Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Bug Report
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average. Display Modes
Old 05-09-2009, 10:27 PM
Script-fu
Skyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Skyld
Exclamation Mac v6 beta test

This thread is to keep a track of bugs with the Mac Beta client. Items marked in gray have been fixed. When posting a bug, please say whether you are using the PowerPC 32, Intel 32 or Intel 64 client.

Bugs affecting all architectures

Ctrl-Click on the map is not warping the player.

Ctrl-Click on a player is not opening profile (although right-clicking with an external mouse does work).

Escaping is somewhat broken. If you type a ' (single quotemark) into Scripted RC (or anyone else does, for that matter), it appears as '' (two single quotemarks). It seems actually that this happens when using string.escape() clientside (probably because of the SQLite escaping change).
It doesn't seem possible to select multiple items in a GuiMLTextListCtrl using the mouse in any way. I think this is also linked to the modifier keys being ignored as above, just selecting one new item and clearing the last. (Ctrl is used for right-click so we can't use that).

Bugs affecting Intel 32-bit only

On GuiMLTextCtrls and GuiMLTextEditCtrls, the lines are closer together than the 64-bit client.

Bugs affecting Intel 64-bit only

Text shadows are not taking the the same alpha as the text (TShowImg) and are always displaying solid, even if the text alpha is 0. Edit: The shadow alpha should be multiplied by the text alpha so that shadows are not left behind by accident (see Era message GUI).

Last edited by Skyld; 01-15-2011 at 05:32 PM..
Old 05-10-2009, 12:25 AM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
The slowness on gmap might be a script, would be good to check it with /clientstats.

Wondering where I can find some heavy particle script on a graal server, need to test the particle engine speed (must be in-game, not gui).
Old 05-10-2009, 12:58 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
The slowness on gmap might be a script, would be good to check it with /clientstats.

Wondering where I can find some heavy particle script on a graal server, need to test the particle engine speed (must be in-game, not gui).
On Era, warpto 30 30 era_chris-lag.nw

It's what I originally used to test the Mac client myself, it works quite well.

Here's my bug report as well: http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...6&postcount=30
Old 05-10-2009, 07:54 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyld View Post
Ctrl-click or right-click doesn't seem to open profile windows.
Middle-click might; it opens context menus in F7 and other GUIs.
Old 05-10-2009, 09:09 PM
the fake one
I just confirmed this with Skyld/my brother (both using the new client, though my brother isn't using the 64-bit one).

When shooting "over" a wall on a modern server, it means you're getting as close to a wall as you can, and then shooting...

which works fine. However, on the new Mac client, you're able to shoot over 3-tile walls with the same guns as other players who are not able to shoot over it, with the same x/y as far as I can tell. On the screen of the people shooting the gun over the 3 tiles, the bullets do not appear to pass. However, for everyone else, the bullets do pass, and they can be hit by them.

Definitely something that should be fixed, otherwise a ton of origins will have to be changed on various servers.
Old 05-11-2009, 03:15 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Problem with particles found, will also speed up the drawing.
Update: particle drawing is now (next version) always using the new faster rendering (when there is only one emitter.particle), this also fixed some display errors.

Last edited by Admins; 05-11-2009 at 04:18 PM..
Old 05-11-2009, 07:06 PM
Graal Administration
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
On Era, warpto 30 30 era_chris-lag.nw

It's what I originally used to test the Mac client myself, it works quite well.
Doesn't change cpu usage a lot

Update: updated the client, fixed the particles, shadowed text, md5, right-click in main window.

Last edited by Admins; 05-18-2009 at 01:45 AM..
Old 07-22-2009, 09:30 PM
Graal Administration
The bug list needs to be updated, at least in my version the trigger stuff has been fixed.
The GuiMLTextListCtrl is now behaving more like the Windows playerlist control, what keys should be used instead of that on the Mac to have a more mac-like behaviour?
Old 07-22-2009, 10:08 PM
Vima is an unknown quantity at this point
I remember when I was playing with the mac intel compatible version of graal I had a few bugs like:
- When I pressed ctrl I automatically walked for example to the left, I had to press ctrl again to make it stop.

- Couldn't warp by pressing the "m" button and then ctrl+click.

and I certinately didn't like the F7 button.
Mainly because I couldn't warp to people trough the playerlist.
Old 07-22-2009, 10:37 PM
cyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vima View Post
and I certinately didn't like the F7 button.
Mainly because I couldn't warp to people trough the playerlist.
If you login to the login2 server you'll get the updated playerlist with a warp button.
Old 07-23-2009, 03:59 PM
Script-fu
Skyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud of
Quote:
The GuiMLTextListCtrl is now behaving more like the Windows playerlist control, what keys should be used instead of that on the Mac to have a more mac-like behaviour?
Ideally Cmd-A to select all, and holding Cmd or Shift while clicking to add to the selection (like Finder).
Old 07-23-2009, 04:38 PM
Graal Administration
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyld View Post
Text shadows are not taking the the same alpha as the text (TShowImg) and are always displaying solid, even if the text alpha is 0.
Feature
- shadow for text (GUI, showimgs) can have a different alpha value than the text itself
Old 07-23-2009, 04:41 PM
Script-fu
Quote:
Feature
- shadow for text (GUI, showimgs) can have a different alpha value than the text itself
Weird. The 32-bit client keeps the text and the shadow with the same alpha. Is it possible to make it use old behaviour unless a custom shadow alpha has been specified?

It causes problems with things like the Era message system where the shadows somehow stay there after the message has disappeared:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 2.png
Views:	975
Size:	24.4 KB
ID:	49024
Old 07-23-2009, 11:00 PM
Graal Administration
Yes, could be possible to multiply text alpha and shadow alpha
Old 07-24-2009, 08:43 AM
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ...ᶘ ಠᴥಠᶅ❤...ℳℴℯ
Clockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant future
I see all 2 of the mac users are having problems :o....keep up the work!

Tags
graal v6, mac