Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms > Information
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-31-2015, 10:11 AM
luke1005 is an unknown quantity at this point
Information about PVE - Updated as of 31/08/2015

So ive been trying to get as much information as i can in regards to tanking monsters and i think ive gathered a few tid-bits of useful information regarding AC and some monsters.

Ill start by giving some information regarding AC.
As of 07/14/2015 AC calculations were changed to stop people from being immune. 90 AC is now essentially the hardcap for AC. This means that any AC above 90 is useless. Their will be no difference in damage taken between 90ac and 200ac.

Id also like to talk about how to get higher AC.
A lot of people know the normal way of just EA'ing your gear. But Holy Possession (HP) also increases your AC by a large amount (Depending on wisdom level and i believe the god can also affect this). That being said as many people already know the AC on your chest is shared with the AC on your bracer (only the highest takes affect). What a lot of people do not know, is that its not just the chest and bracer that is shared, its also Holy Possession. So in short, if you have a high wisdom level, their is no reason to EA your chest or your bracer, or even care if the 2 slots have AC on them at all.

Now that i have gotten what i wanted to say about AC out of the way, ill move onto resists.
From what i can tell/have been told, resists are the attributes which are actually supposed to reduce the damage you take. AC is just an attribute which changes the hit chance. So if you were to go fight an Ice Fiend, you'd want high cold/physical resist. Where as if you were to fight a fire Rage Bomy you'd want a high fire resist.
Now i am not 100% sure on the effectiveness of the resists, as magic seems to work fine (If you have 90% you take 90% reduced magic damage), but phys seems to not work, and the rest seem to have a diminished effectiveness (I believe the number shown when you open your inventory doesn't take into account any formula being used). So maybe those numbers need to be changed.

From this point this post will take on more of a guide format to PVE.
This will not be focused on leveling, more on grinding dungeons/bosses for items (You may have to be max phys for some of these notes to mean anything)

Whilst playing GK i have took note of a few easy ways to kill certain bosses and farm dungeons.
Ill start with dungeons and work my way up to bosses.

West Haunted House
Equip a Stick Thrower of the Messiah of Bile +7 and you'll be able to kill everything in this dungeons with around 4 arrows.

East Haunted House
This is currently being changed, but before you could just use a Stick Thrower of the Messiah of Bile +7 to kill things pretty quickly (Around 1-15 arrows usually)

North Haunted House
For this dungeon you want a bow that is blessed of Brigid. It also helps if this bow is prepped.

Christmas Dungeon
Again here we can just use a bow that is blessed of Brigid to kill just about every mob (Ice Fiend, Ice Priest, Zombie) everything else can be killed with a weapon that is blessed of bile.

Crypt
Their is one really easy way of doing crypt, set up two directors opposite each other, stand in between them and cast Holy Word. If Kvasir is far away use a bow to aggro him. May take a couple of attempts.

Ghost Pirate Captain
To kill the Ghost Pirate Captain, you first have to kill his army outside, to do this setup some directors and use the same method as crypt. Once inside you'll find its impossible to solo Ghost Pirate Captain, although he can be killed by 2 people.
You need one person with a fully prepd dagger (must have atleast ghosthit, recommend any damaging attacktype possible), 90 AC and atleast 600HP (recommended 700).
The other person needs to be Brigid and preferably an Elf.

The person with the dagger will attack GPC and do so repeatedly whilst the Brigid player will repeatedly heal the attacker whenever he drops to or below 350ish HP.

It takes some time but he will die.
If 4 bombs or so spawn on you, use your head and run away.

Another way to kill GPC is likely a bug so it will not be posted.

Crystal Dungeon
Clearing the crystal dungeon can be pretty hard since it has a one shot mechanic. So ill go into detail about what happens during the fight and how to avoid it.
The first thing you'll have to look out for is the boss going immune to certain attacks (either melee or ranged), whichever he goes immune to, do not attack him with that type or you will die.

Another thing to worry about is the boss going full-immune and spawning 4 ads called Magi. These will cast spells and generally they are nothing to worry about unless you are very weak to magic.

The biggest problem and what usually clears full partys is that from the top of the room a wave of ice flys down to the bottom with a gap in it somewhere. You have to stand in this gap otherwise you will die.

Now that the main mechanics are out of the way, ill give some tips on how to survive and kill it.

The ice waves happen whenever the magis spawn, and whenever the magis die. Knowing this can help alot.
The boss seems to be susceptible to ghosthit, as a prepd ghosthit sword can hit for over 1000.
To receive loot from the boss you have to attack the boss atleast once.

This information can be used for both normal and hard-mode Golem.
And remember to always get the quest for hard-mode Golem.

Rage Bomys
Rage bomys are pretty damn hard to kill, you essentially want to use the exact same tactic as for killing ghost pirate captain, one healer and one attacker.
Old 08-31-2015, 10:30 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Everything you know is about to change.
Old 08-31-2015, 10:33 AM
luke1005 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draenin View Post
Eh ill update it when stuff changes.
Hopefully more solo content though?? ;c
Old 08-31-2015, 10:34 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Quote:
Originally Posted by luke1005 View Post
Eh ill update it when stuff changes.
Hopefully more solo content though?? ;c
Probably. At least until you reach endgame content.
Old 08-31-2015, 11:18 AM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draenin View Post
What is this Narnia?!
Old 08-31-2015, 12:58 PM
Cubes is a jewel in the roughCubes is a jewel in the rough
It's based off your wisdom stat. A level 1 can give a 6ac holy possession if they have 30 wisdom.

Large fireball is best skill and will 1 shot everything.
Old 08-31-2015, 02:57 PM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
Also this~
Attuned: Abjuration
For me it adds +1 AC at level 107 Holy Possession.
I don't know if it has any other uses, but this is one Essence found.