Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Bomy Island Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2016, 07:33 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
@andrew bomy island's core gameplay is a lot different from iclassic, esp because of its economy
Old 11-10-2016, 07:55 PM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
Ah ok. I don't think an economic difference is enough justification for another app. (If aiming for the iOS platform)
Old 11-11-2016, 03:09 AM
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
i just mean its gameplay revolves around jobs + economy, dont think other iservers have such a system to the extent g2k1 did/does
Old 11-11-2016, 05:43 AM
asdfg
BlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to behold
I recon it wouldn't be hard to create a game similar to graal/zelda using any modern game engine...
Old 11-11-2016, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMelon View Post
I recon it wouldn't be hard to create a game similar to graal/zelda using any modern game engine...
the challenge is the online/multiplayer part imo
Old 11-15-2016, 08:02 PM
sandin has a spectacular aura aboutsandin has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to sandin
Quote:
Originally Posted by James205 View Post
get on my level and get a crt monitor

also i think graal2001 should use old bodies
YES, OLD BODIES for G2001
Old 11-27-2016, 11:10 AM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
I'm considering an innovative approach to questing, where a portion of the questing content will be tied to the job progression. On Graal2001 there is a progression where it starts out difficult to make money and you have no equipment, but as you grind you are able to afford tools, and once you've done that you can craft more tools by mining, etc. My idea is to take the core idea for our crafting system and flesh it out to be deeper and allow for more things to be crafted in different ways, nothing innovative about that really. Then I will incorporate some items/weapons/tools that can be crafted or acquired via jobs to be necessary to enter or complete specific dungeons, in order of difficulty. The idea is not unlike the 3DS Zelda A Link Between Worlds, where in that game you could tackle the dungeons in any order. I want to make it so there is a difficulty progression and freedom to play the game in whatever order you please.

I am also highly considering implementing a system which will reward players for logging in consecutively once every 24 hours, and even give a bigger reward for 7 days in a row, etc. I could also implement daily objectives which pay x amount of gralats multiplied depending depending on how many days in a row the objectives would be completed.

Also another thing I'm looking at is a system which will add abilities and effects for specific hats. Think of it like Majora's Mask, where some hats/masks may have abilities and some don't. For instance if you're wearing a mining hat, maybe it would take less hits to break a rock or craft an ore, and the headlamp could have a light that can be turned on/off. Or if you have a chef's hat maybe you can make bread faster. None of this stuff would be that hard to accomplish.

Finally I have goals to implement smartphones to Bomy Island, but it's not like you think. Right now I am studying javascript every day and hope to create a companion app to the game that will allow players to check in while not via the client. This could include checking updates, events, daily objectives, etc. I ultimately want the game to have a lot of Animal Crossing-esque features where players feel connected to the game even when they're not playing it. This community aspect was integral to Graal2001 in those days and I think that is the only way to make it fully relevant going into the future.
Old 11-27-2016, 06:18 PM
ur a hard worker
Old 11-28-2016, 08:32 AM
Former N-Pulse Manager
Gold1 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Gold1 Send a message via MSN to Gold1
Just make something that we won't get bored of in 2 weeks please :')
Old 11-28-2016, 11:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold1 View Post
Just make something that we won't get bored of in 2 weeks please :')
wtb playercount
Old 12-23-2016, 08:44 PM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
There is now a second train that goes from South Bomboria to Santerrain through the swamps. I am considering also making it loop through Harmonia to The Slums in the future. The plan is to not have any stations that a train does not stop at on the overworld, which should be helpful and fun for new players to get around and explore.

There are also icons on the map that show where the train currently is, and signs at each station that tell you how long it will be before the train arrives.

Also for Christmas I am dropping presents all over the overworld periodically, not really an update but it's a good time.

Last edited by Kamaeru; 12-23-2016 at 09:59 PM..
Old 12-24-2016, 05:42 PM
G2k1

Here's what the new map system looks like, showing off the new train route. Skyld and myself worked on this all day yesterday and we are super happy with the outcome. Skyld put together a custom system for train stations that calculates the amount of time the train takes between trips, so if I move any stations around it will always show the correct time. The map also tracks Manny and Paul or any other moving object on the overworld such as the trains in real time, so you can watch the train and see where it is.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	g2k1map.png
Views:	911
Size:	791.1 KB
ID:	55974  
Old 04-03-2017, 08:51 AM
G2k1
Hello Graal,

Currently working on converting everything on Bomy Island to be able to use the amazing gani system for bodies Konidias created. If you're not aware what this is about, this means there can be over 20 different sprite attributes used for wearable, collectible, and trade-able gear. It's a lot of work but worth the outcome. The attributes are currently:

Quote:
back,
body,
shoes,
coat,
tunic,
belt,
head,
eyes,
neck,
hair,
hat,
gloves,
sword,
shield,
face1,
face2,
ears,
hold, // ?
bake, // ?
carry // ?
This will allow characters to have facial expressions to be used for new animated emoticons that will replace the default graal emoticons.

Here is an example of what the bodies look like, including a facial expression:

I was one of the people who worked on this system back in 2005/2006, and am really happy to be able to show everyone what we were able to accomplish. This is only a small sample of what has already been created, and there will be a lot more that I will be showing in the future.

I am tweaking jobs to be more polished and funner as well. Rock mining has been updated to have a better timing feel for the animation of hitting rocks. Baking will be updated so that players who want to press D faster to speed up the process can be rewarded for speed. I am also going to add the Scythe tool to expand the baking/cooking jobs by allowing players to grow, harvest and stock up their own wheat once they can afford it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	newmining.png
Views:	837
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	55980  
Old 04-03-2017, 01:34 PM
LimetasticSlushy has a spectacular aura aboutLimetasticSlushy has a spectacular aura about
Cool stuff! Are the facial expressions frames built into the image file or are they layered over the head image? I kinda would like to keep using head826.png while having expressions that look right lol

Oh and as belt items don't forget tails heheh
Old 04-03-2017, 01:54 PM
G2k1
Quote:
Originally Posted by LimetasticSlushy View Post
Cool stuff! Are the facial expressions frames built into the image file or are they layered over the head image? I kinda would like to keep using head826.png while having expressions that look right lol
The face and head are separate sprites, yes. So is hair. Everything on the list is a different sprite. As you can see though, this will not stop us from having any kind of look we want. Although many items will be wearable/collectible/equippable, faces and heads will most likely be user submittable (though subject to quality checking). Clothing may work in a similar way as how hats work currently on the server. There are also accessory items that are neither tools or clothing, such as umbrellas.

Quote:
Oh and as belt items don't forget tails heheh
This can be done with the backs (backpacks) equipment, there are some creative ones that were made like turtle shells and wings.

Last edited by Kamaeru; 04-03-2017 at 02:07 PM..