Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-07-2007, 05:27 AM
Dark Ravenblade
Ravenblade1979 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Ravenblade1979
god this is just stupid now.
Old 09-07-2007, 05:42 AM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperZakuto View Post
ok look at how many people upgraded to gold in the first month of v5. look at the last month of 4v for people who upgraded to gold. compare those numbers for me someone. then we will have our answer.
They're pretty much the same.
Old 09-07-2007, 05:50 AM
Duergar
ViperZakuto is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Googi View Post
They're pretty much the same.
and you know this how? please provide reliable sources.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 View Post
god this is just stupid now.
well i'm gonna let my voice be heard because I think this new trial thing is good for the whole of gk. Look into the future. If the stuff that people worked on ever gets put in gk. then it will be even better. I remember Malinko telling me he finished all them new maps he was working on for gk... but nobody ever put them in??? why is most stuff that is made for gk never put in... like the current kingdom items system.. it seems to work right on debug, or at least it used to.

You guys are trying to get rid of the new trial system.. and i protest it what is wrong with that?
Old 09-07-2007, 07:29 AM
My empire of dirt
Twinny is just really niceTwinny is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Twinny
Quote:
They are as intangible as your sources
Old 09-07-2007, 08:42 AM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Quote:
I know because I keep an eye on new players coming into the server and whether or not they're trial or gold. Obviously the only ones capable of keeping an actual accurate record of new subscriptions is the top Graal administration themselves, and they don't release the records (and you already knew this). However, that there has been no substantial increase in new gold players can be pretty much inferred from the failure of the server playercount to rise and the pretty dismal (often 50/50 or even higher) trial/gold playercount split on the server.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:22 AM
Duergar
Quote:
I know because I keep an eye on new players coming into the server and whether or not they're trial or gold. Obviously the only ones capable of keeping an actual accurate record of new subscriptions is the top Graal administration themselves, and they don't release the records (and you already knew this). However, that there has been no substantial increase in new gold players can be pretty much inferred from the failure of the server playercount to rise and the pretty dismal (often 50/50 or even higher) trial/gold playercount split on the server.

ok then they need to release more items for more players... aparently it isn't hurting the cashflow at all as you said it's about the same... give or take a few.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinny View Post
They are as intangible as your sources
I was just making sure he wasn't pulling this out of his ass. lol He gave a good explanation. If he didn't know what he was talking about he wouldn't have given as detailed of info. Which makes it believable... but not fact.
Old 09-07-2007, 05:59 PM
Dark Ravenblade
Ravenblade1979 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Ravenblade1979
Umm no we aren't wanting to out them but I for one am sick of them having the ability to store stuff on their account and accumulate hours. Yes while I have admitted that YOU know trials who have upgraded there is a ton who don't want too. Plain and simple. I just want trials back to the way they were or something stricter put in place.
Old 09-07-2007, 08:44 PM
A Serious Epidemic
Quote:
ok then they need to release more items for more players... aparently it isn't hurting the cashflow at all as you said it's about the same... give or take a few.
If people are just playing as trials instead of upgrading, then cash flow is less than it potentially could be.
Old 09-07-2007, 09:52 PM
Duergar
Quote:
If people are just playing as trials instead of upgrading, then cash flow is less than it potentially could be.
well those people would "potentially" not be playing if they couldn't save. So more than likeley they would not have subscribed anyways...

oh yeah look at your 50/50 ratio now lol it is 1/6 of the player are trial... not 1/2... It has been this way for about 2 days now hmmmm.

Since when does 1/6 equal 1/2? lol
Old 09-07-2007, 10:25 PM
A Serious Epidemic
Quote:
well those people would "potentially" not be playing if they couldn't save. So more than likeley they would not have subscribed anyways...
Them not playing is better than them playing just as trials. Trials playing costs Graal money due to bandwidth consumption.

Quote:
It has been this way for about 2 days now hmmmm.
Wrong. I checked yesterday and it was about 50/50. Generally speaking, the trial/gold ratio is low when the playercount is low and high when the playercount is 30+.
Old 09-07-2007, 11:10 PM
Duergar
Quote:
Them not playing is better than them playing just as trials. Trials playing costs Graal money due to bandwidth consumption.

Wrong. I checked yesterday and it was about 50/50. Generally speaking, the trial/gold ratio is low when the playercount is low and high when the playercount is 30+.
just because there is 50 percent of the people on that are trial at one point in time... does not mean that all of that percent is not gonna upgrade...

GK is only allowed so much bandwith for so many dollars. it's not like he has to pay more when there are 30 people on, then when there is 5 people on. When you pay for bandwith you don't pay as you go. you buy a maximum... and GK can hold 100+ people.. I haven't seen 100+ people on sice jagen and lance got fired.

so your wrong! until we get enough beople to reach the maximum bandwith... then it costs him nothing...

Edit** The playercount was at 23. there was still only a 21 percent ratio of trial/gold. still waiting to see 50 percent.

Last edited by ViperZakuto; 09-08-2007 at 01:02 AM..
Old 09-08-2007, 05:37 AM
hi
seanthien is on a distinguished road
I don't even need to read the damn thread. V5 With the whole trial and ''observer'' stuff was bull, and raped server populations in my opinion.
Old 09-08-2007, 06:08 AM
A Serious Epidemic
Quote:
just because there is 50 percent of the people on that are trial at one point in time... does not mean that all of that percent is not gonna upgrade...
I'm not saying this. I've said that people are upgrading. We should get more to upgrade by giving them incentives to do so by doing things like placing an exp cap on trials.

Quote:
GK is only allowed so much bandwith for so many dollars. it's not like he has to pay more when there are 30 people on, then when there is 5 people on. When you pay for bandwith you don't pay as you go. you buy a maximum... and GK can hold 100+ people.. I haven't seen 100+ people on sice jagen and lance got fired.
You're referring to bandwidth in terms of maximum data transfer speed, I'm referring to it in terms of total allowed data transfer amount. Generally you buy a fixed amount of this as well and so you have to pay for it even if you don't use all of it, but (if you're smart) you try to avoid buying much more than you think you're likely to need. Unixmad has cited bandwidth costs as being a problem.
Old 09-08-2007, 07:53 AM
Duergar
Quote:
I'm not saying this. I've said that people are upgrading. We should get more to upgrade by giving them incentives to do so by doing things like placing an exp cap on trials.
must have missed you saying this. sorry if i did.

I agree with putting a cap on lvl for trials. that would solve a lot. lets say lvl 20? also put a cap of lvl 5 or whatever on each individual stat.

also would gold members who transfer to trial get dropped back down to cap? maybe make there cap a few lvls higher if possible. and if you were gold/vip a few lvls more than gold?

If that was possible that would satisfy a lot of people.
Old 09-08-2007, 12:32 PM
That one guy...
zokemon is a jewel in the roughzokemon is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to zokemon Send a message via AIM to zokemon Send a message via MSN to zokemon Send a message via Yahoo to zokemon
Quote:
must have missed you saying this. sorry if i did.

I agree with putting a cap on lvl for trials. that would solve a lot. lets say lvl 20? also put a cap of lvl 5 or whatever on each individual stat.

also would gold members who transfer to trial get dropped back down to cap? maybe make there cap a few lvls higher if possible. and if you were gold/vip a few lvls more than gold?

If that was possible that would satisfy a lot of people.
Lose exp because your subscription expires?