Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Bug Report
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-10-2012, 12:54 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Only thing I use scripted RC for is a quick script edit or two, and even then I have to think really hard if I want to bother with it or just use external.

It speaks nothing of Skyld's work, scripted RC is a great achievement... but Graal internal GUI's are the biggest issue with it.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:18 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
It would still help to say what you don't like about it. The external RC is not the perfect Windows text editor either.
Would it be possible to make it pop out into an external window, kind of like the playerlist does? I think people tend to like the fact that it doesn't require you to be logged into the client itself all the time. Personally, I keep RC in my system tray most of the time, and open it up when I need to edit stuff on the server.

If there's one program that shouldn't be abandoned for a totally scripted one, it would be RC. A lot of the functions it has are really nice.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:20 PM
Mr. Ciprioni Atrius Admin
alissalee is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to alissalee Send a message via MSN to alissalee
half the time scripted rc caused people major lag and graal to constantly freeze on them
Old 01-18-2013, 01:55 AM
Arch_Angel is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Arch_Angel
Any word on this? I'd very much like an update ;[
Old 02-26-2013, 04:54 AM
Banned
Kouji is on a distinguished road
Same exact thing happens to me, I've tried everything to fix it and there's no way to fix it unless there's an update. Here's a link to a picture of it.

http://puu.sh/28wva
Old 02-26-2013, 02:15 PM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by alissalee View Post
half the time scripted rc caused people major lag and graal to constantly freeze on them
Plus servers like Kingdoms Debug, don't use client-rc.. so if you do not have external, your completely screwed.
Old 04-01-2013, 12:23 PM
Registered Pirate Ghost
Gos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to behold
I found this on the Graalians forums, thought you might be interested:
http://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16533
Old 04-01-2013, 03:02 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gos_pira View Post
I found this on the Graalians forums, thought you might be interested:
http://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16533
It works, one thing though is they include an EXE file. Whether you trust it is up to you, you can however use the RemoteControl2.exe provided by Graal instead.

I've removed the EXE from the linked package. The attached zip only contains the working dependencies for RC2.

Instructions:

1. Extract the RC2 folder to your Graal folder (or wherever it doesn't matter).
2. Copy RemoteControl2.exe to the RC2 folder.
3. Run RemoteControl2.exe

Works:

Edit: Fixed the minor graphical glitch with Comboboxes (Playerlist and Ban Window). See the Graalians thread for instructions on how to fix it yourself or just re-download the RC2.zip file.

Edit 2: Made a dedicated thread for this fix here.. http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...86&postcount=1

Last edited by fowlplay4; 04-02-2013 at 06:45 AM..
Old 04-02-2013, 11:00 PM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Thanks FP4, now I wish my laptop hadn't broke. I do recall me having a huge argument on forums saying it wasn't stefan's fault rc2 broke and that it could be made working without him needing to rescript it.. I got bashed pretty hard for it.. Glad to see tho that you made it happen.
Old 04-02-2013, 11:25 PM
Registered Pirate Ghost
Gos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to behold
fp4 didn't do all the job. He simply cleaned it up. Credit where credit is due, this patch was initially released by OpenGraal on the graalians forums.
Old 04-02-2013, 11:33 PM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gos_pira View Post
fp4 didn't do all the job. He simply cleaned it up. Credit where credit is due, this patch was initially released by OpenGraal on the graalians forums.
Sorry my mistake, I thought he released it there too.. lol Still grats to who ever did it.. and proved me right xD