Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-31-2015, 08:13 PM
elite_master is an unknown quantity at this point
R.I.P Era 2015

It's official. Era is dead...Era is screwed.. Most accounts are banned from kids with ego problems becoming staff and banning people permanently.
The community that Era once had from 2005-2010 no longer exists, all of the oldbies have moved on or their account is banned
The current staff team has no motivation for anything new on Era. They do absolutely nothing for the players.
The gang system is trash. Gang Events aren't hosted, when they are MVP Coins aren't given out or any special prizes
All of the guns are .05 freeze now. It takes no skill to PK Anymore.
There is jack **** to do, no new content, everyone idles at unstick. Only fun things to do are collect guns and play events. Forget raiding who does that anymore?
The game is going no where, really fast. There are no advertisements for Graal whatsoever. Only thing they advertise is the iPhone/Android edition of Zone and Era which has 7,200 players on right now. Vs 60 people on here.
The Events Team doesn't seem to exist, no one is ever hosting, look right now not one damned ET is on. Not to mention the events are boring as **** now, no new ones, no new good ones.. We got PK Flag Tag which is new and fun, that's it.
Overall lack of content, lack of enthuasism from the staff, no improvements, no intentions of improving anything, oldbies are gone, nothing new at all, no advertisements staff do not listen to the players whatsoever they think they know what's best for the game...Not to mention the Owner of Graal (Stephane Portha/Unixmad). Not to mention when Unixmad fired Stefan the developer last year.. that was it... This game is toast.

It really sucks as I enjoyed playing Era.. I grew up playing this game and now its just dead... It has a chance to change and be better but no one really seems to care anymore.. The current Manager Sage has done absolutely nothing productive.. Israfel was Era's only chance and the ****head MD had to fire him.
Old 05-31-2015, 08:20 PM
ooger will become famous soon enough
Completely agree. It's honestly a miracle that so few staff members have managed to find the time in their busy lives to even keep this thing going (thx alf tim and other godly ppl)

We need help but it's not ours to do anything with is the problem. Will unixmad sell us era pc?
Old 05-31-2015, 10:11 PM
Banned
Godzilla has a spectacular aura about
I can tell you that when I was on the team a lot of projects were being developed, I even put a compete layout of a better 4 gang system that would actually work, which I believe started to get developed.

It's a shame no one hosts Gang Events anymore, I was hosting mini events almost daily and still had the big series with all top 4 gangs competing on the Saturday.

Unless production has stopped, there should be a lot of new content around the corner.
Old 06-01-2015, 09:15 AM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
claymation is the obvious next step.
Old 06-01-2015, 09:20 AM
Era iPhone PRA
Anero is an unknown quantity at this point
I have heard that Era iPhone has active staff. Join us!
Old 06-01-2015, 12:07 PM
ooger will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anero View Post
Join us!
If I could play from PC then I probably would try it.
Old 06-01-2015, 01:57 PM
Era iPhone PRA
Anero is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ooger View Post
If I could play from PC then I probably would try it.
Click here!
Old 06-01-2015, 02:31 PM
Kohola_KinG is on a distinguished road
2015? Era died many years ago.
Old 06-01-2015, 02:39 PM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
I don't think it's fair to blame Era staff on any of these issues. It all comes down to Unixmad and his failure to improve the game.
Old 06-01-2015, 06:06 PM
asdfg
BlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to behold
Maybe the game just doesn't appeal to us anymore? We've all grown up, we've all experienced different parts of life, we've all changed. Graal has done what every other game industry has done and has found great success, going mobile. They simply don't have the resources to support the aging PC community (and who would when the profits don't even compare with mobile)

All games come to an end, we've been beating this dead horse forever now. If you don't enjoy it anymore, simply don't play it
Old 06-01-2015, 06:10 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
I'm like done with classes next week, y'all got a chance, leave a message.

If not that new CS:GO operation should fill the free-time nicely.
Old 06-01-2015, 08:01 PM
Zongui is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMelon View Post
Maybe the game just doesn't appeal to us anymore? We've all grown up, we've all experienced different parts of life, we've all changed. Graal has done what every other game industry has done and has found great success, going mobile. They simply don't have the resources to support the aging PC community (and who would when the profits don't even compare with mobile)

All games come to an end, we've been beating this dead horse forever now. If you don't enjoy it anymore, simply don't play it
agree with this. all the servers for pc are weak, not just era. it's not just an era thing. this game is old as hell. it's outdated. servers are laggy and can't handle much. a lot have played since elementary/middle school, and are now in college or finished with it. don't think i have played a game as long as era, though.
Old 06-01-2015, 11:05 PM
Katbot
punkrules will become famous soon enough
I completely disagree with everything Elite_Master just said. Can I just say that I've been raiding with Bloodwork and Cloyd everyday for the last two weeks and I'm very entertained. Raids are pretty active, all the drama that comes with pking is alive and well. Events are active, and someone is hosting every single day. If no one is on to host, the players have the choice to vote for an event, which the Event Bot hosts.

With all due respect all see is an essay of complaining. If you aren't happy with the events become an ET and host your little heart out. If you aren't happy with the updates learn to Script, Lat, or Gfx and become a developer for the server. Do something, rather than sitting around and bitterly judging the staff team because you aren't having the same experience you had when you were 5-10 years years younger.
Old 06-04-2015, 02:02 PM
ilovegirlzz can only hope to improve
oldbies quit because they lost all their money through betflipping btw.

era isnt dead its still dying yo..
Old 06-04-2015, 02:11 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovegirlzz View Post
oldbies quit because they lost all their money through betflipping btw.

era isnt dead its still dying yo..
I quit because Graal is ded yo.