Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-11-2014, 10:15 PM
Eclipse is a jewel in the roughEclipse is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Eclipse
/inventory

Why did we remove the option to toggle to the old inventory?

Last edited by Darlene159; 08-12-2014 at 01:26 AM.. Reason: No need to insult people
Old 08-11-2014, 11:17 PM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Wow, how dare he.
Old 08-11-2014, 11:21 PM
Cool Guy 5000
MonkeyBob has a spectacular aura about
Gasp!
Old 08-11-2014, 11:39 PM
Banned
Godzilla has a spectacular aura about
In all honesty, I'm just as furious as Eclipse is about this. Your inventory is fine, just isn't for me or any of the people I have played with. /inventory became a regular command I typed in when logging on, when I logged in 10 minutes ago and it was said that it wasn't a command I thought I made a typo, I tried again and now I'm on the verge of quitting.

Not only is the team gotten to the point of uselessness, you're no longer caring about what the **** people want and only what you want, completely ****ing gangs by not having your system fully ready, creating 2 gangs which we know will never be balanced or fair now deleting something most of us have used for 10+ years. Note that this server is FULL of oldbies, we understand you're trying to create change for newer-players to have an easier ride but don't remove our option to stick with what we know and what we love.

Understand that your inventory isn't for everyone and create an option to tick in the options box or let us keep using /inventory

Pick your ****ing game up, all of you, get useful or get out. Don't force a change that isn't needed, you're just pissing people off now.
Old 08-11-2014, 11:54 PM
Eclipse is a jewel in the roughEclipse is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Eclipse
according to him, hes improving the server by taking away the things we love
Old 08-12-2014, 12:05 AM
TheLinkMan2002 will become famous soon enough
It doesn't matter what is done ever, you'll all just ***** and complain no matter what. NONE OF YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT YOU WANT! Think from Tim's shoes for once, all the time and effort he's put into all these new things and all he gets is whining and people treating him like ****. If you think you can do better, by all means step right up. If you havent noticed he's the only one actually working on new things. If we keep clinging to the past and refusing change the game is going to die.....
Old 08-12-2014, 12:29 AM
Senator Amsel Zephlyn
Spikedude will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLinkMan2002 View Post
It doesn't matter what is done ever, you'll all just ***** and complain no matter what. NONE OF YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT YOU WANT! Think from Tim's shoes for once, all the time and effort he's put into all these new things and all he gets is whining and people treating him like ****. If you think you can do better, by all means step right up. If you havent noticed he's the only one actually working on new things. If we keep clinging to the past and refusing change the game is going to die.....
Exactly (mostly).

You guys constantly say how you want to move forward with the server. One way to do so is to get rid of the ridiculous outdated GUIs and replace them with better full-featured ones. It's hard to add new features to the game when you have to script everything to work with both systems - especially if you keep doing that with every system that gets revamped.
Old 08-12-2014, 12:44 AM
Banned
Godzilla has a spectacular aura about
Why was the option to switch back even removed? I don't see how that benefits everyone at all. Now you're catering to people who know nothing other than what they see.

You talked about how you wanted to move forward with Era, we all agreed but I don't see us moving at all? I see corrupt useless staff sitting in the same positions as they have been for years doing nothing.

All I have seen for a while now is Tim, doing whatever he can, when he can. Why is he solo carrying the team to a better future?

Now he has decided to no longer cater to everyone but only the people who have no idea there was another inventory that you could toggle.

It's easy to move forward, It's easy to create hype, It's easy to do everything you stated you would do but all I see is your team pissing off half of the player-count in the process.
Old 08-12-2014, 12:52 AM
Graal Developer
Rave_J can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to Rave_J Send a message via MSN to Rave_J Send a message via Yahoo to Rave_J
I think the old inventory is better to be honest. I hate how the tabs and **** glitch on displaying items sometimes like example i drop 1k lead it and shows i still have 1k lead on me. There was nothing wrong with having a /inventory so if people want to use it still they can. Sorry Tim but your inventory is annoying
Old 08-12-2014, 12:55 AM
Still wasting time here?
Scoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Scoper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikedude View Post
Exactly (mostly).

You guys constantly say how you want to move forward with the server. One way to do so is to get rid of the ridiculous outdated GUIs and replace them with better full-featured ones. It's hard to add new features to the game when you have to script everything to work with both systems - especially if you keep doing that with every system that gets revamped.
I was going to heavily side with the upset people here, but if you have to script things individually per system, then that makes sense. Some warning would have been nice, though.

Optimization woooooo

"I don't believe that right choice confers immunity. I no longer believe in reward. I simply believe that choices must be made regardless of their chances of success. And so I've come here."
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodykiller View Post
take my liver but not my classic accounts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohola_KinG View Post
That's the type of guy you are. Never wrong, always right. Headache material you are.
Old 08-12-2014, 01:03 AM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoper View Post
Some warning would have been nice, though.
It's been up for like 6 months as the primary one. Other things were intertwined with it, so the old one got scrapped after having no unique features left.

I hated it at first, then I got tired of toggling it and in the end, it's just better overall lol. Forgot there was an old inventory until I saw this crying.
Old 08-12-2014, 01:09 AM
Alfonso :3
Dragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Dragon551 Send a message via MSN to Dragon551
Wait, it's been removed?

Please, put it back.

---------------------
---------------------
#AGT
Old 08-12-2014, 02:23 AM
Graal Developer
Rave_J can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to Rave_J Send a message via MSN to Rave_J Send a message via Yahoo to Rave_J
why does Tim inventory puts my iron in the food tab ???
Also when you deposit money it still show that you have the money still on you when you don't
example i had 11k on me when i deposit my money it still show i had 11k on me when i didn't.

Last edited by Rave_J; 08-12-2014 at 02:35 AM..
Old 08-12-2014, 02:37 AM
TheLinkMan2002 will become famous soon enough
These are things that should be filed under the support center/bug report. things like these can't be fixed unless people know the issues exist, and there are plenty of avenues to do this through the game itself.
Old 08-12-2014, 02:46 AM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rave_J View Post
why does Tim inventory puts my iron in the food tab ???
Also when you deposit money it still show that you have the money still on you when you don't
example i had 11k on me when i deposit my money it still show i had 11k on me when i didn't.
Cash icon will always remain in your inventory, and the iron is in the food tab because you put it there. It doesn't mis-sort anything. Just drag it to another tab.