point here...if you are going to put such a price into place, there should at least be a reasonable way to obtain enough money. Because, currently, there isn't on Classic iPhone.

Old 05-11-2011, 12:06 PM
-Pixel Ravenix
Snake980 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by oo_jazz_oo View Post
I havn't played Era iPhone, but does it take (literally) hours to get enough money to upload?

Thats my main point here...if you are going to put such a price into place, there should at least be a reasonable way to obtain enough money. Because, currently, there isn't on Classic iPhone.
ehh on Era iPhone there's a number of ways to make money. It takes time, but you can split it up and make so much money each day so you're not constantly working. Kind of like when you mine on PC Era; or if you want you can buy Gralats from iTunes.
Old 05-11-2011, 03:07 PM
Owner of MrNothersan
mrnothersan is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to mrnothersan Send a message via MSN to mrnothersan
i think they should keep the new system for the rich people who want mega fast uploads, but also keep the old system with slow uploads for the poor people... who agrees

Regards
MrNothersan - Playerworld owner

Staff Hirings Thread for MrNothersan: http://forums.graalonline.com/forums....php?p=1639180

Old 05-11-2011, 04:13 PM
David K?
Quote:
Hmm.. I guess I don't mind the harder / free way to send an email from the same computer I created the image from...

Or in simpler terms, clicking the mail icon on my desktop / dockbar, new message, typing 'clas' to get to [email protected] (Graal Staff), clicking upload and sending... Oh, almost forgot about typing ATTN: Shield w/e..

I don't know the 'easier' way that is expensive, but I'd imagine it goes almost the same way with having to be on a computer, and uploading your file while taking the steps to get onto the website. Possibly explain to me how it is easier for players o.o? And more worth it?

I mean with Taylor Richaard, it isn't like these uploads are personal/private as they were more when people had to get iFile to steal..

However,

FACEBOOK:

David K Graal
Stupid thing is anyone can use your shield or sword. They all go up on Taylor Richaard which means you are paying for everyone else to use them. There are no guild or personal shields or swords... At least on iFile it's only 1 of every 20 people playing the game who can get it, now it's about 1 of every 4 people on the game who can...

Depends on how badly you want something uploaded.
19 hours ago · Like

Stefan Knorr
We could theoretically protect the shield or sword from being used by other people, although they could also just take the gfx and upload themself.
18 hours ago · Unlike · 3 people

David K Graal Do it!
Having to pay for the shields and swords makes it so that there are less people to submit, not to mention staff members have less to sort through to 'try' and make sure they aren't submitting doubles.. I like that idea!
18 hours ago · Like

Stefan did talk about this on Pimpsy's status, and a few of us think it is a great idea.
http://www.facebook.com/permalink.ph...00001248129618

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnothersan View Post
i think they should keep the new system for the rich people who want mega fast uploads, but also keep the old system with slow uploads for the poor people... who agrees
Sounds okay.. Gives GPs more work to do though, because they would then have two systems to go through lol..

www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz

Old 05-11-2011, 04:34 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnothersan View Post
The point of the new system was to replace the old one. The charging aspect of it is just unixmad's greed manifesting itself. In the Era thread it was 20k for a head, so if those prices carry over it will become even more obvious.

unixmad will slowly but surely run this platform into the ground as well as he's done before.
Old 05-11-2011, 04:39 PM
David K?
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
The point of the new system was to replace the old one. The charging aspect of it is just unixmad's greed manifesting itself. In the Era thread it was 20k for a head, so if those prices carry over it will become even more obvious.

unixmad will slowly but surely run this platform into the ground as well as he's done before.
fowlplay4, I must admit I'm slightly upset from this post.

Because it says I can't positive rep you for a while.

www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz

Old 05-11-2011, 07:20 PM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
charging for it on iEra was my idea.
Old 05-11-2011, 07:36 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
charging for it on iEra was my idea.
I believe we've found our unixmad2 then.