Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Bomy Island Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2016, 06:24 AM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
Bomy-Human morpher

I have added the Bomy-Human morpher to the admin house for now. Just say "morph" at the unstick location to change your race for free.

This also exists at the bomy trading location on Mt Antora, but many new players will want to change their race starting out.
Old 10-01-2016, 12:02 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
sweet
Old 10-04-2016, 06:19 PM
Woman
Lyndzey is a jewel in the roughLyndzey is a jewel in the rough
this is great, now we don't need to hire anyone for the account reset team (ART) that had the sole responsibility of resetting accounts when people wanted to change races. i used to be asst ART admin nbd
Old 10-04-2016, 06:37 PM
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndzey View Post
this is great, now we don't need to hire anyone for the account reset team (ART) that had the sole responsibility of resetting accounts when people wanted to change races. i used to be asst ART admin nbd
did u even get rc?!
Old 10-04-2016, 06:48 PM
LimetasticSlushy has a spectacular aura aboutLimetasticSlushy has a spectacular aura about
Perhaps in the future a fee would be appropriate. Otherwise this could be abused severely. For example, a player could buy apple seeds at the lower rate for a bomy then go back and grow the apples as a human then go off and make snow cones.
Old 10-05-2016, 08:45 AM
PlanetOscar is just really nicePlanetOscar is just really nice
^
Old 10-05-2016, 11:32 AM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
There was a fee before actually of 50g, I took it off because new players would take a long time to get 50g from pearl diving just to morph
Old 10-10-2016, 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamaeru View Post
There was a fee before actually of 50g, I took it off because new players would take a long time to get 50g from pearl diving just to morph
do people actually enjoy being a bomy?
Old 10-11-2016, 01:03 AM
G2k1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
do people actually enjoy being a bomy?
Yeah, I do. It's actually really fun. A few days ago I fixed the bomy quest. I suggest bringing at least one other bomy friend if you want to try it.

You get a lot of new players who log on, and when they see that they have a choice of race between Human and Bomy they instantly pick Bomy. Then without really giving the game a chance or learning how to play they start complaining within the first 20 minutes of playing "I can't walk diagonally" and stuff like that. It happens so often that I almost started believing that playing as a Bomy might not be fun, so I reset my own account and picked Bomy to see for myself. It turns out they are just a vocal minority of casual gamers who want instant gratification out of games, kind of like this guy:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty
Spent 30 minutes and earned 2 gralats. Logged off. Forgot how massive the overworld was and how long it took to walk places. Top it off with how mazelike the overworld is and no maps at all and I got pretty frustrated actually exploring.
Quote:
It just makes it feel more rewarding than spending 15 minutes to gain a gralat, even though I know if things are priced higher it goes the same distance.
Quote:
it goes the same distance.
Old 10-11-2016, 12:24 PM
oh i see. also lol shots fired @dusty
Old 10-11-2016, 07:51 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamaeru View Post
It turns out they are just a vocal minority of casual gamers who want instant gratification out of games, kind of like this guy:
Quote:
even though I know
You forgot when I stated that I knew it wasn't logical, but that it has a more rewarding feeling. I'd rather hit a rock 5 times and get 1 gralat than hit a rock 100 times and get 20 gralats. It's more enjoyable because you're not sitting in the same spot, hitting the same exact rock 100 times.

But bread making doesn't even give you that much, you have to spam the button(no you can't hold it) 100 times to get 1 gralat.

But whatever, don't listen to criticism because you've got your nostalgia glasses on. Hell, I was even constructive with my criticism and explained my reasons, but go ahead and be a **** about it.
Old 10-11-2016, 09:10 PM
G2k1
Not trying to argue about the merits of having real value behind an in game currency versus inflating it for the casuals to feel rich. Nor trying to be a ****, just pointing out the fact that you made a criticism and then in the next statement contradicted yourself with a Freudian slip of realism. I thought it was pretty funny, jeez take a joke.
Old 10-11-2016, 11:15 PM
Joe Cruddas (VIP)
gravator has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
But bread making doesn't even give you that much, you have to spam the button(no you can't hold it) 100 times to get 1 gralat.
Holding D plus TAB lets you auto roll the dough without getting hand cramps.
Old 10-11-2016, 11:19 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
saying "casuals" over and over like it's an actual metric makes you sound retarded

"anyone who disagrees with me is a casual and their input doesn't matter"

sounds like someone with bias *****ing about people with a bias that isn't his

and for that matter, graal has and always will be a "casual" game anyway
Old 10-12-2016, 12:10 AM
G2k1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
saying "casuals" ... like it's an actual metric makes you sound retarded

Quote:
and for that matter, graal has and always will be a "casual" game anyway

You can't make this stuff up.