Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-06-2013, 03:47 AM
Still wasting time here?
Scoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Scoper
House edit discontinuation

Players,

Housing edits are now discontinued indefinitely, pending the introduction of a new system, the details of which are still being debated at the moment.

This is done for a multitude of reasons:
-Having static, uneditable houses should cause a shift to where the kind of house you buy has an intrinsic value based on the style of the house. In other words, the value of a house will depend on more than just the amount of rooms it has.
-This should allow for the introduction of new systems and expansions of existing ones. You may have observed this in our extensive augmentation of the moveable furniture stores. This should only be the beginning
-The large disparity/interpretation differences in the housing rules have caused a lot of player misconceptions.
-From a staff standpoint, it makes us LATs sad to see our work completely erased by some kid with 25k.

This discontinuation includes all pending projects, assuming you have not paid yet. It has been fun working with all of you :3

Please note that myself and the other LATs will still be available to fix bugs in player houses (especially SR houses, since those are sweet new children), but that this is for BUGFIXES only.

"I don't believe that right choice confers immunity. I no longer believe in reward. I simply believe that choices must be made regardless of their chances of success. And so I've come here."
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodykiller View Post
take my liver but not my classic accounts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohola_KinG View Post
That's the type of guy you are. Never wrong, always right. Headache material you are.
Old 03-06-2013, 04:27 AM
Dictatin' since 2001
Fidel Castro is a jewel in the roughFidel Castro is a jewel in the rough
I'd like to personally thank Scoper on behalf of the Era staff team for all the hard work he has put in as the Housing Admin. He held that position for a long time and did a great job, getting his work done in a timely, efficient manner, receiving little to no complaints about his work. He is one of the longer tenured staff members and I think if you have ever dealt with him regarding a housing issue you know how professional and diligent he is in those situations. Thanking him for all his hard work wouldn't be a bad idea .

I'd like people to know that this decision has nothing to do with his performance. Scoper will become a full time senior PR and will help mentor our new PRs and teach them the way of the Scop. You can still PM him about bugs with your houses, though.

If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to post here as I will be regularly be checking this thread for that reason. I know some of you may not agree with this decision, but it wasn't an easy one and we do have some big ideas for the housing system that will be put into play in the future. I want to thank you all in advance for understanding that.
Old 03-06-2013, 04:48 AM
Alfonso :3
Dragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Dragon551 Send a message via MSN to Dragon551
Never got my house back

---------------------
---------------------
#AGT
Old 03-06-2013, 02:10 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Good decision. Player house editing always felt out of place on Era.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:28 PM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon551 View Post
Never got my house back
<3 u
Old 03-06-2013, 08:26 PM
Stay Frosty
WillaWonka will become famous soon enough
the way of the scop... making fun of me in mass pms /afk
Old 03-06-2013, 09:45 PM
Still wasting time here?
Scoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Scoper
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillaWonka View Post
the way of the scop... making fun of me in mass pms /afk
Think of all the people I don't mention in my PMs, and how much notoriety they don't get.
Coincidence?

"I don't believe that right choice confers immunity. I no longer believe in reward. I simply believe that choices must be made regardless of their chances of success. And so I've come here."
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodykiller View Post
take my liver but not my classic accounts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohola_KinG View Post
That's the type of guy you are. Never wrong, always right. Headache material you are.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:37 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidel Castro View Post
the way of the Scop.
You spelled 'noob' wrong.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:43 PM
Chi Patrol
taylor is a name known to alltaylor is a name known to alltaylor is a name known to alltaylor is a name known to all
Very good decision.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:58 PM
Stay Frosty
WillaWonka will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoper View Post
Think of all the people I don't mention in my PMs, and how much notoriety they don't get.
Coincidence?
woahomgbbq
Old 03-09-2013, 09:38 AM
Banned
bradigger is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to bradigger Send a message via MSN to bradigger
I feel like this is a little late to make such a decision. There are people with 10 room houses who spent thousands, but my tiny house I bought a few days ago is stuck the way it is forever now... I realize fairness is overrated but the rich players of Era get the best of everything it seems.
Old 03-09-2013, 11:05 AM
The Muffin Man
Tricxta is a jewel in the roughTricxta is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradigger View Post
I feel like this is a little late to make such a decision. There are people with 10 room houses who spent thousands, but my tiny house I bought a few days ago is stuck the way it is forever now... I realize fairness is overrated but the rich players of Era get the best of everything it seems.
Perhaps if you paid the extra bit of cash, you to could live it up! What's so unfair about that?

It's genius.
Old 03-09-2013, 02:28 PM
Zeus Condero
papajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to behold
What he said ^. When you save more up more money, sell your home and buy a bigger one
Old 03-10-2013, 11:16 AM
Banned
bradigger is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to bradigger Send a message via MSN to bradigger
I suppose that adds some realism. I'll learn to deal with it.
Old 03-13-2013, 01:59 PM
Ex Manager of Era
DazJenova is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to DazJenova Send a message via MSN to DazJenova
With the furniture system we have it makes it alot more interesting owning a house, it's pointless if all houses are already decorated and specially designed for that person.