Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Bomy Island Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2016, 01:10 AM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
So we have actually gotten so much work done in the past few days it's hard to even begin with where to start. I added new swamp tiles and cliff tiles that Crono had backups of from the Bomy Island project. I completely retiled all of the cliffs and am about 75% done retiling the swamp areas using Gonstruct and tileeditor.

I added some classes of objects for lily pads, butterflies which fly around (I can most likely implement the bug catching job in the future).

I worked on adapting our current movement system to the Bomberman Arena game, but am missing one script for the destructible blocks so will either have to find or recode that part before I can use it.

I fixed the code problems with the Bomy quest and now it's fully playable. For that matter almost all of the quests are fully working with only minor errors that I need to fix which are really simple, like a level not updating after bosses are defeated and players leave the room.

Then there's this that Elk is working on: animated water tiles.
Old 10-11-2016, 01:14 AM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2k1swamps.png
Views:	921
Size:	22.9 KB
ID:	55952  
Old 10-11-2016, 12:23 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
i love shaping those swamp tiles
Old 10-12-2016, 04:14 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
1. just give people the draisine when they log in
2. buff bread making
Old 11-07-2016, 01:15 PM
G2k1
Working on making a new Samurai castle. These tiles are based on Samurai castle tiles that were made by Dusty around 2006 I believe. So far so good. Nothing you see is final, just threw this together real fast to see how it would look.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	samurairemake2k1.png
Views:	871
Size:	123.1 KB
ID:	55956  
Old 11-07-2016, 02:34 PM
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Old 11-09-2016, 07:39 PM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
yay

Is this aiming to be an IOS server? If not why not
Old 11-09-2016, 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xAndrewx View Post
yay

why would it
Old 11-10-2016, 05:09 AM
LimetasticSlushy has a spectacular aura aboutLimetasticSlushy has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
yay

There's a lot that needs to be done before that. For example nobody wants to play as a pet/slave and therefore no one will want to play as a bomy, so something needs to be done about that. Of course that's just one of many things...
Old 11-10-2016, 05:25 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by LimetasticSlushy View Post
For example nobody wants to play as a pet/slave
you don't know what does it for me
Old 11-10-2016, 10:58 AM
G2k1
Quote:
yay

So far I have done a large percentage of the work by myself. I'm personally just not a fan of iOS or apple hardware... I have pretty similar feelings about facebook. If you can work with me to develop a standalone client that we can sell on Steam I would be all for it.
Old 11-10-2016, 12:31 PM
G2k1
I'm doing the unthinkable right now.

Diagonal castle tiles.

This is actually only the very first thing on a long list I have compiled of tiles that are missing from the Graal tileset which appear in ALTTP.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	diagonal castle tiles.png
Views:	853
Size:	27.8 KB
ID:	55961  
Old 11-10-2016, 02:33 PM
G2k1

My next project will be much more challenging: I'm going to attempt to create proper interior cave tiles, hopefully complete with echoed sound effects for stuff like swinging the sword and walking.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	intcastlescreenshot2.png
Views:	867
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	55963  

Last edited by Kamaeru; 11-10-2016 at 03:05 PM..
Old 11-10-2016, 03:02 PM
neat
Old 11-10-2016, 06:51 PM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamaeru View Post
So far I have done a large percentage of the work by myself. I'm personally just not a fan of iOS or apple hardware... I have pretty similar feelings about facebook. If you can work with me to develop a standalone client that we can sell on Steam I would be all for it.
This will never happen.

The options are a dead-end PC platform or iOS and Facebook compatibility with an excess of 100~ players- not 10; If you are interested in iOS and Facebook you'll need a gimmick that's not already on the existing iOS servers- such as players that can also transform in to Bomies and battle against each other and capture other Bomies using Bomyballs. I don't think having the choice of either Human or Bomy will cut it... wouldn't it be very similar to Classic iPhone?

Sorry if this offends- I'm very factual and I'd hate to see you waste your time on a server that has a lot more potential. If you're happy for it to be a PC server please disregard my post.

I love the tiles- they look great.