Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Graphic Design
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2015, 07:29 PM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
It could certainly be worse. I really like the graphics and it shows skill and visual appeal but may or may not be the most appropriate style. It makes me think Graal is a game about mining (which subsequently makes me want to play, but is kind of misleading). I might have been the only person who got that feeling though. All in all, sweet work.
Old 03-02-2015, 07:42 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
http://classicgraal.net/oldintro.html
Old 03-02-2015, 10:00 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Very nice logo, but I do agree about the blue gralat being a little bit odd.

Also not sure how I feel about it overlapping the G as well. That's a pretty nice logo just on its own.
Old 03-04-2015, 06:11 PM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
I remember the day they updated the website with that flash intro.

I always thought about how the skull post in the doorway made no sense.
Old 03-05-2015, 02:47 AM
natchez416 will become famous soon enough
As a piece of art it is very nice. However, to me it only really represents graal classic and other similar servers. I think a new graal logo should focus on the potential diversity of graal servers, and also the fact that game content is almost entirely designed by the players. Both fundamental parts of graal that should be represented in a graal logo in my opinion.
Old 05-24-2015, 01:04 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Quote:
Originally Posted by natchez416 View Post
As a piece of art it is very nice. However, to me it only really represents graal classic and other similar servers. I think a new graal logo should focus on the potential diversity of graal servers, and also the fact that game content is almost entirely designed by the players. Both fundamental parts of graal that should be represented in a graal logo in my opinion.
A gralat (crystal) is an item that can find its way into almost any kind of Graal server.
Old 08-07-2016, 04:09 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
These have been in the website's public directory since (at least) 2007:

http://graalonline.com/themes/general/header-new.png

http://graalonline.com/themes/general/header-bak.png

Last edited by ffcmike; 08-07-2016 at 04:38 PM..
Old 08-07-2016, 04:11 PM
PlanetOscar is just really nicePlanetOscar is just really nice
Quote:
How much time do you have on your hands?
Old 08-07-2016, 04:31 PM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanetOscar View Post
How much time do you have on your hands?
I'm off work for a week .

Tbh if the first logo was in green instead I could have lived with that:

Old 08-07-2016, 04:33 PM
PlanetOscar is just really nicePlanetOscar is just really nice
Quote:
I'm off work for a week .

Tbh if the first logo was in green instead I could have lived with that:

Yeah, I don't even know what the current one looks like because management haven't been too consistent with logos, however simplistic seems the way to go.
Old 08-07-2016, 06:10 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draenin View Post
A gralat (crystal) is an item that can find its way into almost any kind of Graal server.
Especially popular servers like Zodiac or Era, or former flagship servers like Kingdoms or Zone.

plus it's a blue g, not even a green one.

who thinks of "generic final fantasy logo crystal" when they think of graal

it shouldn't be the thing that represents graal. it's so trivial and unimportant. hell, what are they even called? gralats? graalats? gelats? gelatos? you're the one defending its placement, and you're calling it a gralat. the "universal currency item" for the shop (eg., the one iteration of the item that could conceivably be associated with any type of server) is a gelat. even people that like it don't know what it ****ing is.

Last edited by kia345; 08-07-2016 at 06:22 PM..
Old 08-08-2016, 03:16 AM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
Especially popular servers like Zodiac or Era, or former flagship servers like Kingdoms or Zone.

plus it's a blue g, not even a green one.

who thinks of "generic final fantasy logo crystal" when they think of graal

it shouldn't be the thing that represents graal. it's so trivial and unimportant. hell, what are they even called? gralats? graalats? gelats? gelatos? you're the one defending its placement, and you're calling it a gralat. the "universal currency item" for the shop (eg., the one iteration of the item that could conceivably be associated with any type of server) is a gelat. even people that like it don't know what it ****ing is.

GELATIIIIIII

Old 08-09-2016, 11:06 AM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
haha
Old 08-14-2016, 12:33 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute