Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Gani Construction
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2009, 01:55 PM
Petrification of a Newbie
Darklux is a jewel in the roughDarklux is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to Darklux Send a message via AIM to Darklux Send a message via Yahoo to Darklux
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
It looks quite good, may be we could improve it together to make it a nice online- gani editor ?
I guess it would have been your job at the first place,
its cool that atleast someone out of the playerbase has published a good coded ganishop.

I hope that a level editor will be released, too, sometimes.
Old 03-26-2009, 10:45 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by fragman85 View Post
No.
No.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSAdmin View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this line:

style = $pref::Video::defaultguistyle;

just making it take your own, custom GUI style which would differ from player to player? Otherwise, in-script, editable to just not have a style that is anything other than the default blue?
It does, but Graal comes with only the "Toon" style, and I have never downloaded another (they are all really glitchy, plus they're only used in a few cases; generally Login/Skills server are the only time I see them).
Old 03-29-2009, 05:40 PM
Ignorance has no future
Unkownsoldier is on a distinguished road
How come this new version is not working for me?
Old 03-31-2009, 04:47 AM
A decade of fun~ 'w'
linkrulz4 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to linkrulz4
This is great news! With this, due to me having to play Graal on my Mac, I'll be able to hold out until V6 comes out. I hope to see an on-client Graal Editor in the future, as I miss my developer tools from when I still had a PC.
Old 04-18-2009, 05:45 PM
Zodiac-Dev Devolopment
Skatertay is on a distinguished road
Thats a very well done tool....!

Nice 1 JV!
Old 01-07-2010, 11:08 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
I've worked a little bit more on this, it can handle now ATTACHSPRITE and ATTACHSPRITE2 (e.g. for zone/kingdom ganis):
I know im bumping an old as hell thread but is the script still around there? Because a up to date online gani shop is a nice thing and if theres more features to have it sounds like something I could use lol

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 01-08-2010, 01:16 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulg0reSama View Post
I know im bumping an old as hell thread but is the script still around there? Because a up to date online gani shop is a nice thing and if theres more features to have it sounds like something I could use lol
It's in the first post, and Stefan's version on the 3rd (should probably use that).
Old 01-08-2010, 01:47 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
I've worked a little bit more on this, it can handle now ATTACHSPRITE and ATTACHSPRITE2 (e.g. for zone/kingdom ganis):
I meant by this post, I shouldve quoted and made a quick connection to it, sorry for the misunderstanding i meant this update. because Ive yet to see this that's all

Old 01-08-2010, 01:56 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
I'd love to see a functionality that 3ds Max 7 uses to select multiple objects: Shift+click adds an object to the selection, and ctrl+click removes it. For example, I could click on a body sprite, then shift+click on the head, then shift+click on the shield, and then use a button to attach all the selected sprites into one?
Old 01-08-2010, 02:46 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
That seems a bit overcomplicating for ganiing dusty, I mean it sounds good on paper but how would that work on the real thing and from how that process would go it seems like the old fashioned way would go faster.

I'd like to state that ive found two things odd.

1. No dragging function works once you place down the sprite onto the board, unless you gotta hold down some button than I couldn't catch it.
2. Once you place down a sprite it wouldn't allow me to delete a selected sprite, Because you know when you gani there's sometimes a chance that you may find a way to make the gani look better but you need a different sprite to do it so hell you'd delete. That's the irritating part about this, Other than that I like this so far.

Would like to know if maybe im missing something or what

Last edited by Fulg0reSama; 01-08-2010 at 03:02 PM..
Old 01-08-2010, 03:14 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
That seems a bit overcomplicating for ganiing dusty, I mean it sounds good on paper but how would that work on the real thing and from how that process would go it seems like the old fashioned way would go faster.
Here's an example from my experience. On Bomy Island we use 17-ish different attributes, and 15 of those are solely for the body and clothing. Generally if I want to create an animation, I have to edit 16 different things for every single frame I want, and that'd just be for the character. With Dusty's idea/suggestion I'd be able to couple all of the body and clothing together if I just wanted to move those, or copy all of the head frames to move them down all at once. It would make for a much faster, less frustrating, and a lot more fluid creation.
Old 01-08-2010, 03:20 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
Here's an example from my experience. On Bomy Island we use 17-ish different attributes, and 15 of those are solely for the body and clothing. Generally if I want to create an animation, I have to edit 16 different things for every single frame I want, and that'd just be for the character. With Dusty's idea/suggestion I'd be able to couple all of the body and clothing together if I just wanted to move those, or copy all of the head frames to move them down all at once. It would make for a much faster, less frustrating, and a lot more fluid creation.
Okay.. That now actually helps me get a better idea of how this could go. It looks like a good idea. A visual would help me better perhaps.

Now let me ask are you saying like...

Classification of sprites?

Example: bodyformonsterherename-1 to... 57.

And for crazy irony they're all same the same type.

You'd simply throw them into that classification, Than by selection you could perhaps mousewheel through them and throw it out right there?

2 hours of consciousness and my mind's gears are still running slow.

Old 01-08-2010, 04:11 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
How is it overcomplicating? It's simplifying matters immensely. In fact, the only way to attach sprites right now as far as I know is by manually typing it out in the gani text file.

However, as far as visualizing it goes... it's hard to explain. Basically it lets you select and control multiple objects. Like I said, I select(click on) the body sprite in the gani. I can move the body around while it's selected. However, if I have a gani I have to sit and move each and every sprite in the gani by themselves. This is cumbersome. However, most of the time programs let you drag a box around the canvas and it selects all objects within the box. That's cool, BUT, it can also be inaccurate. That's where ctrl+click and shift+click come into play. It lets you control what's in the selection by removing and adding objects manually. So say I have a sprite with a body, head, hat and shield. I want to treat the head, hat and body as one object for later manipulation(IE as one object via attachsprite). I drag a box around the sprite and select everything, but that includes the shield. I don't want the shield as part of the selection, so all I have to do is ctrl+click the shield and it gets removed from the selection. Now I can bound the rest as one object via attachsprite. In the end this makes working with many sprites much easier.

I also suggest that along with selecting multiple sprites, the ability to move/delete/manipulate multiple sprites without having to attach them together. It's akin to working with individual pixels in pixel art, where each pixel is a 'sprite' in this case. If you drew out a simple face, you don't want to sit and have to select each and every pixel and move them individually. You want to highlight the whole face and move it. In graalshop, we have to do the former -- select each object in the gani and move them individually. It's a painful process.
Old 01-08-2010, 04:49 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Oh **** okay now i understand. Im sorry. I have not been thinking it out completely sorry.

Last time i make comments when ive only been awake for 2 hours

Old 01-08-2010, 11:18 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Has anyone else noticed the two things i listed? And apparently in stefans todo list in the most up to date gani editor (online) was support attaching