Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2013, 12:38 AM
smooth as eggs
racycle will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to racycle
Aside from the graphics, the way many mechanics that Freeroam and era share are quite different. Yes the general concept of killing people is still there , but every server on Graal has that concept? Mechanically however Freeroam is different , killing a person will grant you a warning level , as your crimes progress your "wanted" meter will increase. I would compare the concept to that of Grand Theft Auto Vice City (only one I really played.). Also based on your wanted level, being killed by a police officer will result in being "busted". Being busted will cost you a short prison sentence and a few dollars. In jail you will be able to preform different task and jobs.

We are trying to come up with fun and unique ways to handle our mechanics. If some of our content seams similar to another server's functionally I apologize but I do not play any other servers to stay up to date with what everyone is making. As for the cars , there is not a lot that can be done creatively that wouldn't require massive amounts of work on the staff team.

Lastly sorry rave_j if I did not fully answer your question, I tried my best to understand your point of view. Thank you BlueMelon for defending Freeroam if that was your intentions.

Old 02-03-2013, 02:33 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
I'd kinda like to see more roles on a modern server like this.

On servers like Era, Graal Ghetto, and so on, there have been feeble attempts to incorporate other roles into the game, like collecting trash or picking flowers or little odd jobs like that.

But where are all the jobs that actually allow a city to function in real life?

I'd like to see the option of doing things like joining a police force to arrest people when they've committed crimes. Or joining a group of firefighters that get bonuses for putting out fires or something. Or allow people to sell things other than weapons, like food that has to be made out of ingredients that other people farm. And in order to do make that work, make it possible for people to starve. If you do things just right, you can make people playing on the server actually depend on each other somewhat for help in different situations.

Just think about the real world, and what kinds of people are in it, and what they do, and what you could let players do that they could do in real life. Let them be construction workers that have hammers and demolition equipment. Or medics, who get bonuses for saving the lives of others. Allow players to become brokers on the stock market, or realtors that can sell housing to others. Even something as simple as needing someone to be online to open a shop at a certain time of day is both realistic and engaging to a player audience if you can find creative ways to give players incentives for doing tasks. Even if they're menial.

There's so much untapped potential in modern servers because they're all just simple GTA clones.

You might think I'm crazy, but think about the possibility of a modern server as a kind of 'Sim' game instead. It could work.
Old 02-03-2013, 04:39 AM
smooth as eggs
racycle will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to racycle
Thank you for your suggestions and ideas. The concept of a more virtual would dose have a lot of my interest however I don't feel the community will be big enough to sustain a player required server. I also don't feel the players would be able to maintain such a indirect task. Nothing directed to anyone but a lot of the community has school or work which would cause a problem. The Sims are able to pull it off because the world dose not require the player to pull his own weight.

police officer where you catch the bad guys(clearly), has already been implemented into the server.
package/mail delivery is also implemented into the server which has the ability to deliver mail to player houses to pay rent and such.
Medic was a part of the server as well where you drove around in a ambulance and healed players with a low wanted level. It was taken down due to a few bugs we were having.
Fire fighter has been brought up and some of the images have been made for it but the actual development of the job went onto the back burner.

We currently do have farming but it is not a server dependent task. The Construction Worker and Realtor jobs are interesting thank you , might have to make potholes spawn that they have to fix that can also damage cars. Realtor might have some issues with limited housing. My reference to GTA was mainly to point out the wanted star system they use.

Old 03-25-2013, 07:07 PM
Graal Freeroam Staff
KriosEthan is on a distinguished road
After taking a break from developing Graal Freeroam we have decided to pick back up where we left off. There really isn't that much that needs to be finished so once those scripts are completed Freeroam will be playable and enjoyable to those who choose to play. Below are about 5 videos I made of me doing different things on the game. This is mainly for the people who haven't logged onto Freeroam or people who have and didn't exactly know what to do.You can also find our Ventrillo server information below and are more than welcome to login and chat with us.

Youtube Videos of Freeroam - my next videos will have a voice over to help explain things as I go.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GXrsCFWvk8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBKjOdde0jo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhRhJbOoG1Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpKIuMdvPj0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AMMqqinEkM

Ventrillo Server

Host: zinc.typefrag.com
Port: 5275
Old 03-26-2013, 01:41 AM
callimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to behold
awesome! you really did a great job
Old 06-29-2013, 07:35 PM
Graal Freeroam Staff
Youtube Video of Freeroam
Latest Video w/Voice over
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WA0sv...7KVXAqmuVIZlG6
I did leave a few things out like the gang system and pk points but I will touch bases on those some other time. Basically this video covers most of what Freeroam has to offer.
Old 06-29-2013, 07:41 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Your voice over is very quiet and not very appealing towards grabbing my attention

It felt very tame and didn't really sell the server to me as something I would want to play.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 06-29-2013, 07:43 PM
Graal Freeroam Staff
Well it's not a trailer I just wanted to give more detail on how things work. I personally don't like how I sound over the mic, my voice comes off a lot differently than it would IRL.

Last edited by KriosEthan; 06-29-2013 at 07:45 PM.. Reason: added more
Old 06-29-2013, 07:54 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by KriosEthan View Post
Well it's not a trailer I just wanted to give more detail on how things work. I personally don't like how I sound over the mic, my voice comes off a lot differently than it would IRL.
That's fine, but your video has a purpose, if it was to be informative of detail, a written statement could've been much more effective paired with it

Old 06-29-2013, 08:12 PM
Graal Freeroam Staff
I have a written statement well more like a features list but I didn't want to post it until everything on there was complete. I suppose it would have been more effective but I believe the video will do just fine and if that doesn't work people can login and play on the server.
Old 06-29-2013, 09:39 PM
asdfg
BlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to behold
Wow I am exited to play this server. Great work you've put into it, looks really good. The mini games look sweet!
Old 06-30-2013, 06:23 PM
Graal Freeroam Staff
As requested here is a write up of some of the features Freeroam has to offer. Also everything on this list is already completed but we do have more features in the works.

