Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Classic Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Classic Server should..?
be left as it is. 4 6.15%
bring back it's original levels and hit detection. 51 78.46%
bring back ONLY the original levels but leave the hit detection as is. 1 1.54%
bring back ONLY the original hit detection but leave the levels as is. 9 13.85%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #421  
Old 05-07-2009, 11:17 PM
BlackSolider BlackSolider is offline
Gladius
BlackSolider's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 837
BlackSolider will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to BlackSolider
IMO a "hat economy" is pretty dumb since hats are useless. Yes they could be tradeable, collectible, etc. etc.

A trading card game makes much more sense because people can actually do something with the items, tournaments can be hosted around them, people can be better at them, etc.

I'm not going to say that our current card game is perfect because it is far from that. Rest assured we have plans to try and fix it up, though there is only so much we can do since only one person understands the scripts.

So, a better card game > hat economy, but thats just my opinion. Collecting hats has simply never appealed to me, and I've always loved card games.
Reply With Quote
  #422  
Old 05-07-2009, 11:24 PM
unknown unknown is offline
known
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 141
unknown is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to unknown
if hats are "useless" than why have the sethat npc at all? its an item to customize your character further and it would help the economy in the ways you mentioned yourself...

A trading card game on a video game is pretty dumb IMO. If I wanted to trade cards, I'd go trade cards IRL. You say hats are useless but so is a trading card game lol. I've loved card games too but why on graal? I want something that can customize my char more. As far as cards go, hats are comparable, they can be traded and collected, so its basically the same thing, just a hat economy would probably appeal a lot more to the rest of graal.
__________________
Relentless Mirage a.k.a. shiesty shizty
Reply With Quote
  #423  
Old 05-07-2009, 11:49 PM
Tyhm Tyhm is offline
Psionic Youth
Tyhm's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Babord, West Graal Deaths:1009 Kills:1
Posts: 5,635
Tyhm will become famous soon enough
They said the same thing when I tried to implement day/night and weather.

...wait...
__________________
"Whatever," said Bean, "I was just glad to get out of the toilet."

"Power does not corrupt. Fear corrupts, perhaps the fear of a loss of power."- John Steinbeck
"I'm only acting retarded, what's your excuse?" queried the Gord.
- My pet, the Levelup Gnome

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...&postcount=233
Reply With Quote
  #424  
Old 05-08-2009, 12:23 AM
BlackSolider BlackSolider is offline
Gladius
BlackSolider's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 837
BlackSolider will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to BlackSolider
....

The two are fairly similar: you can look at them, trade them, collect them, laugh at them, hate them, etc.

But there's one major difference between collectible hats and a collectible card game:

Cards you can battle with.

Thus making cards better than hats, imo. Whether you agree or not, cards still have that added function because you can't have a hat battle last time I checked.
Reply With Quote
  #425  
Old 05-08-2009, 12:35 AM
DustyPorViva DustyPorViva is offline
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 9,589
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSolider View Post
....

The two are fairly similar: you can look at them, trade them, collect them, laugh at them, hate them, etc.

But there's one major difference between collectible hats and a collectible card game:

Cards you can battle with.

Thus making cards better than hats, imo. Whether you agree or not, cards still have that added function because you can't have a hat battle last time I checked.
Dunno, in the online world of gaming, most people like to show off/be unique. With retaining that to simply cosmetics, players never feel like they're 'losing', and that they too, can obtain something to show off to others. However with competitive battling like the cards, losers lose motivation fast, especially when gaining those better cards means they have to not lose.

Simply, just because something has more use than being cosmetic doesn't necessarily mean players will prefer it. It just seems to me, personally, what online gaming seems to steer towards.
Reply With Quote
  #426  
Old 05-08-2009, 12:38 AM
MysticX2X MysticX2X is offline
Prince
MysticX2X's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,529
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSolider View Post
....

The two are fairly similar: you can look at them, trade them, collect them, laugh at them, hate them, etc.

But there's one major difference between collectible hats and a collectible card game:

Cards you can battle with.

Thus making cards better than hats, imo. Whether you agree or not, cards still have that added function because you can't have a hat battle last time I checked.
It doesn't hurt to have both.
__________________
-Mystic

former acc: mystic2k


RIP Matt (NBK)
Reply With Quote
  #427  
Old 05-08-2009, 04:46 AM
xnervNATx xnervNATx is offline
Classic FAQ
xnervNATx's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Classic
Posts: 874
xnervNATx will become famous soon enough
id like to know how much btk voted the second option except unknown and contego.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #428  
Old 05-08-2009, 05:01 AM
Crono Crono is offline
:pluffy:
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sweden
Posts: 19,993
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Crono
"43" lol, that's more than Classic![/EVERSOWITTYOFCOURSEnotrly]
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #429  
Old 05-08-2009, 05:21 AM
Bell Bell is offline
Registered User
Bell's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,824
Bell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud of
No hat economy and no wings. Its been a long standing agreement between UN and Classic that we would not have a hat economy and we wouldn't use wings.

One problem I see with Graal in general that I will fight bitterly against is the fact that every server seems to want to have the exact same things that the other servers have. Wouldn't it make more sense instead to have unique servers that players can enjoy? I'm not saying there won't be some similarities. Every game online has similarities to others but shouldn't you be able to log onto differant servers and experience not only a different look but different gameplay options?

Day/night and weather are good examples. It was a different experience when one had it. It became common and expected when everyone implemented it. Thus ruining the entire experience all together. Now if you don't have the option to turn it off people complain.
__________________
For support contact
http://support.toonslab.com/
Reply With Quote
  #430  
Old 05-08-2009, 05:26 AM
BlackSolider BlackSolider is offline
Gladius
BlackSolider's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 837
BlackSolider will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to BlackSolider
The less you have of something, the more you appreciate it.

When you get something for the first time (think a car or ps2 or puppy,) you appreciate it more.

When you lose something you loved/took for granted, you appreciate it more when it's gone.
Reply With Quote
  #431  
Old 05-08-2009, 06:05 AM
DustyPorViva DustyPorViva is offline
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 9,589
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell View Post
No hat economy and no wings. Its been a long standing agreement between UN and Classic that we would not have a hat economy and we wouldn't use wings.
Err... what? Why would Classic agree not to have wings nor hats. Especially hats... UN was not the first server to form a hat economy, so it really has no rights to it. I see no reason why Classic would agree to that, especially when UN probably never gave anything in return?
Reply With Quote
  #432  
Old 05-08-2009, 06:32 AM
contego contego is offline
rd tg MeiaH
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 155
contego will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to contego Send a message via AIM to contego Send a message via MSN to contego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell View Post
One problem I see with Graal in general that I will fight bitterly against is the fact that every server seems to want to have the exact same things that the other servers have. Wouldn't it make more sense instead to have unique servers that players can enjoy? I'm not saying there won't be some similarities. Every game online has similarities to others but shouldn't you be able to log onto differant servers and experience not only a different look but different gameplay options?

Eh, not so much. I think having too many servers only spreads the playercount too thin.

And tbh it 's Graal The Adventure has an on going identity crisis. -.-
__________________
tg MeiaH (BTK)

Last edited by contego; 05-08-2009 at 07:15 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #433  
Old 05-08-2009, 01:07 PM
DutchGuy DutchGuy is offline
The Flying Dutchmen
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 261
DutchGuy has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell View Post
No hat economy and no wings. Its been a long standing agreement between UN and Classic that we would not have a hat economy and we wouldn't use wings.

One problem I see with Graal in general that I will fight bitterly against is the fact that every server seems to want to have the exact same things that the other servers have. Wouldn't it make more sense instead to have unique servers that players can enjoy? I'm not saying there won't be some similarities. Every game online has similarities to others but shouldn't you be able to log onto differant servers and experience not only a different look but different gameplay options?

Day/night and weather are good examples. It was a different experience when one had it. It became common and expected when everyone implemented it. Thus ruining the entire experience all together. Now if you don't have the option to turn it off people complain.
Thank you for making something obvious that every regular player already knows.
All staff members have been lacking originality the last couple of years.
The only ones not seeing it are the ones who are the reason behind classics failure.
The people they say they know whats best for the server but don't do crap about it. Classic Staff.
Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #434  
Old 05-08-2009, 04:10 PM
unknown unknown is offline
known
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 141
unknown is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell View Post
No hat economy and no wings. Its been a long standing agreement between UN and Classic that we would not have a hat economy and we wouldn't use wings.

One problem I see with Graal in general that I will fight bitterly against is the fact that every server seems to want to have the exact same things that the other servers have. Wouldn't it make more sense instead to have unique servers that players can enjoy? I'm not saying there won't be some similarities. Every game online has similarities to others but shouldn't you be able to log onto differant servers and experience not only a different look but different gameplay options?

Day/night and weather are good examples. It was a different experience when one had it. It became common and expected when everyone implemented it. Thus ruining the entire experience all together. Now if you don't have the option to turn it off people complain.
in othewr games like WoW or Guild Wars or anything like that, all the servers are pretty much the same. Graal already has enough variety. Classic has already been moving in the way of other servers, everyones just biased that the ideas are from UN.

Kind of like Laura with her comment "I want to know how many of those votes are BTK"

It doesn't matter who it is or where they play or what guild they are in, what matters is, they want to see a change in the HD on classic so they can play there again.
__________________
Relentless Mirage a.k.a. shiesty shizty
Reply With Quote
  #435  
Old 05-08-2009, 04:18 PM
unknown unknown is offline
known
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 141
unknown is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to unknown
Besides, this thread is mainly for the hit detection to be changed to default...We were thinking of starting a new thread for ideas from everyone on improving classic in the right direction of development though.

Also, what I am hearing about, "Every classic server has gone the same way"
Well, graal classic servers have only advanced so much, and what I am hearing about classic not integrating what other classic servers have because its not original is a total excuse. Basically you're saying any ideas from other servers will never be added to Classic because they have already been used. If thats the case, classic is done for since there is no pioneering really going on. Who cares if another server has it, its obviously successful and could stimulate activity. Like has been mentioned, biggest issue for most is hit detection. Dark Cloud likes to talk about the one room on classic for default HD, yet more than half of the scripts in that room are broken.
__________________
Relentless Mirage a.k.a. shiesty shizty
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 04:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright (C) 1998-2008 Linux cyberjoueurs All Rights Reserved.