- Map Guideline
When opening up the map each building/area is labeled with an icon.
If you hover your cursor over the icon it will then display the name of that building.

- Radio Stations
There are a total of 4 radio stations each are for sale at $50,000 until somebody buys it.
With radio stations you can stream music into the game for others to listen to.

- 1 Minute Tutorial
When you first login you will be taken to the tutorial. This tutorial will go over the basics.
It will tell you some of the basic controls and also explain the bottom bar and all of its contents.

Jobs - Delivery, Car Construction, Mining, Fishing, Digging

- Delivery - Delivery jobs can be found at the storage house which is located in the desert.
Just walk inside and grab a package and take it to it's destination. Once your reach the destination
you will receive money and experience

- Mining - In order to mine you will first need to purchase TNT, then head over to the mines.
Once inside you will need to place the tnt and blow it. Once this is done you will be taken into the mining mini-game.
All you will need to do is match up the shapes and try to get the minerals (Copper/Gold) to the bottom before time runs out.
Once the time runs out you will collect your minerals and earn some experience.

- Fishing - Fishing is pretty easy but first thing you need to do is head over to
the fishing shop and purchase a old fishing rod. After doing this head over to the water and press d (make sure the rod is equipped).
Your line will then be cast out into the water and you will have to wait for a bite. Once the water starts to splash press D and a cross heir will popup.
Try getting the fish as close to the center as possible, directly after this you will have to match the slider up properly. At times this can be tricky but
with a little bit of time and patience you will be able to master it. For every fish you catch you will earn exp, and you will also lose some energy.

- Shopping
Buying items is pretty simple, all you need to do is find a shop you would like to buy something from. For example the Gun shop, walk inside and look for the npc with the blue
arrows pointing at it. Walk up to it and just press enter, once you do this you will be able to view all of the items for sale inside this shop. You will also be able to sale items back to this shop.
Since this is the gun shop you will be able to sell guns back to the shop for half the price you paid for them.

- Hot keys
On the bottom right part of the bottom bar you will see 5 boxes each labeled 1-5. This is where you can drag your weapons and set them to a hot key.

- Apartments
Each user can own up to 2 apartments/houses, there is no limit on how many apartments/houses will be available. Although houses may or may not have an physical outside appearance. Basically in order to get an apartment you must first go to the apartment complex and then type /buyhouse, once you do this a window will pop up with 3 different apartment styles to choose from. Choose your the style you want and purchase the apartment. After doing this you will then have an apartment. Inside the apartment you can decorate it with furniture which can be bought from the furniture store.

- Vehicles
There are currently a number of vehicles available at the Car Dealership. Each vehicle has it's own unique speed and does require gas to work properly. In the event that your vehicle runs out of gas you can purchase a a gas can with a limited amount of gas in it to fuel up your vehicle.

- Gang System
-From here Gang admins should be able to control gangs, they should be able to edit a gang and its members, edit the gang name, add/remove members from the gang and choose a gang icon for the gang

-When a level 5 user wants to create a gang they will need to type /gangcreate and the control panel will pop up with the following information gang name, gang icon, gang motto, gang color
l'd be able to be edited)

Gang Territory - Throughout the city we should be able to set take-over-territory. Only gang members will be able to view the territory on the map. Each territory should have a gang color if that gang has taken over that territory.

Territory Perks/Types
If a gang takes over a Territory the gang will have a perk

- Increased health +5 health
- Takes 5% less damage
- Earns 5% more Experience
- Earns 2% more Pk points

Gang Territory - Throughout the city we should be able to set take-over-territory. Only gang members will be able to view the territory on the map. Each territory should have a gang color if that gang has taken over that territory.

Territory Perks/Types

If a gang takes over a territory the gang will have a perk

- Increased health +5 health
- Takes 5% less damage
- Earns 5% more Experience
- Earns 2% more Pk points

- Global Events/Regular Events
These events will happen at random anywhere on the map, your job is to find out where and complete the given objective. Apon completion you will receive a reward. We will list the global events at a later date.
Old 06-30-2013, 06:31 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
See? now I feel much more interested in looking thoroughly into the server with the information accessibly right in this statement, while the video provides a vague enough window into the world that now I can look into it for myself to determine what I feel for the experience.

Thank you very much for accepting my feedback, I'll be on in the future to do as I said I would above.

Old 08-21-2013, 04:17 PM
Graal Freeroam Staff
Small Update [Message]
Below will pretty much explain what is going on with Graal Freeroam.

We know it has been sometime since we posted any kind of update this is because we are currently in the process of applying for Hosted which seems to be taking a very long time. Honestly we think that we are being over looked but we are still making an attempt to get some type of response from the Global Administrators. In the event that Global Administrators just choose to ignore us and not give us any kind of response then we will probably stop all development on Freeroam and the project itself will be closed. Without their support it is nearly impossible for us to continue to move forward in any kind of way and we don't want to keep developing for nothing. For those that did pop on Freeroam and show us love we do appreciate you taking the time out to support us. With that being said hopefully we will have good news for your guys in the next week or so, thanks.